Holy zebra print, Batman! Cavalli Miami Restaurant & Lounge is now open
Fashion designer delves into the cuisine scene
Fashion designer Roberto Cavalli is now a South Beach restaurateur. Although he recently expressed his distaste for the way American women dress, when it comes to tastebuds, if you're willing to spend $50 for a veal chop, it doesn't matter if you're a female impersonator wearing Wet Seal or, worse yet, anyone wearing Cavalli's nemesis Michael Kors. But the 2-story Cavalli Miami Restuarant & Lounge, officially open for biz, is more than an empty dress adorned in "wallpaper and accessories from the Roberto Cavalli Home Collection," and serving wines from the Cavalli family vineyard. Just ask Karim Masri and Nicola Siervo of KNR Hospitality Group (The Dutch, Quattro, Wall), whose expertise Cavalli enlisted to help run the place like a restaurant and not a trunk show.
Executive Chef Stefano Mazzi's menu isTuscan traditional with "new-style dishes." Among those:
Mediterranean octopus carpaccio with Pantelleria capers and Tuscan oil ($17);
new style rolled yellow fin tuna with ginger and micro bio greens ($22);
Tuscan Chianina beef tartare with quail egg, light mustard and truffle salt ($25);
Caserta burrata with organic Campari tomatoes ($17).
Lobster consommé with caviar and house-made crème fraiche ($24)
Chestnut pappardelle with white veal ragu, mascarpone cheese and baby artichokes ($22)
Tuscan wild boar ravioli with white truffle zabaglione ($26)
Risotto Portofino with light curry and grilled Sicilian prawns ($28)
Gnocchi – featuring Roberto Cavalli’s own recipe with royal jumbo lump crab ($27).
Lamb Ossobuco with traditional “risotto alla milanese” and saffron risotto ($38)
48-day aged classic, 22-oz Florentine steak ($55)
Authentic roasted Valdostana veal chop with prosciutto crudo di parma, Fontina cheese in a white wine rosemary sauce ($50)
Baked herb-crusted Chilean sea bass with artichokes and cherry tomatoes tossed with a vinaigrette ($40).
Chocolate bomoboloni with nutella cream and raspberry marmalade ($12)
Coconut panna cotta with mango fresco, passion fruit sorbet ($10)
Almond semifreddo made with sweet & sour strawberry and basil granita ($10)
Daily selections of house-made gelato ($8)
- From 1826 to 50 Eggs: Danny Grant to helm 'two new concepts' for John Kunkel's growing culinary empire
- Exclusive! Top Chef Masters' Patricia Yeo is Khong River House's new executive chef
- Japanese speakeasy BLK Orchid opening at Townhouse Hotel Oct. 17
- Coyo Taco Wynwood opening mid November
- Kris Wessel's A.I.R. near Lincoln Road closing after less than 2 months
- Miami Smokers opening retail shop & deli in Little Havana
- Chef Jeremiah's swinesational P.I.G. 5 lineup announced!
- Tickets now on sale for LUCKYRICE Festival's 5th Anniversary by Bombay Sapphire East and hosted by Masaharu Morimoto
- The Rumor Mill: Brad Kilgore leaving J&G Grill? Danny Grant out at 1826? Taperia Raca & more
- Giorgio Rapicavoli’s Taperia Raca sold, closed