Horacio Rivadero's The District opening in October
Pan American in Buena Vista
190 NE 46th St.
The space at 190 NE 46th St. has been through many incarnations (its first, 190, being the coolest) and in October, will transform into what will hopefully be its last--The District, a Pan American collabo between managing partner Alexander Ringleib of Casa Tua, Devito's, Balthazar, Pastis and Wolfgang's in Beverly Hills experience and Food & Wine's Best New Chef for the Gulf Region of 2012, Horacio Rivadero, who says "My dishes will reveal a cultural taste of North, South, Central America and the Caribbean, all prepared with local produce from each area, bringing to light the best of each region. I want to give back to the community and showcase the best of what Pan-America has to offer."
On that menu:
Signature dishes: Tuna Tartare and Lobster Malanga Tacos, or the Cobia, Corvina or "Vuelve a la Vida" Ceviches - which includes a combination of octopus, calamari and crab.
Around the Table: Mollejas, Panko fried sweetbread and The Boxer, a grilled cast iron pork belly.
Main Supper: Florida Gulf Swordfish, presented in a cast-iron infuser; Lamb Duo, which includes two cuts of lamb; a Prime Angus, Vermont Brie and Chipotle Mayo Burger; signature Afro-Cuban, a slow roasted marble pork shoulder.
Accompaniment: Sweet Honey Truffle Yuca Mash, a Chipotle Mayo Yellow Sweet Corn and a seasonal Okra with pickled peaches.
Desserts: Black Magic, a semi-sweet chocolate mousse with homemade marshmallows, chocolate ganache sweet potato vanilla bean drizzle over a pistachio cookie; a 4-Leches Parfait, with macadamia nuts and vanilla caramelized pineapple, homemade warm Pastelitos, with Guava and goat cheese, served with homemade walnut ice cream and an array of homemade ice creams and sorbets made from real fruits such as Lychee, Mandarin, Raspberry and Lucuma.
A Bar Bite Menu will be offered daily with especially priced beer and wine specials. Dinner from Sunday through Thursday from 5 to 11 p.m. and Friday and Saturday until midnight. Dishes range from $6 to $52. Valet and street parking will be available. Sunday Brunch to be announced at a later date.
- R House restaurant, lounge, art space opening January in Wynwood
- Canadian chain Earls Kitchen + Bar opening Spring 2014 in Dadeland Mall
- Buns & Buns bringing the bread--meat, vegetables & seafood--to South Miami in 2014
- Say ciao to Serafina at Dream South Beach, closing at the end of December
- Former Miami chef Kerry Simon batting aggressive form of Parkinson's
- Eating House's spicy holiday greeting card goes viral
- Copperbox restaurant space in Wynwood for sale
- Chef Timon Balloo's Bocce Bar rustic Italian now open in Midtown
- The Rumor Mill: Eataly coming to Miami?
- Shake Shack Coral Gables hosts The Brooklyn Brewery Mash: Miami Edition December 9