Fried chicken tacos & tequila ice pops at Huahua’s Taqueria, opening mid-June on Lincoln Road
HaVen Gastro Lounge's spin on fast casual, creative Mexican
While HaVen Gastro-Lounge teased us with their Taco Tuesdays previews these past few months, its mod-Mexican cousin, Huahua’s Taqueria, is finally set to open in mid-June. The fast-casual spot will serve tacos, enchiladas, sweets and more "inspired by South of the Border cuisine while reflecting HaVen’s innovative flare," says the official PR spin. Translation: expect some traditional fare as well as chef Todd Erickson's trippy spin on it.
For example: Elote--a whole fire grilled corn cob slatered with spicy mayo, cotija cheese and chopped cilantro; Hongos Majicos--charred mushrooms, grilled veggies and tofu crema; Fried Chicken Taco--buttermilk fried chicken with ancho ranch and jalapeno cornbread crumbles; and Braised Short Rib Enchiladas (pictured) with caramelized onions and cotija cheese with choice of pork green chili, beef red chili or lemon sauce poured over top; and, among the paletas (ice pop) that makes the first menu--Tequila! Also on the menu: beer and margaritas.
In addition to being open for lunch and dinner daily, the new Taqueria will stay open late on weekends. As for the name, it's "a tribute to owner Mike Boles’ little Chihuahua, named Jalapeña. Think of it as Chihuahua without the 'chi'," says the website. Huahua's also promises to VIP your own pets as well and offers "wicked fast WiFi."
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.