Haven in Miami Beach debuts new menu, tables
3-year-old Lincoln Road spot hopes to boost its restaurant cred.
Haven executive chef Todd Erickson recently invited 10 of his chef friends for dinner to get their honest opinions about the new menu he's rolling out this week.
After a successful three-year run as a lounge with food, Haven, located on Lincoln Road just west of Alton Road, is attempting a makeover to position itself as a more serious restaurant.
“Sometimes people would come in here, and they’d see the low tables and not even realize that we serve food,” Erickson said. “We wanted to change that up. Now there is no mistaking that this is a restaurant.”
To help build up the restaurant image, Haven’s partners invested in new hydraulic tables that can stand tall during dinner service and get low as Haven turns more clubby.
But the restaurant’s real test lies in Erickson’s overhauled menu, which swaps Haven’s previous collection of small-plate sliders and skewers for proper servings of fish, meat and composed veggies.
How did Erickson's dishes do in the eyes of his peers like Paula DaSilva (3030 Ocean), Aaron Brooks (Edge Steak & Bar), Bradley Kilgore (J&G Grill), Julian Baker (Toscana Divino) and others? Find out here.
- Miami's Best Pizza to close after 44 years in Coral Gables
- Miami food to star on Bravo's 'Best New Restaurant'
- What's the Best? 5 Miami Coffee Shops
- Truffles and caviar on menu at Haven craft beer dinner in Miami Beach
- Interactive brunch benefits United Way of Miami-Dade
- Scott Conant of Scarpetta to open restaurant in Turnberry Isle in Aventura
- Zuma partners to open Tamarina restaurant in Miami
- Sesame Street adventures, character storytime & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top weekly picks
- Tapas and beer for $20 this month in Miami
- What's the Best? Five Spots for Late-Night Food in Miami