From Hispanic music to Italian fashion, your night out is rich in flavors
Live music, live fashion and plenty to drink
The Stage celebrates Hispanic Heritage month at 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 5 with a double bill of Cuban Son band Conjunto Progreso and Latin funk/fusion band Electric Piquete, both performing a playlist of original and tribute songs. There will also be a DJ set of music by selected artists from both groups in between performances. Bacardi is free from 10 p.m. until 11 p.m. and Cuervo margaritas are $6 *(and food from the Frita Man food truck will be available for purchase. Admission is $7 in advance or $10 at the door. Click here for more info.
While Miami is no stranger to Italian restaurants, there's nothing like Toscana Divino's first ever Wine & Fashion Florence Week, taking place from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. daily from Oct. 8-12 at Mary Brickell Village and featuring Aperitivo Italiano social hours, chef's tasting dinner, informal fashion shows and art.
Brickell Goes Bavarian
With a few hundred Irish bars in a few short city blocks, Brickell has earned its rep as Miami's Little Dublin, but for a few days in October, it's pure Bavaria as The Brickell Irish Pub's two-day Oktoberfest block party kicking off at 5 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 5 and continuing until 2 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 7. We think there may be time to sleep in between the three live music stages, two outdoor beer gardens, all day beer pong at Brickell Irish Pub, all sorts of spirits and snacks from neighboring spots like Segafredo and free SX Liquors and Tequila bar from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, but then again, maybe not.
Arty for the Party
Although he lost the Best Break-Through DJ award at the 2011 International Dance Music Awards to the more ubiquitous Afrojack, 23-year-old Russian trance DJ slash producer Arty is a hot ticket, one that will be available at 11 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 6 when he spins at Mansion alongside Laurent Simeca. Tickets are $30 and available here.
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- Velvet Underground: Gratis Champagne at Duffy's in North Miami Beach, Adoré Nightclub brings Vegas to South Beach, and yoga to soothe an over-partied soul at The Standard
- Velvet Underground: Pablo Picasso's grandson spins at Bâoli for WMC, Perfecto Gastrobar throws a party for Spanish dignitaries, hipsters converge at Lulu Laboratorium in Wynwood, and escape the EDM at The Cabaret
- Velvet Underground: Miami's Latin-funk pioneers perform at Tobacco Road for 20th anniversary, E11even in downtown Miami hosts happy hour, find your way into the hottest WMC parties, and Swine celebrates one year with a $2 Old Fashioned
- Velvet Underground: Floral couture with Kalla Flowers in Coral Gables, Hearts and Stars Gala at Terra Veritatis mansion, Cuban zeitgeist, and free Guinness at the Delano on St. Patty's Day
- Velvet Underground: The World Golf Championships hits Doral, MO Bar + Lounge opens at the Mandarin Oriental with cocktails by Angelo Vieira, OTC's Jacob Anaya cooks up a feast with Wynwood Brewing Co., and the Oscars of drag at Score
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Velvet Underground: The Dead Rabbit pops up at Patpong Road, The Stage launches 3-2-1 Lounge, Chippendales extends its visit, and Eats N Beats in the Design District
- Velvet Underground: Valentine's Day parties takeover nightlife at Baoli, the W Fort Lauderdale, Tobacco Road, the Delano, and more
- Velvet Underground: Pirate parties at Patpong Road, Palette Miami Festival in the Upper Eastside, and a benefit for DJ Mark Leventhal at FDR at Delano