Heart of Glass
For Love of Pisco: we're swooning (and stumbling) already.
By Jaweed Kaleem
Still figuring out your Valentine's Day prospects? Maybe a ''love potion'' is what you need -- like Love at First Pisco, a sweet pink cocktail made from grape-based pisco brandy, the national spirit of Peru.
''Pisco has its own flavor; you can't miss it,'' says Gil Lopez, head bartender at the new Kobe Club on South Beach, ''but I think the love-potion part depends on who you're with.''
• Place five muddled strawberries, 1 ounce pisco (e.g., Montesierpe), 1/2 ounce raspberry liqueur (Chambord), 1/2 ounce orange-flavored liqueur (Grand Marnier) and a splash of simple syrup in a shaker with crushed ice.
• Shake vigorously.
• Strain into a stemmed cocktail glass.
• Garnish with a halved strawberry and orange peel.
The Love at First Pisco is $12 at Sushi Samba Dromo, 600 Lincoln Rd., and $14 at Kobe Club and China Grill, both at 404 Washington Ave., Miami Beach.
- Go Drink This: Rum-ble ‘n’ Sway
- Go Drink This: Strawberry Mojito Mocktail
- The Best Cocktails To Sip in Miami On National Rum Day
- Go Drink This: Thelma and Louise
- La Moderna serves up cocktails with personality
- Go Drink This: Honey Citrus Sidecar
- Tampa's Brenda Terry named Most Imaginative Bartender Miami
- Radio Bar hosts monthly series of mixology classes
- Mixologists to compete in Miami for Most Imaginative Bartender title
- Go Drink This: Canchánchara