Now Open in SoFi: Milos By Costas Spiliadis
Highbrow Greek eats arrive in South Beach with Milos By Costas Spiliadis
730 1 St, Miami Beach
Highbrow Greek eats arrive in South Beach as opens in South of Fifth Tuesday, May 8. As of noon, reservations were still available via OpenTable at 5:45 and 6 p.m. Chef/owner Costas Spiliadis promises an open kitchen, fish market display, a "build-it-yourself approach to dining" and a neighboring market shilling spices, desserts, cheeses and meats. Expect imported Greek products and menu highlights like charred octopus, Maya white prawns, fish in sea salt, Canadian lobster, Creekston Premium prime filet, and with it all, a big fat Greek check. As for the name, though it seems like restaurateurs and chefs in the SoFi area fancy their bylines (see: Philippe by Philippe Chow), Milos Not By Myles Chefetz was just way too much of a mouthful. Welcome to the 'hood, Milos.
- The List: Casa D'Angelo's Angelo Elia
- South Beach openings: Soho Bay, David's Cafe, a new Dewey's, Bodega, Chicken Kitchen, La Savina
- Dewey LoSasso to run new restaurant at Schnebly Winery and Miami Brewing Co.
- American Social now open in Brickell
- Cibo Wine Bar expands to South Beach
- Top 10 most popular Miami food/drink places on Instagram in 2014
- The List: The Dutch's Conor Hanlon
- Stephen Starr to open second restaurant in Bal Harbour
- Philly diner Green Eggs Cafe opens in Aventura
- New restaurants add to Doral's food options