Fried chicken tacos & tequila ice pops at Huahua’s Taqueria, opening mid-June on Lincoln Road
HaVen Gastro Lounge's spin on fast casual, creative Mexican
While HaVen Gastro-Lounge teased us with their Taco Tuesdays previews these past few months, its mod-Mexican cousin, Huahua’s Taqueria, is finally set to open in mid-June. The fast-casual spot will serve tacos, enchiladas, sweets and more "inspired by South of the Border cuisine while reflecting HaVen’s innovative flare," says the official PR spin. Translation: expect some traditional fare as well as chef Todd Erickson's trippy spin on it.
For example: Elote--a whole fire grilled corn cob slatered with spicy mayo, cotija cheese and chopped cilantro; Hongos Majicos--charred mushrooms, grilled veggies and tofu crema; Fried Chicken Taco--buttermilk fried chicken with ancho ranch and jalapeno cornbread crumbles; and Braised Short Rib Enchiladas (pictured) with caramelized onions and cotija cheese with choice of pork green chili, beef red chili or lemon sauce poured over top; and, among the paletas (ice pop) that makes the first menu--Tequila! Also on the menu: beer and margaritas.
In addition to being open for lunch and dinner daily, the new Taqueria will stay open late on weekends. As for the name, it's "a tribute to owner Mike Boles’ little Chihuahua, named Jalapeña. Think of it as Chihuahua without the 'chi'," says the website. Huahua's also promises to VIP your own pets as well and offers "wicked fast WiFi."
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai
- Morimoto closing Sept. 30 in South Beach
- For the first time, a woman runs the kitchen at The Forge in Miami Beach
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell
- Dinner Lab hosts Miami meal with gin pairings on Aug. 25
- Miami restaurateur Michael Schwartz faces federal lawsuit alleging employee mistreatment
- Wynwood Diner opens this weekend in Miami