Fried chicken tacos & tequila ice pops at Huahua’s Taqueria, opening mid-June on Lincoln Road
HaVen Gastro Lounge's spin on fast casual, creative Mexican
While HaVen Gastro-Lounge teased us with their Taco Tuesdays previews these past few months, its mod-Mexican cousin, Huahua’s Taqueria, is finally set to open in mid-June. The fast-casual spot will serve tacos, enchiladas, sweets and more "inspired by South of the Border cuisine while reflecting HaVen’s innovative flare," says the official PR spin. Translation: expect some traditional fare as well as chef Todd Erickson's trippy spin on it.
For example: Elote--a whole fire grilled corn cob slatered with spicy mayo, cotija cheese and chopped cilantro; Hongos Majicos--charred mushrooms, grilled veggies and tofu crema; Fried Chicken Taco--buttermilk fried chicken with ancho ranch and jalapeno cornbread crumbles; and Braised Short Rib Enchiladas (pictured) with caramelized onions and cotija cheese with choice of pork green chili, beef red chili or lemon sauce poured over top; and, among the paletas (ice pop) that makes the first menu--Tequila! Also on the menu: beer and margaritas.
In addition to being open for lunch and dinner daily, the new Taqueria will stay open late on weekends. As for the name, it's "a tribute to owner Mike Boles’ little Chihuahua, named Jalapeña. Think of it as Chihuahua without the 'chi'," says the website. Huahua's also promises to VIP your own pets as well and offers "wicked fast WiFi."
1211 Lincoln Rd.
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years
- Big name chefs heading to Hyde Beach on September 22 for Hunger Action Month
- Ex Milos chef to head up kitchen at Miami River Greek spot, KIKI on the River
- Rick Bayless restaurant Red O opening in downtown Miami next summer
- Where sushi blends old world and new on South Beach
- Top 5 Arepas in Miami from Yelp
- Mimo Restaurant The Fed Shuts Down