Heart of Glass
For Love of Pisco: we're swooning (and stumbling) already.
By Jaweed Kaleem
Still figuring out your Valentine's Day prospects? Maybe a ''love potion'' is what you need -- like Love at First Pisco, a sweet pink cocktail made from grape-based pisco brandy, the national spirit of Peru.
''Pisco has its own flavor; you can't miss it,'' says Gil Lopez, head bartender at the new Kobe Club on South Beach, ''but I think the love-potion part depends on who you're with.''
• Place five muddled strawberries, 1 ounce pisco (e.g., Montesierpe), 1/2 ounce raspberry liqueur (Chambord), 1/2 ounce orange-flavored liqueur (Grand Marnier) and a splash of simple syrup in a shaker with crushed ice.
• Shake vigorously.
• Strain into a stemmed cocktail glass.
• Garnish with a halved strawberry and orange peel.
The Love at First Pisco is $12 at Sushi Samba Dromo, 600 Lincoln Rd., and $14 at Kobe Club and China Grill, both at 404 Washington Ave., Miami Beach.
- Miami’s 10 Newest Cocktails for the Summer of 2013
- Thai Cocktails in Miami
- Shellback Rum Interactive Mixology with Tony Abou-Ganim invites you to a cocktail crash course
- The Flat brings creative cocktails to Miami Beach’s South of Fifth area
- High-End Whiskey and Creative Techniques at Swine in Coral Gables
- Casa Dragones tequila provides a refined taste
- Pavan liqueur brings new flavor to Miami's bar scene
- Miami’s Best Old Fashioned Cocktails
- Radio Pop-Up Cocktail Bar open on South Beach, offers affordable mixology
- PB Steak’s Specialty Cocktail Standouts