Heineken TransAtlantic Music Festival Guide
The world music scene descends upon Miami for a month-long festival, and we've got all the details.
By Rayme Samuels
Undoubtedly, Miami lies at the crossroads of South America, The Caribbean, Africa and Europe. Our culturally diverse planet will be reflected musically at hotspots around the city as part of this month’s Heineken TransAtlantic Festival.
Started by musical presenters The Rhythm Foundation seven years ago, this festival welcomes some of the most influential bands and DJ’s on the world music scene. Concerts and parties headlined by global fusion acts will take place from April 2 through April 25.
Performances by Colombian rockers Aterciopelados, Malian nomadic troupe Tinariwen, Brazilian hottie Curumin, New York siren Cucu Diamantes and others will bring a refreshing taste of global beats to the city.
Here’s a guide to keep you on track for this spring’s world music festival.
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - June 21-23
- Where to party in Miami this weekend - June 11-16
- Benefit concert at Tobacco Road, happy hour at the Palms Hotel and Tuesday gets better
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - June 14-16
- Medicinal Cocktail Bar Drogerie Opens in Miami Beach
- Where to party in Miami this weekend - June 6-9
- Moët Ice keeps the Heat playoffs White Hot as the NBA Finals begin
- Jazid celebrates a birthday and pool parties at the Delano
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - June 7-9
- Close out burger month tonight, then dance at Open House Dance