Hindu guru Sai Baba on hospital breathing support
4/5/2011Revered Hindu holy man Sathya Sai Baba is hospitalized on breathing support as followers gather at his ashram in southern India.The 84-year-old guru entered the Sri Satya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences last week for lung and chest congestion. A hospital statement said he was stable Tuesday, after describing his condition as critical.Sai Baba has a huge international following, and devotees are flocking to his ashram in Puttaparti town in the southern Andhra Pradesh state. They consider him a living god and miracle worker who can conjure small objects such as rings and watches from his curly hair.Police are on guard to prevent devotees from gathering outside the hospital in hopes of receiving a blessing from the guru.
On Our Radar
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.
- Recap: Miami.com Experience - Pop-Up Dinner at Bocce with Sugarcane
- Tiger Woods' ex holds dinner in Palm Beach
- Jamaican pop star OMI at club opening
- Miami's (wannabe) adopted son David Beckham is 'Sexiest Man'
- Influence Miami at Bakehouse Art Complex