Hung Huynh's CATCH eyeing a pre Xmas opening
Top Chef winner opens at The James Royal Palm
With Florida Cookery quietly open at the finally opened James Royal Palm, Top Chef season three winner Hung Huynh is prepping for a pre-Christmas opening of CATCH, his successful Meatpacking District seafood spot. The bi-level, 175-seat space designed by ICRAVE is the first restaurant project outside of NYC for the restaurant collective known as the EMM Group. And while CATCH isn't ready for its closeup at the James, Hung was in town last night for a sold-out sneak preview dinner at the Soho Beach House including some of the restaurant's signature dishes. Among them:Tuna Tartare topped Crunchy Rice Cakes, Cantonese Lobster and Crispy Whole Fried Snapper. Stay tuned for specific opening information.
Previous CATCH coverage on Miami.com
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.
- La Mar by Gastón Acurio opens at Mandarin Oriental, Miami on Wednesday, March 19