Heidi Klum graces cover of Ocean Drive
20th anniversary issue
Heidi Klum graces the cover of Ocean Drive this month and the 39 year old mother of four looks better than ever. A few excerpts:
Like Ocean Drive, this year marks just over two decades of your career. What are your most memorable moments? Definitely my work with Victoria’s Secret and being a VS Angel for 13 years—that was huge for me, especially in America. Also, my cover of Sports Illustrated. I mean, 59 million readers! And my cover of French Vogue, which is one of the hardest covers to get. I was lucky to have been able to mix high (sometimes risqué) fashion with more mainstream clients.
Did you do any crazy shoots?
I was up for anything, like riding a horse if I didn’t know how to, being underwater with dolphins (and I’m not the best swimmer), or in the ocean with sharks and fish guts—without a cage—for a “Shark Week” special on the Discovery Channel.
How do you feel about posing nude?
When you have a good body, photographers will often be like, “Yeah, let’s take this off, and why don’t we lose this too,” and you can quickly end up not wearing much clothing. You have to be careful and strong at saying no, especially when you’re younger and on your own.
On Our Radar
- Better buy some eating pants - Sobe Seafood Festival is around the corner
- How is Jack Black going to dress up for Halloween?
- Designer Donald J. Pliner returns to Miami with new venture
- Cindy Crawford in Miami for book launch
- Omi in Miami, talks new album
- Billy Joel to play New Year's Eve concert in Sunrise
- Sean Combs stands up to cancer
- Pitbull back on New Year's Eve duty
- Maks Chmerkovskiy to host “SWAY: A Dance Trilogy”
- Thalia to appear at Macy's