HGTV star David Bromstad teams up with Salvation Army
For charity event
Have you “re-designed” an old piece of furniture? Think someone would buy it? HGTV star David Bromstad and The Salvation Army of Broward County want you to donate your creation for their first fund raising auction, Red Shield ReDesign Bash, Friday, Oct. 18, 2013, at The Venue, 2345 Wilton Drive, Wilton Manors, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Redesigners are encouraged to scour thrift stores, yard sales and even grandma’s attic to find unique pieces of furniture that need a little love. Bromstad will host the event and judge the pieces. The top five pieces will be sold during the Red Shield ReDesign Bash at a live auction and the remaining pieces will be sold through a silent auction. Bromstad is donating one of his renowned paintings for auction. Tickets $110 at www.SalvationArmyBroward.org. Event proceeds benefit Plymouth Colony, The Salvation Army’s shelter for homeless families. More information: Sally Gress, Salvation Army of Broward County,(954) 712-2431, email@example.com
On Our Radar
- Victoria's Angel model in Miami for 2 appearances
- Dying to see Jason Alexander at FLIFF?
- Want to spend New Year's Eve with Pitbull?
- Make-A-Wish Ball celebrates 20 years at the InterContinental Miami with Diana Ross performance, Oz theme
- Jingle Ball lineup includes big music names
- Stars come out for Book of Life premiere
- Launch of new Arts & Entertainment District features free coffee on Wednesdays
- Report: Miami ranks No. 1 for attractive people, nightclubs and singles scene
- CIndy Crawford does cocktails in Miami
- One Direction's Harry Styles does Miami