Hotel Previews: A sneak peak of Miami hotels to come in 2012
The Magic City is getting an infusion of new hotels in 2012. Here's a sneak peak of what's to come...
- The Lord Balfour opens its Ocean Drive doors this winter and is currently accepting reservations beginning April 1, 2012. Located in South Beach's South of Fifth neighborhood, the hotel (named after former British prime minister Arthur James Balfour) is a restored Art Deco property originally constructed in 1940. Look for an Ocean Drive veranda, a lobby bar & restaurant and 64 guest rooms outfitted with hardwood floors, rain showers, Corinelli bed linens and HDTVs.
- Scheduled to open January 19, the St Regis Bal Harbour (pictured) brings top shelf luxury to Collins Ave. Contemporary designs and modern lines pair with "sophisticated" Art Deco elements throughout the beachside property. Check into one of 243 guestrooms outfitted with kitchenettes, ocean view, balconies and marble bathrooms and enjoy St. Regis butler service, cabana rentals, a workout in the onsite gym or a massage in the Remède spa. Dining highlights include J&G Grill from Jean-Georges Vongerichten, seafood-centric Atlantico and poolside Fresco Bar & Grill.
- Debuting in April, SLS Hotel South Beach brings a touch of California to Collins Ave. The Los Angeles-based company is partnering with Philippe Starck to bring "redefined hospitality" to South Beach. Dining highlights include The Bazaar by José Andrés and Miami's first Katsuya. Prep for the party at the Starck-designed Blowout Bar then head to Hyde South Beach for an "indoor/outdoor nightlife experience."
350 Ocean Dr, Miami Beach
St Regis Bal Harbour
9703 Collins Ave, Bal Harbour
SLS Hotel South Beach
1701 Collins Ave, Miami Beach
- W South Beach woos travelers to South Beach with a Magic City package
- The Pompano Beach Marriott Resort & Spa sets July 19 open date
- The Mayfair woos lovers to Coconut Grove with summer travel packages
- The Sagamore woos teachers & locals with discounted summer rates
- JW Marriot Marquis Miami woos travelers with a couples spa package
- Stay-cay & save this summer at the Delano, Mondrian or Shore Club
- b2 miami downtown woos basketball fans with June travel deal
- Florida residents are invited to staycay & save on South Beach this summer
- Turnberry Isle woos travelers with Family Fun summer package
- Summer like a Gatsby at Fisher Island