Norman Van Aken, Dena Marino & more cook for charity at Marlins Park pediatric cancer fundraiser
Food and wine event benefits I Care I Cure Foundation
Original Mango Gangster Norman Van Aken is teaming up with MC Kitchen's Dena Marino, Swine Southern Table and Bar's executive pastry chef Max Santiago, Michael Moran, chef instructor at FIU Chaplin School of Hospitality Management and Levy Restaurants at Marlins Park executive chef Vince Navarete for The I Care I Cure Childhood Cancer Foundation's first Celebrity Chef Culinary and Wine Experience, 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, November 3 at the Skykline Terrace at Marlins Park. There, each of the chefs will prepare a course using local ingredients, pair it with wine and serve it up. All proceeds will benefit Davie-based I Care I Cure which supports the development of, and raises public awareness about, cutting-edge, targeted therapies for childhood cancer, so that the treatment of childhood cancer will be gentler and more tolerable. Tickets are $200 per person. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or go to www.icareicure.org.
5:30 p.m. Sunday, November 3
Skykline Terrace at Marlins Park
- BLT Steak losing the B and adding Seafood to become LT Steak & Seafood
- Grilling this weekend? Here are a grillmaster's '10 Commandments'
- The Stones, McCartney, Dylan & DeRosa! Izzy's Fish & Oyster's Jamie DeRosa repping Miami at The Desert Trip
- The #FoieLife:Chef Jeremiah's Duck Duck Goose quacking in Wynwood June
- 5 last-minute Mother's Day brunches in Miami
- A night of dishing on Miami's culinary scene at Wynwood Yard
- Extra Ordinary: Vandy Vanderwarker of Charleston's The Ordinary shucking up at Mignonette in May
- Blue Collar restaurant hosting 2016 Matzo Chase - a scavenger hunt in Miami
- Richard Hales opening Bird & Bone Hot Chicken & Ribs at The Wynwood Yard
- Now Closed: The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Coming Soon to Mary Brickell Village: "Another Landry's concept"