Hung Huynh's CATCH eyeing a pre Xmas opening
Top Chef winner opens at The James Royal Palm
With Florida Cookery quietly open at the finally opened James Royal Palm, Top Chef season three winner Hung Huynh is prepping for a pre-Christmas opening of CATCH, his successful Meatpacking District seafood spot. The bi-level, 175-seat space designed by ICRAVE is the first restaurant project outside of NYC for the restaurant collective known as the EMM Group. And while CATCH isn't ready for its closeup at the James, Hung was in town last night for a sold-out sneak preview dinner at the Soho Beach House including some of the restaurant's signature dishes. Among them:Tuna Tartare topped Crunchy Rice Cakes, Cantonese Lobster and Crispy Whole Fried Snapper. Stay tuned for specific opening information.
Previous CATCH coverage on Miami.com
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton