Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
Spain and Mexico are allegedly coming to South Beach with two possible restaurant openings
As we Tweeted on Saturday, Señor Frog's is allegedly opening in the space currently known as Jerry's Famous Deli at 1450 Collins Ave.
While the owners of Jerry's — the same folks who own gourmet markets Epicure — won't go on record saying that they are shutting down the place sometime in August, we hear from numerous reliable sources that it's only a matter of ink drying.
The same sources say up next for the space will be that Cancun-based raucous tourist drink spot. In the meantime, the same company behind Frog's opened a high-end Mexican, Porfirio's, South of Fifth, as reported yesterday.
This also just in: Lio Ibiza, a hybrid restaurant (high-end tapas bar, we're told), club and cabaret from Spain's nightclub capital, is set to open in the space formerly known as Billboard Live and 1501 Barton G. at 1501 Ocean Dr.
Lio, perhaps not so coincidentally, means mess in Spanish. We tried getting hold of someone over there in Ibiza, pronounced Ibitha, but they were busy at the club. Stay tuned.
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location
- NYC-based the Chef Agency expands to Miami
- The Rumor Mill: Bal Harbour's La Goulue on way out, Stephen Starr in