Hooray! Trader Joe's opens on Friday
Time to rejoice
A long-awaited cult sensation is arriving in Pinecrest on Friday: Trader Joe’s is opening its first store in South Florida. Kitchy wall murals, “Two-buck Chuck” wine, and loads of other inexpensive private-label products will greet shoppers when the grocery store known for its affordable prices opens its doors at 8 a.m. “We carry everything from the exotic to the basic, at everyday low prices,” said the new store’s “captain,” Jodi McCullough.
Key to Trader Joe’s popularity – and what has led to its cultlike following — is the predominance of its own branded products. A full 80 percent of the store’s goods are made for the Trader Joe’s label and carry no artificial coloring, flavoring or preservatives, McCullough said.
If you want one of more than 3,000 “unique” products like Trader Joe’s Crunch cookie butter, 14.1 ounces for $3.69; a one-pound bag of pasta for 99 cents; Trader Joe’s tomato basil marinara sauce, 26 ounces for $1.79; or a bottle of Charles Shaw blend wines (Two-buck Chuck) for $2.99, this is your place.
“We’re not a health food store — we carry everything,” McCullough said. “But we pride ourselves on our private label products.’’
Time to shop!
Info: 9205 S. Dixie Hwy, opens at 8 a.m. on Friday.
On Our Radar
- Ivanka Trump: Welcome to my spa
- Jencarlos Canela discusses his music at Latin Billboards
- Beyonce and Jay Z look and act like a couple in Miami
- 10 ways to prepare for the Beyonce concert
- Beyonce bringing post Lemonade drama to Miami
- Lil Kim looks a lot different in Miami
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West take Miami for wedding
- Andy Cohen pays tribute to Prince in Miami at Arsht gala
- Enrique Iglesias gets frank on Facebook
- Tia Mowry in Miami: Online bullying is not OK