Now Open in SoFi: Milos By Costas Spiliadis
Highbrow Greek eats arrive in South Beach with Milos By Costas Spiliadis
Highbrow Greek eats arrive in South Beach as opens in South of Fifth Tuesday, May 8. As of noon, reservations were still available via OpenTable at 5:45 and 6 p.m. Chef/owner Costas Spiliadis promises an open kitchen, fish market display, a "build-it-yourself approach to dining" and a neighboring market shilling spices, desserts, cheeses and meats. Expect imported Greek products and menu highlights like charred octopus, Maya white prawns, fish in sea salt, Canadian lobster, Creekston Premium prime filet, and with it all, a big fat Greek check. As for the name, though it seems like restaurateurs and chefs in the SoFi area fancy their bylines (see: Philippe by Philippe Chow), Milos Not By Myles Chefetz was just way too much of a mouthful. Welcome to the 'hood, Milos.
730 1 St, Miami Beach
- Zak the Baker closed, reopens Friday
- "Celebrity" status won't get you into Eating House's sold-out 4/20 dinner
- 10 New Restaurants Coming Soon to Downtown Doral
- Game of Thrones-inspired dishes at Beaker & Gray
- O, Miami poetry shows up in local food
- Two for one: Barley chef to open pizza pop up in Dadeland
- Balans restaurant owner found dead
- Which Miami seafood chef won last weekend's pork cooking competition?
- New menu for Raleigh Hotel restaurant
- This Miami chef was named Food & Wine best new chef