Hoops Sports Bar & Grill outta biz, but a big chain is rumored to be eyeing the downtown space
Canadian sports bar in prime downtown location shutters
Hoops Sports Bar & Grill at 900 Biscayne Boulevard, a prime location right across from the AAA, has closed. Apparently the Canadian-based franchise quickly went from 'eh' to 'meh' and just couldn't cut it. As for who will take over the sprawling, 7,000 square foot space is anyone's guess, though we did hear some murmurs that a big chain along the lines of, say, an Applebee's/Chili's/Ruby Tuesday's has their eyes on it.
- 5 last-minute Mother's Day brunches in Miami
- A night of dishing on Miami's culinary scene at Wynwood Yard
- Extra Ordinary: Vandy Vanderwarker of Charleston's The Ordinary shucking up at Mignonette in May
- Blue Collar restaurant hosting 2016 Matzo Chase - a scavenger hunt in Miami
- Richard Hales opening Bird & Bone Hot Chicken & Ribs at The Wynwood Yard
- Now Closed: The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Coming Soon to Mary Brickell Village: "Another Landry's concept"
- Norwegian DJ Kygo's just desserts at Komodo
- Top Chef Paul Qui of Faena Hotel's heralded Pao arrested for alleged drug-fueled assault on girlfriend
- Bachour Bakery + Bistro opening March 25 on Brickell
- High end Kaori by Walter Martino opening in Brickell area February 23