Hollywood Across America
Learn how to make it in Hollywood at this seminar run by Tinseltown insiders.
South Floridians who think they have star quality can get tips from industry insiders this weekend at Hollywood Across America, a hands-on workshop and showcase led by entertainment industry veterans. Local actors, models and other aspiring talent interested in learning from some of Hollywood’s top industry professionals will enjoy a weekend full of seminars, coaching and performances at Miami Beach’s Sea View Hotel.
The two-day event features Hollywood’s most acclaimed casting directors and agents who will observe, advise and guide local aspiring talent.
Participants can meet with casting directors Janet Hirschenson (Angels & Demons, Transformers, Frost/Nixon, Harry Potter & The Sorcerer’s Stone, The Da Vinci Code, Cinderella Man, A Beautiful Mind), Lisa Beach (Wedding Crashers, 17 Again, Hannah Montana The Movie, V), Jason La Padura (The Event, Heroes, High School Musical 1, 2 & 3) and many more. South Florida will be represented by Sherry Faith (Producer of Hollywood Across America South Florida. Award Winning Acting Coach), casting director Ellen Jacoby (Burn Notice, Old Dogs, Dreamgirls) and Peter Robles, Head of Talent for Latin World Entertainment.
The two-day event will be held at the Sea View Hotel (9909 Collins Ave. Miami Beach) October 2 – 3 from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. each day. Tickets cost is $445 (payment plans are available). Talent ages: 6 and up. To purchase tickets or for more information, please go to www.hollywoodacrossamerica.com or call producer Sherry Faith at 305-899-2288 and/or 561-239-5445.
See and Do
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off
- Give Miami Day, Nov. 19, is a chance to support Miami charities
- 15 things to do with the kids this week: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 13-15