Heineken TransAtlantic Music Festival Guide
The world music scene descends upon Miami for a month-long festival, and we've got all the details.
By Rayme Samuels
Undoubtedly, Miami lies at the crossroads of South America, The Caribbean, Africa and Europe. Our culturally diverse planet will be reflected musically at hotspots around the city as part of this month’s Heineken TransAtlantic Festival.
Started by musical presenters The Rhythm Foundation seven years ago, this festival welcomes some of the most influential bands and DJ’s on the world music scene. Concerts and parties headlined by global fusion acts will take place from April 2 through April 25.
Performances by Colombian rockers Aterciopelados, Malian nomadic troupe Tinariwen, Brazilian hottie Curumin, New York siren Cucu Diamantes and others will bring a refreshing taste of global beats to the city.
Here’s a guide to keep you on track for this spring’s world music festival.
- DJ Tracy Young hosts the Official 'Rebel Heart' Album Release Event at Story in Miami
- Radio Bar in South Beach hosts complimentary monthly mixology classes
- Go Drink This: Deal Closer
- FDR & Electric Pickle Anniversary Bashes, Battioke, Rolling Loud & Fools' Paradise at Churchill's
- Go Drink This: Greenhouse Smash
- Wynwood's Electric Pickle turns 6, throws weekend-long anniversary bash
- French house, condo cinema, food, drink and fests!
- Wynwood's new piano bar pops up at Cafeina on Thursday nights
- Go Drink This: Mixology for Two, an interactive session
- 'French Tuesdays' returns to South Beach nightlife