Heineken TransAtlantic Music Festival Guide
The world music scene descends upon Miami for a month-long festival, and we've got all the details.
By Rayme Samuels
Undoubtedly, Miami lies at the crossroads of South America, The Caribbean, Africa and Europe. Our culturally diverse planet will be reflected musically at hotspots around the city as part of this month’s Heineken TransAtlantic Festival.
Started by musical presenters The Rhythm Foundation seven years ago, this festival welcomes some of the most influential bands and DJ’s on the world music scene. Concerts and parties headlined by global fusion acts will take place from April 2 through April 25.
Performances by Colombian rockers Aterciopelados, Malian nomadic troupe Tinariwen, Brazilian hottie Curumin, New York siren Cucu Diamantes and others will bring a refreshing taste of global beats to the city.
Here’s a guide to keep you on track for this spring’s world music festival.
- Go Drink This: Positano
- Ball and Chain in Little Havana brings the Brazilian Girls to Miami
- Wynwood Art Auction, P.I.G. & funk 'n' jazz
- Go Drink This: Port of Call
- Sidebar opens in Little Havana, A Night in Monte Carlo (in Coral Gables), "Bette Midler" at the Cabaret and Full Mooning in Wynwood
- Miami duo launches high-tech InList app for nightlife experiences
- Gallery: Halloween on Lincoln Road 2014
- Go Drink This: Pumpkin Rum Old Fashioned
- Gallery - Vizcaya Halloween Sundowner 2014
- Beatniks, Art, Disco, More Disco and Strippers - it's not just Halloween, it's Miami!