HGTV star David Bromstad teams up with Salvation Army
For charity event
Have you “re-designed” an old piece of furniture? Think someone would buy it? HGTV star David Bromstad and The Salvation Army of Broward County want you to donate your creation for their first fund raising auction, Red Shield ReDesign Bash, Friday, Oct. 18, 2013, at The Venue, 2345 Wilton Drive, Wilton Manors, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Redesigners are encouraged to scour thrift stores, yard sales and even grandma’s attic to find unique pieces of furniture that need a little love. Bromstad will host the event and judge the pieces. The top five pieces will be sold during the Red Shield ReDesign Bash at a live auction and the remaining pieces will be sold through a silent auction. Bromstad is donating one of his renowned paintings for auction. Tickets $110 at www.SalvationArmyBroward.org. Event proceeds benefit Plymouth Colony, The Salvation Army’s shelter for homeless families. More information: Sally Gress, Salvation Army of Broward County,(954) 712-2431, firstname.lastname@example.org
On Our Radar
- Jennifer Lopez to perform free concert at Bayfront Park in support of Hillary Clinton
- Adele lends voice in support of Hillary Clinton in Miami
- Udonis Haslem opens Starbucks in Miami
- Which Miami neighborhood will be the next to be ‘Art-Washed’?
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Larsa and Scottie Pippen to divorce after 19 years
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast