Heineken TransAtlantic Music Festival Guide
The world music scene descends upon Miami for a month-long festival, and we've got all the details.
By Rayme Samuels
Undoubtedly, Miami lies at the crossroads of South America, The Caribbean, Africa and Europe. Our culturally diverse planet will be reflected musically at hotspots around the city as part of this month’s Heineken TransAtlantic Festival.
Started by musical presenters The Rhythm Foundation seven years ago, this festival welcomes some of the most influential bands and DJ’s on the world music scene. Concerts and parties headlined by global fusion acts will take place from April 2 through April 25.
Performances by Colombian rockers Aterciopelados, Malian nomadic troupe Tinariwen, Brazilian hottie Curumin, New York siren Cucu Diamantes and others will bring a refreshing taste of global beats to the city.
Here’s a guide to keep you on track for this spring’s world music festival.
- A different sort of Bonfire of the Vanities at Conde Contemporary, Sassy City Chicks & a Ritzy beer garden
- Go Drink This: Piña Colada Old Fashioned
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Oct. 10-12
- Velvet Underground: A weird Miami bus tour and an AstroJam highlight the weekend
- Go Drink This: Down the Rabbit Hole
- A curated guide to III Points festival in Wynwood
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Oct. 3 - 5
- Go Drink This: Smoky Negroni
- Sneak Peek: Blackbird Ordinary in Brickell unveils new cocktail menu
- Velvet Underground: Mansion nightclub opens 'Cocktails and Dreams' and Craft Spirits Festival kicks off in Coconut Grove