From Hispanic music to Italian fashion, your night out is rich in flavors
Live music, live fashion and plenty to drink
The Stage celebrates Hispanic Heritage month at 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 5 with a double bill of Cuban Son band Conjunto Progreso and Latin funk/fusion band Electric Piquete, both performing a playlist of original and tribute songs. There will also be a DJ set of music by selected artists from both groups in between performances. Bacardi is free from 10 p.m. until 11 p.m. and Cuervo margaritas are $6 *(and food from the Frita Man food truck will be available for purchase. Admission is $7 in advance or $10 at the door. Click here for more info.
While Miami is no stranger to Italian restaurants, there's nothing like Toscana Divino's first ever Wine & Fashion Florence Week, taking place from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. daily from Oct. 8-12 at Mary Brickell Village and featuring Aperitivo Italiano social hours, chef's tasting dinner, informal fashion shows and art.
Brickell Goes Bavarian
With a few hundred Irish bars in a few short city blocks, Brickell has earned its rep as Miami's Little Dublin, but for a few days in October, it's pure Bavaria as The Brickell Irish Pub's two-day Oktoberfest block party kicking off at 5 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 5 and continuing until 2 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 7. We think there may be time to sleep in between the three live music stages, two outdoor beer gardens, all day beer pong at Brickell Irish Pub, all sorts of spirits and snacks from neighboring spots like Segafredo and free SX Liquors and Tequila bar from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, but then again, maybe not.
Arty for the Party
Although he lost the Best Break-Through DJ award at the 2011 International Dance Music Awards to the more ubiquitous Afrojack, 23-year-old Russian trance DJ slash producer Arty is a hot ticket, one that will be available at 11 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 6 when he spins at Mansion alongside Laurent Simeca. Tickets are $30 and available here.
- Sake, beer, oysters and Basel, Art Basel
- Rok'n burgers on 73rd St., rockin' authors hit Rock Bottom at Arsht, Dom at The Dutch & Sweet Liberty's sweet deal
- LUCKYRICE at the Raleigh, PIG in Wynwood, a pre-Pride Soiree & showboating on Fisher Island with the Pointer Sisters
- New lounges, poolside rap parties, free concerts, food fetes & dinner with Uncle Luke
- Spooky, boozy, cool: Halloween week in Miami and beyond
- Scary movies, Hitchcocking, Miami bassing & spooky mansion parties
- Miami's booze & boogie scene heats up with a new club & more reasons to eat, drink & be merry
- Touchdowns (you hope), tequila, cheese, pre-game parties and boozing in the Grove
- Cabarets, supper clubs, oysters, bubbles, beer gardens, yoga & house music all night long
- Charity cocktailing, tricking out, clam baking, jet setting, swining and dining, and salsa dancing