The Heat still celebrating and free drinks at the Bass Museum tonight
FDR hosts Juwan Howard and company; free booze at the Bass Museum
We have a feeling the Miami Heat may be celebrating their championship this entire summer as well they should. And if they aren't, the city's clubs and bars certainly are jumping on that, forgive the analogy, bandwagon and taking advantage by throwing festive celebrations whether or not the players are even involved. Luckily for FDR at the Delano, the players are involved as Juwan Howard and his friends will be making "guest appearances" starting at 11 p.m. on Friday, July 6. For table reservations, call 305-924-4071 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Battle of the Bootleggers
Fancy yourself a mixologist? Or even just an old fashioned bartender? If so, have we got a competition for you. At 3 p.m. Tuesday, July 10, Troy & Sons, Miami United States Bartending Guild and Republic National will host the Bootleggers Duel at Yardbird Southern Table & Bar. The mixing competition will be “Iron Chef” style, with a battle for a chance to work with Troy & Sons Master Distiller in Asheville, NC. The first thirteen participants to arrive by the 3 p.m. call time will compete. Participants must be a USBG member by day of event (you can join here: http://www.usbg.org/benefits.php.) and the competition will start at 4:00 p.m. For more information, call 305-538-5220, or go to www.runchickenrun.com.
Free Booze at the Bass
Most museums strictly forbid food, drink and general bacchanalia. The Bass, however, is another story, at least from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Friday, July 6 when its monthly Beats After Sunset kicks in with live music by Joseph Anthony, free cocktails by Herradura Tequila, and, of course, the chance to catch the latest exhibitions. Admission is $8 for non-members and free for members. Those who really want to get rowdy will have to take it over to Chalk Ping Pong and Billiards Lounge where an after party will take place from 11 p.m. to midnight.
Headlining at Ricochet at 8 p.m. Friday, July 6 is Emily Sheila, who has been described as a mix between Fiona Apple and Adele with a folky twist. In addition to the show, all drinks are half off from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. and there’s no cover.
- Sunday symphony, saused Flamingos, philanthropic models and a new monthly Edition
- Nude male models in Miami! Booze! Art, music and ping pong, too.
- Flooring it with YoungArts, Cirque does charity and an art party
- Nerd Nite, Grateful Dead, Goonies & Goin' Phishin'
- Sonic sparring, neo disco, late night lushery & Phish mongering
- Beets, Chanukah, Christmas & Festivus for the Rest of Us
- A Mad Zoo at Grand Central, Wunderbar!, Kooky Cosplay, and Chanukah Yachting
- The music, the madness and the art of the party
- Death & Co alive & well in Miami, art before Basel, bargain beach club, Brazilian nights & pool pop-up
- Rock legends, beer, booze, an 80s prom & Greased Lightning, Charlie Brown