Hung Huynh's CATCH eyeing a pre Xmas opening
Top Chef winner opens at The James Royal Palm
With Florida Cookery quietly open at the finally opened James Royal Palm, Top Chef season three winner Hung Huynh is prepping for a pre-Christmas opening of CATCH, his successful Meatpacking District seafood spot. The bi-level, 175-seat space designed by ICRAVE is the first restaurant project outside of NYC for the restaurant collective known as the EMM Group. And while CATCH isn't ready for its closeup at the James, Hung was in town last night for a sold-out sneak preview dinner at the Soho Beach House including some of the restaurant's signature dishes. Among them:Tuna Tartare topped Crunchy Rice Cakes, Cantonese Lobster and Crispy Whole Fried Snapper. Stay tuned for specific opening information.
Previous CATCH coverage on Miami.com
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai