Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
Spain and Mexico are allegedly coming to South Beach with two possible restaurant openings
As we Tweeted on Saturday, Señor Frog's is allegedly opening in the space currently known as Jerry's Famous Deli at 1450 Collins Ave.
While the owners of Jerry's — the same folks who own gourmet markets Epicure — won't go on record saying that they are shutting down the place sometime in August, we hear from numerous reliable sources that it's only a matter of ink drying.
The same sources say up next for the space will be that Cancun-based raucous tourist drink spot. In the meantime, the same company behind Frog's opened a high-end Mexican, Porfirio's, South of Fifth, as reported yesterday.
This also just in: Lio Ibiza, a hybrid restaurant (high-end tapas bar, we're told), club and cabaret from Spain's nightclub capital, is set to open in the space formerly known as Billboard Live and 1501 Barton G. at 1501 Ocean Dr.
Lio, perhaps not so coincidentally, means mess in Spanish. We tried getting hold of someone over there in Ibiza, pronounced Ibitha, but they were busy at the club. Stay tuned.
UPDATE, October 27 2014: While Lio Ibiza was indeed slated for the aforementioned South Beach space, not anymore. A spokesperson just confirmed that "Lio has been postponned until further notice."
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai
- Morimoto closing Sept. 30 in South Beach
- For the first time, a woman runs the kitchen at The Forge in Miami Beach
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell
- Dinner Lab hosts Miami meal with gin pairings on Aug. 25
- Miami restaurateur Michael Schwartz faces federal lawsuit alleging employee mistreatment
- Wynwood Diner opens this weekend in Miami