IKEA Miami to Open
IKEA to break ground for future Sweetwater store soon.
IKEA Miami to open Summer 2014
1801 N.W. 117th Avenue, Sweetwater, Florida 33172
Swedish meatball lovers and affordable furnishing fanatics, lend us your ears:
IKEA, the world’s leading home furnishings retailer, will break ground, on Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 10:30 a.m., for its Miami store in Sweetwater, Florida, increasing its presence in the U.S. When the new 416,000 square-foot store opens Summer 2014 on 14.6 acres adjacent to the Dolphin Mall, and located west of the Miami International Airport at the intersection of the Dolphin Expressway (SR 836) and Florida Turnpike, it will be the 39th IKEA store in the U.S., fourth in Florida and will employ 350 IKEA coworkers.
In addition to nearly 10,000 exclusively designed items, the future IKEA Miami will feature three model home interiors, 50 room-settings, a supervised children’s play area, as well as a 600-seat restaurant serving Swedish specialties such as meatballs with lingonberries or salmon plates, and American dishes too. Other family-friendly features will include a Children’s IKEA area in the showroom, baby care rooms, play areas throughout the store and preferred parking.
- NARS Loves Miami
- Ann Taylor Shopping Event
- Thalía Launches Line At Macy's
- Meet Designer Rebecca Taylor
- Shopping & Fashion Events Art Basel 2013
- ELLE Decor Modern Life Concept
- A Del Toro Pop Up and Art Basel Wynwood Happenings
- Maserati Ghibli — Check out the all-new sedan
- Melissa Shoes Pop-Up Miami Celebrates Art Basel
- Meet Shoe Designer Sophia Webster