Hindu guru Sai Baba on hospital breathing support
4/5/2011Revered Hindu holy man Sathya Sai Baba is hospitalized on breathing support as followers gather at his ashram in southern India.The 84-year-old guru entered the Sri Satya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences last week for lung and chest congestion. A hospital statement said he was stable Tuesday, after describing his condition as critical.Sai Baba has a huge international following, and devotees are flocking to his ashram in Puttaparti town in the southern Andhra Pradesh state. They consider him a living god and miracle worker who can conjure small objects such as rings and watches from his curly hair.Police are on guard to prevent devotees from gathering outside the hospital in hopes of receiving a blessing from the guru.
On Our Radar
- Christina Milian models in Miami Beach
- What's up with Ryan Tannehill's mega contract?
- Instacart: An easier way to get groceries?
- Tony Romo eats his way through Miami
- Phil Collins in town
- Adrian Grenier guest of honor at magazine party
- Kings of Chaos at Hard Rock Live
- Joe Pepitone biopic penned by local screenwriters
- Talking to Beyonce's fitness guru Marco Borges
- Condo dwellers affected by Jonah Hill movie