Hip Hop Symphony, featuring Miami HEAT DJ Irie
Saturday night's all right for listening. Celebrating the New World Symphony’s 25th Anniversary, the Friends of New World Symphony presents a “Passport to Musical Journey for a New Generation,” kicking off another season with a “Hip Hop Symphony, featuring Miami HEAT DJ Irie and Opus Love.
VIP members will start the evening at the Frank Gehry designed New World Center with renowned guitarist, Manuel Barrueco and conductor, Michael Francis as the orchestra debuts the world premiere of “a dance into reflected daylight” by Jeffery Mumford and plays Concierto de Aranjuez.
Guests are then invited to the Symphony After Hours Party where Miami’s favorite celebrity DJ Irie and Opus Love Quintet play in tandem poolside at Shore club as guests sip on cocktails courtesy of GREY GOOSE Vodka. MIAMI Magazine, celebrating their 5th Anniversary, will also be part of the festivities.$40.
When: Dance Into Daylight Pre-Season Concert: Saturday, September 22 7:30 PM “Hip Hop Symphony” – 9:30 PM – 12:00 AM
Where: New World Center – 500 17th street Miami Beach followed by Shore Club Miami – 1901 Collins Ave. Miami Beach; 305 673 3331,
On Our Radar
- Ben & Jerry’s Free Ice Cream Tasting
- Tax day cometh! Flo Rida pays his bill
- Joanna Krupa puts apartment up for sale
- Former 'Queer Eye' designer Thom Filicia lends his touch to new condo in Edgewater
- Key West company featured on 'The Profit'
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs
- George Lopez talks 'Saint George' and 'Rio 2'
- Old Spice Guy Isaiah Mustafa spreads the love
- Will Smith seen relaxing at Zuma
- Local designer wins Lifetime's 'Under the Gunn'