Headliner Market Group presents: Overtown Music Festival featuring Raheem Devaughn, Keke Wyatt, & more - FREE
Historic Overtown community will be transformed into a cultural hub of good music and plenty of fun for the entire family...and it's FREE!
Saturday, July 19, 11AM - 7PM - Overtown Business District, NW 3rd Ave between 9th & 11th Streets
The heavyweight promoters famous for hosting the hottest club events in Miami with some of the biggest celebrities including LIV on Sundays is now putting their muscle and promotional power behind the Overtown Music & Arts Festival. Headliner Market Group in collaboration with the Southeast Overtown/Park West Community Redevelopment Agency(CRA) and City of Miami Commissioner Keon Hardemon transforms Historic Overtown into a cultural oasis hub to celebrate its rich music history. The star-studded line up is headlined by Grammy-nominated Raheem Devaughn with live performances by Keke Wyatt, Case, soul vocalist Jaguar Wright, Teedra Moses, one of South Florida’s favorite local bands, Deep Fried Funk, emerging artist Sebastian Mikael, and South Florida local comedian and singer Larry Dogg.
The family friendly event also includes on-site HIV testing, a Youth Zone presented by Teens Exercising Extraordinary Success (T.E.E.S) incorporating an educational health and wellness-component, and fun fitness activities for toddlers to teens. HistoryMiami will also curate youth activities related to “Urban Arts” and music inspired activities, including coloring activities and a book reading of “What is Hip Hop.”
This event comes at a pivotal team in Overtown’s historic as the historic community undergoes a second renaissance first with the reopening of the Historic Lyric theater and with major real estate developments on the way. Once known as “Miami’s Little Broadway,” Overtown previously hosted music greats such as Ella Fitzgerald, Duke Ellington, and Aretha Franklin. In the past, the “Colored Town” was frequently visited by international guests seeking to enjoy its one of a kind food, music, and entertainment.
Festival sponsors include: City of Miami District 5 Commissioner Keon Hardemon, Southeast Overtown/Park West CRA, Hot 105, 99 Jamz, House of Wings, Comcast, and Miami-Dade Economic Advocacy Trust.
This event is free and open to the public. For more info: overtownmusicartsfestival.com or follow on Facebook and Instagram @overtownmusicartsfestival and Twitter @overtownmusicar to stay updated on the event.
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Grit, Grits, and Glitter; Brunch on the Bay, Sigma Cookout, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Lyric Live featuring Regina Belle, DanceAfrica Miami, Day La Soul day party, and more
- DanceAfrica Miami debuts August 5-7
- Miami Soul weekend guide: International Music Fest, Overtown Music Festival, Lyric Comedy Fest, and more
- 5 things to look forward to at the Overtown Music & Arts Festival
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Ankara Swim, Bobby Valentine Single Release party, Sounds of Little Haiti, and more
- Miami Soul 4th of July weekend guide: Afropolitan Miami, Afrikin, Day La Soul, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: 12th Annual Irie Weekend and other things to do June 23 - 26, 2016
- Miami Soul: 7 Caribbean-American Heritage Month events to check out
- Que Boogaloo, Greek Cookout, Reggae Sundays and more events in Miami