Ice Cream Fiesta
Rosa Mexicano celebrates the dog days of summer with an ice cream fiesta
Rosa Mexicano Ice Cream Festival
Through Sept 4
There’s nothing like ice cream to get us through the dog days of summer, and Rosa Mexicano has us covered with an ice cream festival through Sept. 4. Patrons can choose from eight new flavor combinations including corn truffle (with toffee bits and chocolate), chocolate negro modelo (with salted cajeta and candied bacon) and guacamole de postre —sweet avocado ice cream with fresh strawberries, white chocolate shavings, Mexican wedding cookie crunch and chopped mint leaves, prepared tableside in a frozen molcajete (mortar and pestle).
At 10 a.m. Saturday, the restaurant’s Brickell and Miami Beach locations host an ice cream-making demonstration and three-course lunch. The cost is $30 ($15 for children) and reservations are required; 305-379-7218.
- Tongue & Cheek celebrates Memorial Day with extended happy hour & special menu
- Score a free burger at Smashburger
- Monday is Family Night at Restaurant Michael Schwartz
- Join chef Dale Talde (Brooklyn's TALDE) at Khong River House May 30
- Bite into Taste of the Gables 2013 June 6
- Kouzina adds Greek influence to the Design District
- RA Sushi hosts Nicky's Week fundraiser
- Eat well & do good May 18 at Temaris
- Support Boston victims at a Meat Market cocktail dinner
- Join Essensia for a May 22 garden party