Hialeah Park celebrates renovations and new season
Hialeah Park kicks off a new season of races with a cocktail that celebrates its new facelift.
Hialeah Park cocktail
Wed., Dec. 12 from 6:30-9 p.m.
2200 E. Fourth Ave., Hialeah
RSVP to Maria@Creativasgroup.com
Yes, Hialeah is replete with cement lawns and illegal efficiencies. But it is also home to an incredible historical jewel that has been a meeting place for some of history's most important players (Churchill, Truman and Kennedy) and some of the world's swiftest horses (Seabuscuit and War Admiral). Hialeah Park, which opened for racing in 1925, has weathered many a storm, and reopened in 2009 after being shuttered for eight seasons.
The park is still undergoing renovations, and Wednesday, Dec. 12 will host a cocktail to show off its progress before the new racing season kicks off. There will be a rum, cigars and a Q & A to follow to get locals up to speed with the happenings at Hialeah Park.
See and Do
- Turkey trots, holiday parades & airport survival: Munchkin Fun's top picks for Thanksgiving week
- Broward presents a revamped 'Phantom of the Opera'
- Marvel Universe LIVE! superheroes and villains invade South Florida this weekend
- Alliance Theatre Lab’s 'The Originals' presents solo shows
- FUNDarte’s ‘Writing in Sand’ looks at Miami’s migrant women
- Freebie fun, Thanksgiving parties & Book Fair tips: Munchkin Fun's top picks for Nov 17-21
- Mike Birbiglia, the master of long-form levity, heads to the Arsht Center on Nov. 20
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Nov. 14-16
- ‘This American Life’ creator Ira Glass does mash-up with modern dancers to open Book Fair
- Book Fair fun, freebies & parades: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week