From Hispanic music to Italian fashion, your night out is rich in flavors
Live music, live fashion and plenty to drink
The Stage celebrates Hispanic Heritage month at 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 5 with a double bill of Cuban Son band Conjunto Progreso and Latin funk/fusion band Electric Piquete, both performing a playlist of original and tribute songs. There will also be a DJ set of music by selected artists from both groups in between performances. Bacardi is free from 10 p.m. until 11 p.m. and Cuervo margaritas are $6 *(and food from the Frita Man food truck will be available for purchase. Admission is $7 in advance or $10 at the door. Click here for more info.
While Miami is no stranger to Italian restaurants, there's nothing like Toscana Divino's first ever Wine & Fashion Florence Week, taking place from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. daily from Oct. 8-12 at Mary Brickell Village and featuring Aperitivo Italiano social hours, chef's tasting dinner, informal fashion shows and art.
Brickell Goes Bavarian
With a few hundred Irish bars in a few short city blocks, Brickell has earned its rep as Miami's Little Dublin, but for a few days in October, it's pure Bavaria as The Brickell Irish Pub's two-day Oktoberfest block party kicking off at 5 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 5 and continuing until 2 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 7. We think there may be time to sleep in between the three live music stages, two outdoor beer gardens, all day beer pong at Brickell Irish Pub, all sorts of spirits and snacks from neighboring spots like Segafredo and free SX Liquors and Tequila bar from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, but then again, maybe not.
Arty for the Party
Although he lost the Best Break-Through DJ award at the 2011 International Dance Music Awards to the more ubiquitous Afrojack, 23-year-old Russian trance DJ slash producer Arty is a hot ticket, one that will be available at 11 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 6 when he spins at Mansion alongside Laurent Simeca. Tickets are $30 and available here.
- National Martini Day, Nag Champayons at Bardot, Sappho does SoBe plus Sugar Factory & Libertine open
- Jazid celebrates 19 years, get literary with Judy Blume, Hyde Beach blacks out, PARK at LILT
- Bodega, Brandt's Break, Baboons and Audrina Patridge bring on the scene
- An art heist, karaoke night, night swimming, Space Jamming & World Red Eye's big 05
- Summer in the city: DBGB, boozy fundraisers and bikini contests
- Sommelier Slam, Thea's Supper Club, Tito Puente, Jr. and YoungArts paints the town
- Nahko and Medicine for the People at Grand Central, Dance Band Night, Electric Piquete & Buck 15 Redux
- Fight nights, Derby days, comedy & Cinco de Mayo
- Oculto Manor takes over Soho, sunset cocktails at Seaspice, O, Miami circa 1981 & assorted earthiness
- Rum Running on South Beach, Galaxy Gala, and Philanthropic Eating, lots of it