How to get rid of brown spots like the celebrities do
Brooke Burke has melasma
Before Brooke Burke had a health scare with thyroid cancer, the Dancing with the Stars host talked about an issue with melasma, brown patches on the skin and hyperpigmentation.
Actress Courteney Cox has also been public about her condition. Melasma has been proven hard to treat. It's sparked by the overproduction of melanin due to hormonal fluctuations, often associated with oral contraception and pregnancy (earning the nickname of the “pregnancy mask”). It is estimated that approximately six million women and almost one million men in the United States have it.
Luckily for us in South Florida, there’s been a recent rise in treatment options and products. Dermatologist Dr Flor Mayoral in Coral Gables is currently using PrecisionMD Dermaceutic Peel for her patients. Dermaceutic (the No. 1 peel in France) is an in-office and at home peel combination that can get rid of melasma in just about four weeks.
More info www.precisionmdskin.com/Skincare
On Our Radar
- Jason Derulo talks new album, influences
- It's decision time for Dwyane Wade
- Launch party for Moscai hosted at The W
- Soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo spotted at W Hotel
- Magic Mike XXL stars at Miami Walk of Fame ceremony
- Irie Weekend a success
- Report: Prince Royce needs to pay up
- Real Housewives couple sue
- Kylie Jenner makes appearance at Sugar Factory
- AC Hotel opens with a stylish bang