There's plenty of nut cracking' going on this week.
What would the holiday season be without The Nutcracker? South Florida has no shortages of productions to choose from. Here's what up this week:
Ballet Etudes Company
Ballet Etudes Company presents The Nutcracker featuring lavish sets and scenery, colorful costuming, exquisite lighting, superb choreography, and delightful theatrical effects under the direction of Artistic Director Susana Prieto.
Dec. 17 at 8 p.m., Dec 18 at 3 p.m. and 8 p.m., Dec. 19 at 3 p.m. Miramar Cultural Center, 2400 Civic Center Pl., Miramar; 954-602-4500. $25-$75.
Arts Ballet Theater of Florida
Vladimir Isaav directs the Arts Ballet Theater of Florida in their production of The Nutcracker.
Dec. 17 at 10:30 a.m., Dec. 18 at 7 p.m., Dec. 19 at 3 p.m. Parker Playhouse, 707 NE Eigth St., Fort Lauderdale; 954-763-2444. $11.50-$36.50.
Miami City Ballet
Miami-Dade residents can see the Miami City Ballet's production of The Nutcracker at the Arsht Center.
Dec. 17-23 at 7:30 p.m., Saturdays and Sunday at 2 p.m. Adrienne Arsht Center, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-949-6722. Tickets $19.75-$65.
Kirova Ballet of Florida
Miami Beach residents can enjoy The Nutcracker with the Kirova Ballet of Florida
Dec. 18-19 at 2 p.m., Saturday night show starts at 7 p.m. $17-$73. The Fillmore Miami Beach at Jackie Gleason Theater, 1700 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-673-7300.
See and Do
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight
- 'Peppa Pig’ makes a splash with live shows in South Florida
- Shakespeare Miami presents its Shakespeare in the Park series
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Zoetic Stage’s ‘Stripped’ comes to colorful life at the Arsht Center
- Top 10 theater events in South Florida for 2015-16
- Top 10 dance events in South Florida for 2015-16
- Mad Cat’s ‘Lazy Fair’ at Miami Theater Center reunites partners in crime
- Nilo Cruz offers a Spanish-language production of his play ‘Beauty of the Father'