Now Open in SoFi: Milos By Costas Spiliadis
Highbrow Greek eats arrive in South Beach with Milos By Costas Spiliadis
Highbrow Greek eats arrive in South Beach as opens in South of Fifth Tuesday, May 8. As of noon, reservations were still available via OpenTable at 5:45 and 6 p.m. Chef/owner Costas Spiliadis promises an open kitchen, fish market display, a "build-it-yourself approach to dining" and a neighboring market shilling spices, desserts, cheeses and meats. Expect imported Greek products and menu highlights like charred octopus, Maya white prawns, fish in sea salt, Canadian lobster, Creekston Premium prime filet, and with it all, a big fat Greek check. As for the name, though it seems like restaurateurs and chefs in the SoFi area fancy their bylines (see: Philippe by Philippe Chow), Milos Not By Myles Chefetz was just way too much of a mouthful. Welcome to the 'hood, Milos.
730 1 St, Miami Beach
- Taste Chinese, Mexican and Japanese in one bite — for one night only
- A vegetarian gastropub? It's coming to (where else?) South Beach
- Where you can taste a prize-winning doughnut in Miami
- These are Miami's most popular brunch spots, says Yelp
- Pollo Tropical wants you to cheat — on your chicken
- Three perfect words: Free chocolate croissants
- Burgers and beer in Brickell on National Cheeseburger Day
- Who has Miami's favorite fried chicken?
- This local Haitian chef will be on Food Network — again
- A reason for Miami foodies to drive north to Palm Beach