Ice Cream Fiesta
Rosa Mexicano celebrates the dog days of summer with an ice cream fiesta
There’s nothing like ice cream to get us through the dog days of summer, and Rosa Mexicano has us covered with an ice cream festival through Sept. 4. Patrons can choose from eight new flavor combinations including corn truffle (with toffee bits and chocolate), chocolate negro modelo (with salted cajeta and candied bacon) and guacamole de postre —sweet avocado ice cream with fresh strawberries, white chocolate shavings, Mexican wedding cookie crunch and chopped mint leaves, prepared tableside in a frozen molcajete (mortar and pestle).
At 10 a.m. Saturday, the restaurant’s Brickell and Miami Beach locations host an ice cream-making demonstration and three-course lunch. The cost is $30 ($15 for children) and reservations are required; 305-379-7218.
Rosa Mexicano Ice Cream Festival
Through Sept 4
- How eating at a Miami Italian restaurant can aid Italy earthquake relief
- What chefs, authors the Miami Book Fair has for food lovers
- This renovated firehouse with two names has become a Brickell staple
- Miami's favorite croquetas by Yelpers in honor of Croquetapalooza
- 5 fun foodie activities to do with kids in Miami
- Wynwood businesses reopen after Zika scare
- Michy fans: Fried chicken is back
- Grandma's recipes play into new Estefan Kitchen
- This "clean eating" South Beach restaurant to open Brickell spot
- Croquetas get star treatment at Croquetapalooza