Jet Set: 3 Excellent Escapes Only an Hour From Miami
Beautiful getaways in Boca Raton, Sarasota and the Bahamas' Out Islands offer a variety of options for every traveler
If you're ready to jet off on your first trip of 2014, consider one of these three easy getaways that only require about an hour of travel time from Miami. Whether it's a family friendly vacation with a pink ice skating rink, a romantic retreat aboard a private jet or a destination to disconnect amidst pale blue waters in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, there's something for every type of traveler here.
Boca Raton Resort & Club
The iconic pink cloisters of the historic Boca Raton Resort & Club have been a symbol of Spanish Mediterranean Revival architecture and South Florida luxury since 1926. Located on 356 sprawling acres with over 1,000 guest rooms spread across the Resort overlooking the intracoastal, the Bungalows on the golf course and Beach Club with views of the Atlantic, it’s a true getaway for Miamians looking to escape the scene in exchange for, well, another scene.
This holiday season, they’ve unveiled the Pink Rink, an ice-skating rink reflecting the aesthetic of the resort’s defining feature, its pink stucco façade. Perfect for families with young kids or those who are just kids at heart, the 85’ x 45’ rink will be on the property for guests to glide around until Presidents Day, February 17, 2014.
Another new addition is the resort’s onsite Surf School with Costa del Este Water Sports. Available to surfers of all ages, learn to ride the waves like a pro with private lessons, clinics and small group sessions. Surf's up whenever conditions are favorable!
A haven for leisure activities, the resort also boasts two 18-hole championship golf courses, 30 tennis courts, the 50,000 square-foot Forbes Four Star Spa Palazzo, seven pools and a 32-slip marina.
The dining and nightlife options are just as plentiful with over a dozen restaurants and bars on property, including the lively Palm Court.
With all of these amenities, The Boca Raton Resort & Club is a perfect family getaway. For more information and to book a reservation, click here or call 1-888-495-BOCA.
The Resort at Longboat Key Club
If you prefer to jet set like a true VIP, take advantage of The Resort at Longboat Key Club’s brand new Jet Away For The Day package. Located just a few minutes west of Sarasota, the resort invites you to charter a jet from any private airport in the state of Florida to spend a day unwinding on their 410-acre property.
The travel time from Miami with Aura Jets clocks in at right under an hour for this ultra-VIP experience. The eight passenger light jet has an average cruising speed of 400 to 560 mph with an average non-stop range of 1,500 miles. Upon landing at Rectrix Aerodrome Airport in Sarasota, a black Escalade awaits you on the tarmac to whisk you away to the 220-room resort where you’ll enjoy a suite for the day with a bottle of Champagne to greet you.
Take advantage of 45 holes of golf, private lessons on one of 20 Har-Tru tennis courts or relax with a spa treatment at the 9,000 square-foot Island House Spa. Perfect for a surprise romantic getaway, a corporate incentive, or a bachelor or bachelorette party, see how they live on the other side of Florida with the Gulf of Mexico as your backdrop. The resort also boasts a 291-slip marina, seven restaurants and onsite water sports, like standup paddleboarding and Hobie cats.
Enjoy a day at Longboat Key in extreme relaxation. Before you know it you’ll be back aboard your private jet, flying in style to sleep at home in your own bed—all in a day’s work for a true jet setter.
The “Jet Away for the Day” package includes:
- Private same day jet transportation for up to 8 people to/from any Florida airport to Sarasota
- Longboat limousine service to and from the Rectrix Aerodrome airport
- Luxurious room accommodations for the day at The Resort at Longboat Key Club
- Personal consultation with the resort concierge
- Champagne in room upon arrival
- Couples Spa Ritual or two spa treatments of choice at the Island House Spa
- Complimentary plush robes (two)
- Private lunch or dinner for two on the beach or in-suite
- Rates start at $8,500
- To book the “Jet Away for the Day” package call Aura Jets at 888-908-0391.
- For more information on The Resort at Longboat Key Club, click here or call 800-237-8821
Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina
For a more remote—yet just as quick—getaway, take off to the Bahamas’ Out Islands and the Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina. Family owned and operated since 1955, you’ll feel like you're apart of the family on this 40-acre oceanfront property.
Known as the boating capital of the Bahamas, this remote chain of islands on the Sea of Abaco is for those who truly want to get away from it all.
At 165 miles off the coast of South Florida, Marsh Harbour Airport is just a 50-minute flight from MIA, and the resort is a quick five-minute transfer from there. With 89 guest rooms, private residences and a 198-slip marina, the resort offers boat rentals so you can spend your days island hopping on the crystal clear sea.
Be sure to visit Hopetown and Tahiti Beach on Elbow Cay, grab a lunch of marinated conch and Goombay Smashes at Cracker P.’s on Lubbers Quarters and don’t miss the chance to let loose at Nipper’s Bar & Grill on Great Guana Cay.
Abaco Beach Resort is offering special packages and pricing for both Christmas and New Years. On top of that, children under age 12 stay and eat for free.
The “Christmas Holiday” package includes:
The "New Year’s Holiday" package includes:
For additional information or reservations, please click here or call 800-533-4799.
- Circa 39 Hosts Vino & Vinyasa Friday Yoga Happy Hour
- Fontainebleau Celebrates Frank Sinatra's Centennial Birthday in Style
- Summer Fun 2015: A guide to what’s new at Disney World this summer
- Inside the new Hyatt Centric South Beach Miami
- AC Miami Beach Hotel opens with European-inspired hospitality
- Mark Your Calendar For June 21 & 22: CyberSummer Offers Deep Discounts on Travel
- Sizzling Summer Savings at Miami Hotels & Beyond
- Inside The New York EDITION & other new New York City attractions
- Locally Led Yoga Retreats Head to Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Tulum this Summer
- The Raleigh Launches Summer Pool Passes