Heineken TransAtlantic Music Festival Guide
The world music scene descends upon Miami for a month-long festival, and we've got all the details.
By Rayme Samuels
Undoubtedly, Miami lies at the crossroads of South America, The Caribbean, Africa and Europe. Our culturally diverse planet will be reflected musically at hotspots around the city as part of this month’s Heineken TransAtlantic Festival.
Started by musical presenters The Rhythm Foundation seven years ago, this festival welcomes some of the most influential bands and DJ’s on the world music scene. Concerts and parties headlined by global fusion acts will take place from April 2 through April 25.
Performances by Colombian rockers Aterciopelados, Malian nomadic troupe Tinariwen, Brazilian hottie Curumin, New York siren Cucu Diamantes and others will bring a refreshing taste of global beats to the city.
Here’s a guide to keep you on track for this spring’s world music festival.
- BT’s ‘Electronic Opus’ debuts at Arsht Center on Sunday
- The 12 Best Photos from Day 1 of Miami Music Week 2015
- Heineken House makes EDM experience full circle at Ultra
- Go Drink This: In the Air Tonight
- Reflections from Miami Beach Nightlife Pioneers
- Above & Beyond play one-night only during Miami Music Week
- DJ “Little” Louie Vega plays the Funkified Poolside Get-Down Jam on Wednesday
- Spanish DJ Duo Chus and Ceballos play Ultra on Saturday
- Hardwell enjoying life atop the DJ world
- Things To Do In Miami This Weekend - March 27-29