HGTV star David Bromstad teams up with Salvation Army
For charity event
Have you “re-designed” an old piece of furniture? Think someone would buy it? HGTV star David Bromstad and The Salvation Army of Broward County want you to donate your creation for their first fund raising auction, Red Shield ReDesign Bash, Friday, Oct. 18, 2013, at The Venue, 2345 Wilton Drive, Wilton Manors, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Redesigners are encouraged to scour thrift stores, yard sales and even grandma’s attic to find unique pieces of furniture that need a little love. Bromstad will host the event and judge the pieces. The top five pieces will be sold during the Red Shield ReDesign Bash at a live auction and the remaining pieces will be sold through a silent auction. Bromstad is donating one of his renowned paintings for auction. Tickets $110 at www.SalvationArmyBroward.org. Event proceeds benefit Plymouth Colony, The Salvation Army’s shelter for homeless families. More information: Sally Gress, Salvation Army of Broward County,(954) 712-2431, email@example.com
On Our Radar
- Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie coming to Art Basel?
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.
- Recap: Miami.com Experience - Pop-Up Dinner at Bocce with Sugarcane
- Tiger Woods' ex holds dinner in Palm Beach
- Jamaican pop star OMI at club opening
- Miami's (wannabe) adopted son David Beckham is 'Sexiest Man'