Hollywood Across America
Learn how to make it in Hollywood at this seminar run by Tinseltown insiders.
South Floridians who think they have star quality can get tips from industry insiders this weekend at Hollywood Across America, a hands-on workshop and showcase led by entertainment industry veterans. Local actors, models and other aspiring talent interested in learning from some of Hollywood’s top industry professionals will enjoy a weekend full of seminars, coaching and performances at Miami Beach’s Sea View Hotel.
The two-day event features Hollywood’s most acclaimed casting directors and agents who will observe, advise and guide local aspiring talent.
Participants can meet with casting directors Janet Hirschenson (Angels & Demons, Transformers, Frost/Nixon, Harry Potter & The Sorcerer’s Stone, The Da Vinci Code, Cinderella Man, A Beautiful Mind), Lisa Beach (Wedding Crashers, 17 Again, Hannah Montana The Movie, V), Jason La Padura (The Event, Heroes, High School Musical 1, 2 & 3) and many more. South Florida will be represented by Sherry Faith (Producer of Hollywood Across America South Florida. Award Winning Acting Coach), casting director Ellen Jacoby (Burn Notice, Old Dogs, Dreamgirls) and Peter Robles, Head of Talent for Latin World Entertainment.
The two-day event will be held at the Sea View Hotel (9909 Collins Ave. Miami Beach) October 2 – 3 from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. each day. Tickets cost is $445 (payment plans are available). Talent ages: 6 and up. To purchase tickets or for more information, please go to www.hollywoodacrossamerica.com or call producer Sherry Faith at 305-899-2288 and/or 561-239-5445.
See and Do
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Mar. 7-9
- Calle Ocho: 5 Things we are excited about this year
- Daddy Yankee reigns as the King of Calle Ocho
- World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship brings golf and more to Doral
- Fair freebies, 110 years of Dr Seuss, Lego builds & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 28-Mar. 2
- Carnaval on the Mile kicks off a busy month in Miami
- Whoopi Goldberg heads to the Arsht Center for a night of laughs