There's plenty of nut cracking' going on this week.
What would the holiday season be without The Nutcracker? South Florida has no shortages of productions to choose from. Here's what up this week:
Ballet Etudes Company
Ballet Etudes Company presents The Nutcracker featuring lavish sets and scenery, colorful costuming, exquisite lighting, superb choreography, and delightful theatrical effects under the direction of Artistic Director Susana Prieto.
Dec. 17 at 8 p.m., Dec 18 at 3 p.m. and 8 p.m., Dec. 19 at 3 p.m. Miramar Cultural Center, 2400 Civic Center Pl., Miramar; 954-602-4500. $25-$75.
Arts Ballet Theater of Florida
Vladimir Isaav directs the Arts Ballet Theater of Florida in their production of The Nutcracker.
Dec. 17 at 10:30 a.m., Dec. 18 at 7 p.m., Dec. 19 at 3 p.m. Parker Playhouse, 707 NE Eigth St., Fort Lauderdale; 954-763-2444. $11.50-$36.50.
Miami City Ballet
Miami-Dade residents can see the Miami City Ballet's production of The Nutcracker at the Arsht Center.
Dec. 17-23 at 7:30 p.m., Saturdays and Sunday at 2 p.m. Adrienne Arsht Center, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-949-6722. Tickets $19.75-$65.
Kirova Ballet of Florida
Miami Beach residents can enjoy The Nutcracker with the Kirova Ballet of Florida
Dec. 18-19 at 2 p.m., Saturday night show starts at 7 p.m. $17-$73. The Fillmore Miami Beach at Jackie Gleason Theater, 1700 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-673-7300.
See and Do
- ‘Book of Liz’ brings Sedaris humor to Fort Lauderdale’s Vanguard
- MicroTheater Miami’s first festival is $5 a show
- Slow Burn shows off a musical green thumb with ‘Little Shop of Horrors’
- Summer Shorts turns 20 with 9 plays and its most diverse company yet
- ‘Newsies’ brings its dancing David and Goliath story to the Arsht
- ‘Book of Mormon’ walks its fine line, this time at the Arsht Center
- Broward presents a revamped 'Phantom of the Opera'
- Alliance Theatre Lab’s 'The Originals' presents solo shows
- FUNDarte’s ‘Writing in Sand’ looks at Miami’s migrant women
- Hard times hit the American Dream in Zoetic Stage’s ‘Detroit’