Heart of Glass
For Love of Pisco: we're swooning (and stumbling) already.
By Jaweed Kaleem
Still figuring out your Valentine's Day prospects? Maybe a ''love potion'' is what you need -- like Love at First Pisco, a sweet pink cocktail made from grape-based pisco brandy, the national spirit of Peru.
''Pisco has its own flavor; you can't miss it,'' says Gil Lopez, head bartender at the new Kobe Club on South Beach, ''but I think the love-potion part depends on who you're with.''
• Place five muddled strawberries, 1 ounce pisco (e.g., Montesierpe), 1/2 ounce raspberry liqueur (Chambord), 1/2 ounce orange-flavored liqueur (Grand Marnier) and a splash of simple syrup in a shaker with crushed ice.
• Shake vigorously.
• Strain into a stemmed cocktail glass.
• Garnish with a halved strawberry and orange peel.
The Love at First Pisco is $12 at Sushi Samba Dromo, 600 Lincoln Rd., and $14 at Kobe Club and China Grill, both at 404 Washington Ave., Miami Beach.
- Drink like an Irish whiskey master this St. Patrick's Day
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Jim Meehan guest bartends and Julio Bermejo talks tequila at The Broken Shaker during South Beach Wine & Food Festival week in Miami Beach
- A must-try cocktail at the new Cavalli Miami Restaurant & Lounge in South Beach
- Wynwood Brewing Company Takes Over Public House in South Beach for South Florida Craft Beer Week
- Funky Buddha Brewery hosts day-long beer fest
- The Corner celebrates 2 years in downtown Miami with free beer, BBQ and live music
- Abraxas Lounge on South Beach will close New Year's Eve