Holy zebra print, Batman! Cavalli Miami Restaurant & Lounge is now open
Fashion designer delves into the cuisine scene
Fashion designer Roberto Cavalli is now a South Beach restaurateur. Although he recently expressed his distaste for the way American women dress, when it comes to tastebuds, if you're willing to spend $50 for a veal chop, it doesn't matter if you're a female impersonator wearing Wet Seal or, worse yet, anyone wearing Cavalli's nemesis Michael Kors. But the 2-story Cavalli Miami Restuarant & Lounge, officially open for biz, is more than an empty dress adorned in "wallpaper and accessories from the Roberto Cavalli Home Collection," and serving wines from the Cavalli family vineyard. Just ask Karim Masri and Nicola Siervo of KNR Hospitality Group (The Dutch, Quattro, Wall), whose expertise Cavalli enlisted to help run the place like a restaurant and not a trunk show.
Executive Chef Stefano Mazzi's menu isTuscan traditional with "new-style dishes." Among those:
Mediterranean octopus carpaccio with Pantelleria capers and Tuscan oil ($17);
new style rolled yellow fin tuna with ginger and micro bio greens ($22);
Tuscan Chianina beef tartare with quail egg, light mustard and truffle salt ($25);
Caserta burrata with organic Campari tomatoes ($17).
Lobster consommé with caviar and house-made crème fraiche ($24)
Chestnut pappardelle with white veal ragu, mascarpone cheese and baby artichokes ($22)
Tuscan wild boar ravioli with white truffle zabaglione ($26)
Risotto Portofino with light curry and grilled Sicilian prawns ($28)
Gnocchi – featuring Roberto Cavalli’s own recipe with royal jumbo lump crab ($27).
Lamb Ossobuco with traditional “risotto alla milanese” and saffron risotto ($38)
48-day aged classic, 22-oz Florentine steak ($55)
Authentic roasted Valdostana veal chop with prosciutto crudo di parma, Fontina cheese in a white wine rosemary sauce ($50)
Baked herb-crusted Chilean sea bass with artichokes and cherry tomatoes tossed with a vinaigrette ($40).
Chocolate bomoboloni with nutella cream and raspberry marmalade ($12)
Coconut panna cotta with mango fresco, passion fruit sorbet ($10)
Almond semifreddo made with sweet & sour strawberry and basil granita ($10)
Daily selections of house-made gelato ($8)
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell
- Dinner Lab hosts Miami meal with gin pairings on Aug. 25
- Miami restaurateur Michael Schwartz faces federal lawsuit alleging employee mistreatment
- Wynwood Diner opens this weekend in Miami
- The District, Moye restaurants close in Miami
- Golden Fig opening to the public July 27
- Hallandale Beach's Hyde Beach Kitchen+Cocktails opening September 1
- Chef Allen Susser delivers a sustainable seafood dinner
- Wapo Taco! opening Coral Gables location Friday July 10 with free tacos & beer
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space