Norman Van Aken, Dena Marino & more cook for charity at Marlins Park pediatric cancer fundraiser
Food and wine event benefits I Care I Cure Foundation
Original Mango Gangster Norman Van Aken is teaming up with MC Kitchen's Dena Marino, Swine Southern Table and Bar's executive pastry chef Max Santiago, Michael Moran, chef instructor at FIU Chaplin School of Hospitality Management and Levy Restaurants at Marlins Park executive chef Vince Navarete for The I Care I Cure Childhood Cancer Foundation's first Celebrity Chef Culinary and Wine Experience, 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, November 3 at the Skykline Terrace at Marlins Park. There, each of the chefs will prepare a course using local ingredients, pair it with wine and serve it up. All proceeds will benefit Davie-based I Care I Cure which supports the development of, and raises public awareness about, cutting-edge, targeted therapies for childhood cancer, so that the treatment of childhood cancer will be gentler and more tolerable. Tickets are $200 per person. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or go to www.icareicure.org.
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location