Holy zebra print, Batman! Cavalli Miami Restaurant & Lounge is now open
Fashion designer delves into the cuisine scene
Fashion designer Roberto Cavalli is now a South Beach restaurateur. Although he recently expressed his distaste for the way American women dress, when it comes to tastebuds, if you're willing to spend $50 for a veal chop, it doesn't matter if you're a female impersonator wearing Wet Seal or, worse yet, anyone wearing Cavalli's nemesis Michael Kors. But the 2-story Cavalli Miami Restuarant & Lounge, officially open for biz, is more than an empty dress adorned in "wallpaper and accessories from the Roberto Cavalli Home Collection," and serving wines from the Cavalli family vineyard. Just ask Karim Masri and Nicola Siervo of KNR Hospitality Group (The Dutch, Quattro, Wall), whose expertise Cavalli enlisted to help run the place like a restaurant and not a trunk show.
Executive Chef Stefano Mazzi's menu isTuscan traditional with "new-style dishes." Among those:
Mediterranean octopus carpaccio with Pantelleria capers and Tuscan oil ($17);
new style rolled yellow fin tuna with ginger and micro bio greens ($22);
Tuscan Chianina beef tartare with quail egg, light mustard and truffle salt ($25);
Caserta burrata with organic Campari tomatoes ($17).
Lobster consommé with caviar and house-made crème fraiche ($24)
Chestnut pappardelle with white veal ragu, mascarpone cheese and baby artichokes ($22)
Tuscan wild boar ravioli with white truffle zabaglione ($26)
Risotto Portofino with light curry and grilled Sicilian prawns ($28)
Gnocchi – featuring Roberto Cavalli’s own recipe with royal jumbo lump crab ($27).
Lamb Ossobuco with traditional “risotto alla milanese” and saffron risotto ($38)
48-day aged classic, 22-oz Florentine steak ($55)
Authentic roasted Valdostana veal chop with prosciutto crudo di parma, Fontina cheese in a white wine rosemary sauce ($50)
Baked herb-crusted Chilean sea bass with artichokes and cherry tomatoes tossed with a vinaigrette ($40).
Chocolate bomoboloni with nutella cream and raspberry marmalade ($12)
Coconut panna cotta with mango fresco, passion fruit sorbet ($10)
Almond semifreddo made with sweet & sour strawberry and basil granita ($10)
Daily selections of house-made gelato ($8)
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton
- New taco shop to open Dec. 29 in Miami Beach
- STK Miami opening delayed after sprinkler accident causes extensive damage