Heineken TransAtlantic Music Festival Guide
The world music scene descends upon Miami for a month-long festival, and we've got all the details.
By Rayme Samuels
Undoubtedly, Miami lies at the crossroads of South America, The Caribbean, Africa and Europe. Our culturally diverse planet will be reflected musically at hotspots around the city as part of this month’s Heineken TransAtlantic Festival.
Started by musical presenters The Rhythm Foundation seven years ago, this festival welcomes some of the most influential bands and DJ’s on the world music scene. Concerts and parties headlined by global fusion acts will take place from April 2 through April 25.
Performances by Colombian rockers Aterciopelados, Malian nomadic troupe Tinariwen, Brazilian hottie Curumin, New York siren Cucu Diamantes and others will bring a refreshing taste of global beats to the city.
Here’s a guide to keep you on track for this spring’s world music festival.
- Five nightclubs for ages 18 and up
- Events in Miami this weekend - Dec. 2-4
- Post-Thanksgiving events in Miami this week - Nov. 25-27
- What to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 18-20
- DJ Paul van Dyk had to learn to walk again after falling from stage. Now, he's playing Miami
- Art Basel parties you can actually get into
- Don't miss these concerts, festivals and events in Miami this weekend - Nov. 11-13
- How to drop $500K on New Year’s Eve in Miami without even trying
- New club in Miami hosts grand opening with performance by Bomba Estéreo
- DJ Le Spam teams up with the New World Symphony for Pulse