Fried chicken tacos & tequila ice pops at Huahua’s Taqueria, opening mid-June on Lincoln Road
HaVen Gastro Lounge's spin on fast casual, creative Mexican
While HaVen Gastro-Lounge teased us with their Taco Tuesdays previews these past few months, its mod-Mexican cousin, Huahua’s Taqueria, is finally set to open in mid-June. The fast-casual spot will serve tacos, enchiladas, sweets and more "inspired by South of the Border cuisine while reflecting HaVen’s innovative flare," says the official PR spin. Translation: expect some traditional fare as well as chef Todd Erickson's trippy spin on it.
For example: Elote--a whole fire grilled corn cob slatered with spicy mayo, cotija cheese and chopped cilantro; Hongos Majicos--charred mushrooms, grilled veggies and tofu crema; Fried Chicken Taco--buttermilk fried chicken with ancho ranch and jalapeno cornbread crumbles; and Braised Short Rib Enchiladas (pictured) with caramelized onions and cotija cheese with choice of pork green chili, beef red chili or lemon sauce poured over top; and, among the paletas (ice pop) that makes the first menu--Tequila! Also on the menu: beer and margaritas.
In addition to being open for lunch and dinner daily, the new Taqueria will stay open late on weekends. As for the name, it's "a tribute to owner Mike Boles’ little Chihuahua, named Jalapeña. Think of it as Chihuahua without the 'chi'," says the website. Huahua's also promises to VIP your own pets as well and offers "wicked fast WiFi."
1211 Lincoln Rd.
- Extra Ordinary: Vandy Vanderwarker of Charleston's The Ordinary shucking up at Mignonette in May
- Blue Collar restaurant hosting 2016 Matzo Chase - a scavenger hunt in Miami
- Richard Hales opening Bird & Bone Hot Chicken & Ribs at The Wynwood Yard
- Now Closed: The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Coming Soon to Mary Brickell Village: "Another Landry's concept"
- Norwegian DJ Kygo's just desserts at Komodo
- Top Chef Paul Qui of Faena Hotel's heralded Pao arrested for alleged drug-fueled assault on girlfriend
- Bachour Bakery + Bistro opening March 25 on Brickell
- High end Kaori by Walter Martino opening in Brickell area February 23
- Juvia's Japanese sibling Sushi Garage opens in Miami's Sunset Harbor 'hood
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"