Help Out with the Gulf of Mexico Spill at Salon Vaso!
Get your hair did and join the relief effort against the Gulf of Mexico oil spill. Total win-win.
1500 Alton Road, 2nd Floor, Miami Beach
Why should millions of pounds of absorbent, natural, renewable fiber go to waste every day?
Salon Vaso is joining the relief effort in the wake of the devastation caused by the Gulf of Mexico oil spill. The salon will be donating all hair clippings to Matter of Trust (www.matteroftrust.org), an organization that is collaborating with thousands of salons throughout the U.S. and abroad.
The deal? The collected loose hair is stuffed into nylon stockings that are doubled up and tied together to make “booms” that surround, contain and soak up the oil.
As an added bonus, Salon Vaso is offering $10 off Master Stylist haircuts until September 1, 2010. Women’s haircuts will be $60 ($70 value) and men’s haircuts will be $40 ($50 value) courtesy of Master Stylists’ Mark Holloway and Vaso Spirou.
- Designer Corinna Saias Mixes Ancient Greece with South Beach
- Shop for a Cause
- At Ibiza Soulmade Jewelry, Passion is a Family Affair
- Bal Harbour Shops Celebrates 50 Years with Fashion Project
- Wynwood Letterpress Opens with Handmade Charm
- Louis Vuitton Opens in the Design District
- Pumping It Up with Aquazzura's Edgardo Osorio
- Style Meets Social Good at Wine, Women & Shoes
- Finding Inspiration with Marchesa’s Keren Craig
- Nordstrom Rack to Open in Midtown