In The Heights
Get a little taste of Manhattan with "In The Heights," a Tony - and Grammy award winning - broadway show that's making a 12-day pit stop at the Broward County Center for the Performing Arts.
By Solange Reyner
Get a little taste of Manhattan with "In The Heights," a Tony - and Grammy award winning - broadway show that's making a 12-day pit stop at the Broward County Center for the Performing Arts starting this Tuesday, March 16. Think New York's Washington Heights, think hip hop, merengue, salsa, soul, think Dominican-American neighborhood.
This musical takes us through the lives - and struggles - of a mostly Latino community living in upper Manhattan.
Tickets range from $23 to $72.
Broward Center for the Performing Arts
201 SW Fifth Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, 33312
See and Do
- Discover Miami's Little Haiti neighbhorhood
- He was told as a boy he'd have to go to a deaf school—but he grew up to help make the music to Hamilton
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival takes over the streets of City Beautiful
- 5 reasons you should check out the Mammography Art Initiative in Wynwood this weekend
- 7 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23
- Miami's cultural itinerary courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Oct. 16-31
- Find your happy place at the Modern Life Mindfulness Festival
- Grovetoberfest Celebrates Six Years of Craft Beer
- Can this Miami political roast Make America Laugh Again? Let's hope so