Here's the buzz: Honey is a sweet trend
Honey, it's not for dinner, but it's hot. From alcohol to haute couture, it is one of the most buzzed-about trends right now. Think about it:
Fashion: Exhibit A is Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen’s Spring 2013 Ready-To-Wear collection. From a glowing honey palette to patterns mimicking honeycomb to lacy beekeeper-esque veils, this collection swarmed the Paris runways with its blend of femininity and romanticism.
Drinks: Even the distilleries have been stung: Dewar's just launched a honey-infused whisky, Highlander Honey. Using local Scottish honey harvested from honey bees kept just outside the doorsteps of the Dewar's distillery, it is hand-infused directly into its White Label blend.
Fragrance: While Dewar's may have bottled honey, Marc Jacobs has captured the essence of this trend in his new perfume launching this summer, simply named Honey, with notes of honeysuckle, pear, peach nectar, golden vanilla and smooth woods.
Cosmetics: The health benefits of honey have long been touted as a remedy for everything from the common cold to the flu, but now this prized venom is making its way into high-end cosmetics as the hottest anti-aging secret on the shelves.
Desserts: Ben & Jerry's is coming out this summer with a honey & caramel swirl. Sweet!
On Our Radar
- Arms closed shut? Scott Stapp's wife files for divorce
- Gloria Estefan to lead Q&A
- CSI Miami star Omar Miller talks Weekend Fix
- Dwyane Wade getting ready for A Night on the Runwade
- Mr. Olympia Phil Heath gives diet and exercise tips before the holidays
- Pharrell can't sell his Miami condo
- Supermodel Elle Macpherson at opening of Stripsteak
- Eric Trump marries in Palm Beach
- Miami actor Carlos Ponce stays busy
- Jersey Belle star Jaime Sullivan in Miami