Here's the buzz: Honey is a sweet trend
Honey, it's not for dinner, but it's hot. From alcohol to haute couture, it is one of the most buzzed-about trends right now. Think about it:
Fashion: Exhibit A is Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen’s Spring 2013 Ready-To-Wear collection. From a glowing honey palette to patterns mimicking honeycomb to lacy beekeeper-esque veils, this collection swarmed the Paris runways with its blend of femininity and romanticism.
Drinks: Even the distilleries have been stung: Dewar's just launched a honey-infused whisky, Highlander Honey. Using local Scottish honey harvested from honey bees kept just outside the doorsteps of the Dewar's distillery, it is hand-infused directly into its White Label blend.
Fragrance: While Dewar's may have bottled honey, Marc Jacobs has captured the essence of this trend in his new perfume launching this summer, simply named Honey, with notes of honeysuckle, pear, peach nectar, golden vanilla and smooth woods.
Cosmetics: The health benefits of honey have long been touted as a remedy for everything from the common cold to the flu, but now this prized venom is making its way into high-end cosmetics as the hottest anti-aging secret on the shelves.
Desserts: Ben & Jerry's is coming out this summer with a honey & caramel swirl. Sweet!
On Our Radar
- Carlos Ponce: I would never run for president
- Emma Roberts: I need to visit Miami more often
- Pitbull makes Miami look good in 'Sexy Beaches' video
- 7 cool booths to visit at Agenda Miami
- 5 ways Colombians in Miami celebrated their independence day
- 5 Things We Loved at Premios Juventud
- You'll Never Guess Where 'The Rock' Calls his Favorite Place to Eat in Miami
- How to keep getting Miami.com on Facebook
- Pokemon Go Invades Miami and here’s our cheat sheet
- Local swimwear line Kai Lani featured at Funkshion Swim Week