Hialeah Park celebrates renovations and new season
Hialeah Park kicks off a new season of races with a cocktail that celebrates its new facelift.
Hialeah Park cocktail
Wed., Dec. 12 from 6:30-9 p.m.
2200 E. Fourth Ave., Hialeah
RSVP to Maria@Creativasgroup.com
Yes, Hialeah is replete with cement lawns and illegal efficiencies. But it is also home to an incredible historical jewel that has been a meeting place for some of history's most important players (Churchill, Truman and Kennedy) and some of the world's swiftest horses (Seabuscuit and War Admiral). Hialeah Park, which opened for racing in 1925, has weathered many a storm, and reopened in 2009 after being shuttered for eight seasons.
The park is still undergoing renovations, and Wednesday, Dec. 12 will host a cocktail to show off its progress before the new racing season kicks off. There will be a rum, cigars and a Q & A to follow to get locals up to speed with the happenings at Hialeah Park.
See and Do
- Egg hunts, Dr. Seuss’s Bday, Legos & Pirates: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Mar 2-8
- Richard Lewis takes the stage at Parker Playhouse in Fort Lauderdale on Friday
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 27-March 1
- Miami Events - March 2015
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 27-March 1
- South Beach Comedy Festival 2015 announces line-up
- Disney Live, Mommy’s Night Out, Food Trucks & Skating: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Feb 23-29
- Things to Do in Miami this Weekend - Feb. 20-22
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 14-16
- President’s Day Weekend Guide 2015