Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
Spain and Mexico are allegedly coming to South Beach with two possible restaurant openings
As we Tweeted on Saturday, Señor Frog's is allegedly opening in the space currently known as Jerry's Famous Deli at 1450 Collins Ave.
While the owners of Jerry's — the same folks who own gourmet markets Epicure — won't go on record saying that they are shutting down the place sometime in August, we hear from numerous reliable sources that it's only a matter of ink drying.
The same sources say up next for the space will be that Cancun-based raucous tourist drink spot. In the meantime, the same company behind Frog's opened a high-end Mexican, Porfirio's, South of Fifth, as reported yesterday.
This also just in: Lio Ibiza, a hybrid restaurant (high-end tapas bar, we're told), club and cabaret from Spain's nightclub capital, is set to open in the space formerly known as Billboard Live and 1501 Barton G. at 1501 Ocean Dr.
Lio, perhaps not so coincidentally, means mess in Spanish. We tried getting hold of someone over there in Ibiza, pronounced Ibitha, but they were busy at the club. Stay tuned.
- Dinner in Paradise: Homestead farm's chef lineup is out!
- Morimoto South Beach opening October 1 and we have the menu!
- Top Chef Masters contestant Herb Wilson is executive chef of SoFi's forthcoming Red Ginger
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro