Ice Cream Fiesta
Rosa Mexicano celebrates the dog days of summer with an ice cream fiesta
Rosa Mexicano Ice Cream Festival
Through Sept 4
There’s nothing like ice cream to get us through the dog days of summer, and Rosa Mexicano has us covered with an ice cream festival through Sept. 4. Patrons can choose from eight new flavor combinations including corn truffle (with toffee bits and chocolate), chocolate negro modelo (with salted cajeta and candied bacon) and guacamole de postre —sweet avocado ice cream with fresh strawberries, white chocolate shavings, Mexican wedding cookie crunch and chopped mint leaves, prepared tableside in a frozen molcajete (mortar and pestle).
At 10 a.m. Saturday, the restaurant’s Brickell and Miami Beach locations host an ice cream-making demonstration and three-course lunch. The cost is $30 ($15 for children) and reservations are required; 305-379-7218.
- Harry's Pizzeria by Michael Schwartz opens Wednesday in Coconut Grove
- The List: Miami's best foods with chef Bernie Matz
- Miami chef Cindy Hutson to be honored Oct. 10
- LIV nightclub founder David Grutman to open Komodo restaurant in Brickell
- New TiramesU restaurant opening Oct. 6 in South Beach
- Chef Jeremiah's Pork Is Good festival returns to Wynwood in November
- Chefs leave top kitchen posts at Miami Beach restaurants Seagrape, Michael Mina 74
- The List: Miami's 10 best foods, according to Stripsteak's Derrick Roberts
- Change is on the menu at Michael Schwartz's The Cypress Room in Miami
- Spanish food market to pop up at Bayfront Park