Miami's local attractions have plenty of entertainment for the kids during the holidays.
Miami's favorite attractions have plenty of shows and activities to keep the kids out of your hair during winter break. Send them off with dad so you can finish wrapping presents.
Jungle Island presents HumAnimals, an interactive production that fuses the human and animal worlds with stilt walkers, dancers, contortionists, and acrobatic performances. The fun starts Dec. 18 and runs through January 2, with 2-3 shows daily and guest interactions throughout the day. During Winter Wonder Island, guests can enjoy the HumAnimals experience included with the price of admission.
Jungle Island, 1111 Parrot Jungle Trail, Miami; 305-400-7000. For additional information, please visit www.jungleisland.com/snow. Adults (Ages 11-64) $32.95 plus tax, Seniors (Ages 65+) $30.95 plus tax, Children (Ages 3-10) $24.95 plus tax, Children (Ages 0-2) Free. Everyone who purchases a general admission ticket during Winter Wonder Island, Jungle Island will offer them a FREE Annual Passport to come back and enjoy the park for a full year.
Miami Seaquarium transforms into a Winter Wonderland for its annual Winter Nights & Lights Celebration from Dec. 18-30. Light up the holidays with colorfully illuminated sculptures of fish, flamingos, dolphins, seals and other marine life. Romp through the snowfall and enjoy holiday-themed shows like “Flipper & the Nutcracker” and “Salty Saves the Holidays.” Also enjoy Top Deck’s Holiday Cruise, a seasonal classic.
Miami Seaquarium, 4400 Rickenbacker Cswy, Key Biscayne; 305-361-5705. $37.95 general admission, $27.95 children 3 to 9.
The zoo’s glorious grounds light up for 12 brilliant nights during Zoo Lights, December 17 – 30 (excluding December 24 and 25) from 7 – 10 p.m. (ticket booths close at 9:30 p.m.). Guests can enjoy dozens of bright animal-shaped lights, while sipping hot chocolate, munching on delicious cookies, and listening to wonderful holiday music. Included with admission is a pair of 3D glasses, which will make the Zoo Lights experience even more engaging and amusing.
Zoo Miami, 12400 Southwest 152nd St., Miami; 305-251-0400. General admission is $8.95 plus tax per adult and $6.95 plus tax per child. Zoo members are $7.95 plus tax per adult and $5.95 plus tax per child.
See and Do
- 7 things to do with your kids in the Florida Keys
- 2016 Great Park Summit showcases strategies for parks in Miami-Dade on Friday
- Hands-on event for kids and parents in Miami’s Design District on Sunday, April 17
- 7 Fun Things To Do During Spring Break for Teens (and Adults of Any Age)
- Eight options for a date night in Miami with no time to waste
- Columbus Day Regatta enters 60th year on Biscayne Bay
- Free admission to Jungle Island for South Florida kids through September
- South Florida Farmers Market Guide
- Summer Fun: A guide to outdoor sporting options in Miami this summer
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - March 28-30