Norman Van Aken, Dena Marino & more cook for charity at Marlins Park pediatric cancer fundraiser
Food and wine event benefits I Care I Cure Foundation
Original Mango Gangster Norman Van Aken is teaming up with MC Kitchen's Dena Marino, Swine Southern Table and Bar's executive pastry chef Max Santiago, Michael Moran, chef instructor at FIU Chaplin School of Hospitality Management and Levy Restaurants at Marlins Park executive chef Vince Navarete for The I Care I Cure Childhood Cancer Foundation's first Celebrity Chef Culinary and Wine Experience, 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, November 3 at the Skykline Terrace at Marlins Park. There, each of the chefs will prepare a course using local ingredients, pair it with wine and serve it up. All proceeds will benefit Davie-based I Care I Cure which supports the development of, and raises public awareness about, cutting-edge, targeted therapies for childhood cancer, so that the treatment of childhood cancer will be gentler and more tolerable. Tickets are $200 per person. Contact email@example.com for more information or go to www.icareicure.org.
5:30 p.m. Sunday, November 3
Skykline Terrace at Marlins Park
- Extra Ordinary: Vandy Vanderwarker of Charleston's The Ordinary shucking up at Mignonette in May
- Blue Collar restaurant hosting 2016 Matzo Chase - a scavenger hunt in Miami
- Richard Hales opening Bird & Bone Hot Chicken & Ribs at The Wynwood Yard
- Now Closed: The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Coming Soon to Mary Brickell Village: "Another Landry's concept"
- Norwegian DJ Kygo's just desserts at Komodo
- Top Chef Paul Qui of Faena Hotel's heralded Pao arrested for alleged drug-fueled assault on girlfriend
- Bachour Bakery + Bistro opening March 25 on Brickell
- High end Kaori by Walter Martino opening in Brickell area February 23
- Juvia's Japanese sibling Sushi Garage opens in Miami's Sunset Harbor 'hood
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"