Horacio Rivadero's The District opening in October
Pan American in Buena Vista
190 NE 46th St.
The space at 190 NE 46th St. has been through many incarnations (its first, 190, being the coolest) and in October, will transform into what will hopefully be its last--The District, a Pan American collabo between managing partner Alexander Ringleib of Casa Tua, Devito's, Balthazar, Pastis and Wolfgang's in Beverly Hills experience and Food & Wine's Best New Chef for the Gulf Region of 2012, Horacio Rivadero, who says "My dishes will reveal a cultural taste of North, South, Central America and the Caribbean, all prepared with local produce from each area, bringing to light the best of each region. I want to give back to the community and showcase the best of what Pan-America has to offer."
On that menu:
Signature dishes: Tuna Tartare and Lobster Malanga Tacos, or the Cobia, Corvina or "Vuelve a la Vida" Ceviches - which includes a combination of octopus, calamari and crab.
Around the Table: Mollejas, Panko fried sweetbread and The Boxer, a grilled cast iron pork belly.
Main Supper: Florida Gulf Swordfish, presented in a cast-iron infuser; Lamb Duo, which includes two cuts of lamb; a Prime Angus, Vermont Brie and Chipotle Mayo Burger; signature Afro-Cuban, a slow roasted marble pork shoulder.
Accompaniment: Sweet Honey Truffle Yuca Mash, a Chipotle Mayo Yellow Sweet Corn and a seasonal Okra with pickled peaches.
Desserts: Black Magic, a semi-sweet chocolate mousse with homemade marshmallows, chocolate ganache sweet potato vanilla bean drizzle over a pistachio cookie; a 4-Leches Parfait, with macadamia nuts and vanilla caramelized pineapple, homemade warm Pastelitos, with Guava and goat cheese, served with homemade walnut ice cream and an array of homemade ice creams and sorbets made from real fruits such as Lychee, Mandarin, Raspberry and Lucuma.
A Bar Bite Menu will be offered daily with especially priced beer and wine specials. Dinner from Sunday through Thursday from 5 to 11 p.m. and Friday and Saturday until midnight. Dishes range from $6 to $52. Valet and street parking will be available. Sunday Brunch to be announced at a later date.
- Top Chef Masters contestant Herb Wilson is executive chef of SoFi's forthcoming Red Ginger
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!