Haven in Miami Beach debuts new menu, tables
3-year-old Lincoln Road spot hopes to boost its restaurant cred.
Haven executive chef Todd Erickson recently invited 10 of his chef friends for dinner to get their honest opinions about the new menu he's rolling out this week.
After a successful three-year run as a lounge with food, Haven, located on Lincoln Road just west of Alton Road, is attempting a makeover to position itself as a more serious restaurant.
“Sometimes people would come in here, and they’d see the low tables and not even realize that we serve food,” Erickson said. “We wanted to change that up. Now there is no mistaking that this is a restaurant.”
To help build up the restaurant image, Haven’s partners invested in new hydraulic tables that can stand tall during dinner service and get low as Haven turns more clubby.
But the restaurant’s real test lies in Erickson’s overhauled menu, which swaps Haven’s previous collection of small-plate sliders and skewers for proper servings of fish, meat and composed veggies.
How did Erickson's dishes do in the eyes of his peers like Paula DaSilva (3030 Ocean), Aaron Brooks (Edge Steak & Bar), Bradley Kilgore (J&G Grill), Julian Baker (Toscana Divino) and others? Find out here.
- Chef changes at Verde, Steak 954, Makoto
- The List: Casa D'Angelo's Angelo Elia
- South Beach openings: Soho Bay, David's Cafe, a new Dewey's, Bodega, Chicken Kitchen, La Savina
- Christmas and NYE 2014: A Holiday Dining Guide for Miami and South Florida
- Dewey LoSasso to run new restaurant at Schnebly Winery and Miami Brewing Co.
- American Social now open in Brickell
- Cibo Wine Bar expands to South Beach
- Top 10 most popular Miami food/drink places on Instagram in 2014
- The List: The Dutch's Conor Hanlon
- Stephen Starr to open second restaurant in Bal Harbour