Heat player eats big at Michael’s
Miami Heat center Zydrunas Ilgauskas had dinner Monday night at Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink with his wife, two kids and a male guest. The uber tall player apparently ordered and ate every single small plate on the menu. Also in the restaurant later that evening: Maverick Carter, LeBron James’ manager and business partner, with friends.
Congrats and good luck to Kimberly Green, president of the Miami-based Green Family Foundation, a nonprofit organization that has been active in Haiti for more than a decade, for her workasprimary funding partner ofa box set that was nominated for two Grammy Awards. Alan Lomax in Haiti: Recordings for the Library of Congress, 1936-1937, a 10-CD boxset, is up for Best Historical Album and Best Album Notes at Sunday night’s awards ceremony in Los Angeles.
Little Miss Sunshine star Abigail Breslin had dinner Monday nightwith some friends at Prime One Twelve.
Landing at no. 2on Orbitz’s list of the sexiest cities in the country as chosen by userswas Miami, which lost to San Francisco by two percentage points.
It was baseball central at Town Kitchen & Bar Wednesday afternoon as Jorge Posada (NY Yankees)lunched at one table and Jim Morris (UM’s head coach) with John Jay (St. Louis Cardinals) at another.
As part of a Valentine’s Day Auction, country superstar Keith Urban donated concert tickets and backstage meet and greets, which raised almost $20,000 this week for the Miami-based non-profit organization Gene Spotlight, which provides medical research grants to find better treatments and cures for some of the 7,000 rare genetic disorders.
On Our Radar
- Ultra Music Festival bans minors
- Enrique Iglesias & Anna Kournikova's romantic date
- Dwyane Wade & Gabrielle Union: man and wife
- HGTV’s David Bromstad whips up new Coffee-mate bottle designs
- Chris Bosh launches neckwear collection
- Estelle paints the town red at Blue Martini
- Giving advice on the modeling industry
- Maks Chmerkovskiy dancing into town
- Want to buy Scottie Pippen's house?
- Meet Jason Taylor at Macy's