Hollywood Across America
Learn how to make it in Hollywood at this seminar run by Tinseltown insiders.
South Floridians who think they have star quality can get tips from industry insiders this weekend at Hollywood Across America, a hands-on workshop and showcase led by entertainment industry veterans. Local actors, models and other aspiring talent interested in learning from some of Hollywood’s top industry professionals will enjoy a weekend full of seminars, coaching and performances at Miami Beach’s Sea View Hotel.
The two-day event features Hollywood’s most acclaimed casting directors and agents who will observe, advise and guide local aspiring talent.
Participants can meet with casting directors Janet Hirschenson (Angels & Demons, Transformers, Frost/Nixon, Harry Potter & The Sorcerer’s Stone, The Da Vinci Code, Cinderella Man, A Beautiful Mind), Lisa Beach (Wedding Crashers, 17 Again, Hannah Montana The Movie, V), Jason La Padura (The Event, Heroes, High School Musical 1, 2 & 3) and many more. South Florida will be represented by Sherry Faith (Producer of Hollywood Across America South Florida. Award Winning Acting Coach), casting director Ellen Jacoby (Burn Notice, Old Dogs, Dreamgirls) and Peter Robles, Head of Talent for Latin World Entertainment.
The two-day event will be held at the Sea View Hotel (9909 Collins Ave. Miami Beach) October 2 – 3 from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. each day. Tickets cost is $445 (payment plans are available). Talent ages: 6 and up. To purchase tickets or for more information, please go to www.hollywoodacrossamerica.com or call producer Sherry Faith at 305-899-2288 and/or 561-239-5445.
See and Do
- Discover Miami's Little Haiti neighbhorhood
- He was told as a boy he'd have to go to a deaf school—but he grew up to help make the music to Hamilton
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival takes over the streets of City Beautiful
- 5 reasons you should check out the Mammography Art Initiative in Wynwood this weekend
- 7 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23
- Miami's cultural itinerary courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Oct. 16-31
- Find your happy place at the Modern Life Mindfulness Festival
- Grovetoberfest Celebrates Six Years of Craft Beer
- Can this Miami political roast Make America Laugh Again? Let's hope so