Norman Van Aken, Dena Marino & more cook for charity at Marlins Park pediatric cancer fundraiser
Food and wine event benefits I Care I Cure Foundation
Original Mango Gangster Norman Van Aken is teaming up with MC Kitchen's Dena Marino, Swine Southern Table and Bar's executive pastry chef Max Santiago, Michael Moran, chef instructor at FIU Chaplin School of Hospitality Management and Levy Restaurants at Marlins Park executive chef Vince Navarete for The I Care I Cure Childhood Cancer Foundation's first Celebrity Chef Culinary and Wine Experience, 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, November 3 at the Skykline Terrace at Marlins Park. There, each of the chefs will prepare a course using local ingredients, pair it with wine and serve it up. All proceeds will benefit Davie-based I Care I Cure which supports the development of, and raises public awareness about, cutting-edge, targeted therapies for childhood cancer, so that the treatment of childhood cancer will be gentler and more tolerable. Tickets are $200 per person. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or go to www.icareicure.org.
5:30 p.m. Sunday, November 3
Skykline Terrace at Marlins Park
- New at Townhouse: K Ramen. Burger. Beer. Plus rooftop "destination" The Cape
- COYO Taco's Scott Linquist opens OLLA Nov. 28 on Lincoln Road
- Bazaar Mar by José Andrés at SLS Brickell open for biz Nov. 22
- My Ceviche opening 6th outpost later this month at The Shops at Midtown
- Is Jack Nicholson an investor in a soon-to-open Miami restaurant?
- Michael Schwartz's Fi'lia opens in Brickell next week
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years