The Hoxton joins Gordon Biersch as another Brickell area restaurant to close
Self professed 'Urban Beach House' is no more
1111 SW 1st Ave.
Maybe the Gordon Biersch statement saying it's closing the Brickell location due to adverse economic conditions at that location isn't so far off. Following yesterday's announcement of the brewery's demise is The Hoxton, a much hyped, so-called "Urban Beach House," which announced its end in a series of tweets saying, "We wish to inform you that after it’s tenure as the only “Urban Beach House” in South Florida, The Hoxton will now be closed," "The ownership, management and staff wish to thank everyone for the great support, collaborations and one-of-a-kind events," and "As of todays date any functions or special events scheduled will be cancelled effective today 10.22.13. Thank you and until our next venture." The Hoxton opened almost a year ago and is part of a trio of places that were touted by its PR team as "never before seen in Miami." One of those places is the hailed Box Park, which is still open ("yes, we are!" they wrote us), and the other, Harvey Wolf, never opened. Brickell boom or bust redux?
Update November 9: And there went Box Park, which on November 9 tweeted, "For reasons beyond our control we will be closing our doors Sunday. Thanks to everyone who has supported us and shown us love." Providing a bit of insight perhaps was an October 22 tweet from the restaurant which said, "Much of the commercial space in the Axis building was sold today. @BoxParkMiami is alive and doing just fine!" There's a final dinner service from 6 p.m. until midnight Saturday and on Sunday the 7th a final brunch from noon to 6 p.m.
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton