The Heat still celebrating and free drinks at the Bass Museum tonight
FDR hosts Juwan Howard and company; free booze at the Bass Museum
We have a feeling the Miami Heat may be celebrating their championship this entire summer as well they should. And if they aren't, the city's clubs and bars certainly are jumping on that, forgive the analogy, bandwagon and taking advantage by throwing festive celebrations whether or not the players are even involved. Luckily for FDR at the Delano, the players are involved as Juwan Howard and his friends will be making "guest appearances" starting at 11 p.m. on Friday, July 6. For table reservations, call 305-924-4071 or email email@example.com.
Battle of the Bootleggers
Fancy yourself a mixologist? Or even just an old fashioned bartender? If so, have we got a competition for you. At 3 p.m. Tuesday, July 10, Troy & Sons, Miami United States Bartending Guild and Republic National will host the Bootleggers Duel at Yardbird Southern Table & Bar. The mixing competition will be “Iron Chef” style, with a battle for a chance to work with Troy & Sons Master Distiller in Asheville, NC. The first thirteen participants to arrive by the 3 p.m. call time will compete. Participants must be a USBG member by day of event (you can join here: http://www.usbg.org/benefits.php.) and the competition will start at 4:00 p.m. For more information, call 305-538-5220, or go to www.runchickenrun.com.
Free Booze at the Bass
Most museums strictly forbid food, drink and general bacchanalia. The Bass, however, is another story, at least from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Friday, July 6 when its monthly Beats After Sunset kicks in with live music by Joseph Anthony, free cocktails by Herradura Tequila, and, of course, the chance to catch the latest exhibitions. Admission is $8 for non-members and free for members. Those who really want to get rowdy will have to take it over to Chalk Ping Pong and Billiards Lounge where an after party will take place from 11 p.m. to midnight.
Headlining at Ricochet at 8 p.m. Friday, July 6 is Emily Sheila, who has been described as a mix between Fiona Apple and Adele with a folky twist. In addition to the show, all drinks are half off from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. and there’s no cover.
- Sake, beer, oysters and Basel, Art Basel
- Rok'n burgers on 73rd St., rockin' authors hit Rock Bottom at Arsht, Dom at The Dutch & Sweet Liberty's sweet deal
- LUCKYRICE at the Raleigh, PIG in Wynwood, a pre-Pride Soiree & showboating on Fisher Island with the Pointer Sisters
- New lounges, poolside rap parties, free concerts, food fetes & dinner with Uncle Luke
- Spooky, boozy, cool: Halloween week in Miami and beyond
- Scary movies, Hitchcocking, Miami bassing & spooky mansion parties
- Miami's booze & boogie scene heats up with a new club & more reasons to eat, drink & be merry
- Touchdowns (you hope), tequila, cheese, pre-game parties and boozing in the Grove
- Cabarets, supper clubs, oysters, bubbles, beer gardens, yoga & house music all night long
- Charity cocktailing, tricking out, clam baking, jet setting, swining and dining, and salsa dancing