Hoops Sports Bar & Grill outta biz, but a big chain is rumored to be eyeing the downtown space
Canadian sports bar in prime downtown location shutters
Hoops Sports Bar & Grill at 900 Biscayne Boulevard, a prime location right across from the AAA, has closed. Apparently the Canadian-based franchise quickly went from 'eh' to 'meh' and just couldn't cut it. As for who will take over the sprawling, 7,000 square foot space is anyone's guess, though we did hear some murmurs that a big chain along the lines of, say, an Applebee's/Chili's/Ruby Tuesday's has their eyes on it.
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.