Ice Cream Fiesta
Rosa Mexicano celebrates the dog days of summer with an ice cream fiesta
Rosa Mexicano Ice Cream Festival
Through Sept 4
There’s nothing like ice cream to get us through the dog days of summer, and Rosa Mexicano has us covered with an ice cream festival through Sept. 4. Patrons can choose from eight new flavor combinations including corn truffle (with toffee bits and chocolate), chocolate negro modelo (with salted cajeta and candied bacon) and guacamole de postre —sweet avocado ice cream with fresh strawberries, white chocolate shavings, Mexican wedding cookie crunch and chopped mint leaves, prepared tableside in a frozen molcajete (mortar and pestle).
At 10 a.m. Saturday, the restaurant’s Brickell and Miami Beach locations host an ice cream-making demonstration and three-course lunch. The cost is $30 ($15 for children) and reservations are required; 305-379-7218.
- Dale Talde's top 10 things to eat in Miami
- South Beach sushi pop-up Prey puts invasive species on the menu at 1 Hotel & Homes
- The List: 10 best Miami foods with Batch Gastropub's Kevin Danilo
- 2 new Coral Gables restaurants opening this week: Trust & Co. and Ichimi
- Worth the drive: Clay Conley opens Grato restaurant in West Palm Beach
- A Top Chef's 10 favorite foods in Miami
- Former Zuma chef, manager to open KYU restaurant in Wynwood
- Kris Wessel to open barbecue joint in Miami's Little Haiti
- Is it worth it? Quality Meats Miami Beach debuts $64 Chicken Parm Pizza
- The List: 10 best South Florida restaurants according to Rick Mijares