Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
Spain and Mexico are allegedly coming to South Beach with two possible restaurant openings
As we Tweeted on Saturday, Señor Frog's is allegedly opening in the space currently known as Jerry's Famous Deli at 1450 Collins Ave.
While the owners of Jerry's — the same folks who own gourmet markets Epicure — won't go on record saying that they are shutting down the place sometime in August, we hear from numerous reliable sources that it's only a matter of ink drying.
The same sources say up next for the space will be that Cancun-based raucous tourist drink spot. In the meantime, the same company behind Frog's opened a high-end Mexican, Porfirio's, South of Fifth, as reported yesterday.
This also just in: Lio Ibiza, a hybrid restaurant (high-end tapas bar, we're told), club and cabaret from Spain's nightclub capital, is set to open in the space formerly known as Billboard Live and 1501 Barton G. at 1501 Ocean Dr.
Lio, perhaps not so coincidentally, means mess in Spanish. We tried getting hold of someone over there in Ibiza, pronounced Ibitha, but they were busy at the club. Stay tuned.
UPDATE, October 27 2014: While Lio Ibiza was indeed slated for the aforementioned South Beach space, not anymore. A spokesperson just confirmed that "Lio has been postponned until further notice."
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton