Hung Huynh's CATCH eyeing a pre Xmas opening
Top Chef winner opens at The James Royal Palm
With Florida Cookery quietly open at the finally opened James Royal Palm, Top Chef season three winner Hung Huynh is prepping for a pre-Christmas opening of CATCH, his successful Meatpacking District seafood spot. The bi-level, 175-seat space designed by ICRAVE is the first restaurant project outside of NYC for the restaurant collective known as the EMM Group. And while CATCH isn't ready for its closeup at the James, Hung was in town last night for a sold-out sneak preview dinner at the Soho Beach House including some of the restaurant's signature dishes. Among them:Tuna Tartare topped Crunchy Rice Cakes, Cantonese Lobster and Crispy Whole Fried Snapper. Stay tuned for specific opening information.
Previous CATCH coverage on Miami.com
- Tobacco Road goes adrift: A Miamian's lament of historic bar's corporate partnership
- Pascal Oudin's Brasserie Central opening soon at Merrick Park
- From 1826 to 50 Eggs: Danny Grant to helm 'two new concepts' for John Kunkel's growing culinary empire
- Exclusive! Top Chef Masters' Patricia Yeo is Khong River House's new executive chef
- Japanese speakeasy BLK Orchid opening at Townhouse Hotel Oct. 17
- Coyo Taco Wynwood opening mid November
- Kris Wessel's A.I.R. near Lincoln Road closing after less than 2 months
- Miami Smokers opening retail shop & deli in Little Havana
- Chef Jeremiah's swinesational P.I.G. 5 lineup announced!
- Tickets now on sale for LUCKYRICE Festival's 5th Anniversary by Bombay Sapphire East and hosted by Masaharu Morimoto