Hung Huynh's CATCH eyeing a pre Xmas opening
Top Chef winner opens at The James Royal Palm
With Florida Cookery quietly open at the finally opened James Royal Palm, Top Chef season three winner Hung Huynh is prepping for a pre-Christmas opening of CATCH, his successful Meatpacking District seafood spot. The bi-level, 175-seat space designed by ICRAVE is the first restaurant project outside of NYC for the restaurant collective known as the EMM Group. And while CATCH isn't ready for its closeup at the James, Hung was in town last night for a sold-out sneak preview dinner at the Soho Beach House including some of the restaurant's signature dishes. Among them:Tuna Tartare topped Crunchy Rice Cakes, Cantonese Lobster and Crispy Whole Fried Snapper. Stay tuned for specific opening information.
Previous CATCH coverage on Miami.com
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location
- NYC-based the Chef Agency expands to Miami