Haven in Miami Beach debuts new menu, tables
3-year-old Lincoln Road spot hopes to boost its restaurant cred.
Haven executive chef Todd Erickson recently invited 10 of his chef friends for dinner to get their honest opinions about the new menu he's rolling out this week.
After a successful three-year run as a lounge with food, Haven, located on Lincoln Road just west of Alton Road, is attempting a makeover to position itself as a more serious restaurant.
“Sometimes people would come in here, and they’d see the low tables and not even realize that we serve food,” Erickson said. “We wanted to change that up. Now there is no mistaking that this is a restaurant.”
To help build up the restaurant image, Haven’s partners invested in new hydraulic tables that can stand tall during dinner service and get low as Haven turns more clubby.
But the restaurant’s real test lies in Erickson’s overhauled menu, which swaps Haven’s previous collection of small-plate sliders and skewers for proper servings of fish, meat and composed veggies.
How did Erickson's dishes do in the eyes of his peers like Paula DaSilva (3030 Ocean), Aaron Brooks (Edge Steak & Bar), Bradley Kilgore (J&G Grill), Julian Baker (Toscana Divino) and others? Find out here.
- Siena Tavern closes after six months in South Beach
- Swine Southern seeks new top chef as Jacob Anaya leaves Miami for California
- Saffron Supper Club lands at Bocce in midtown Miami
- The List: Miami's best foods with Cleo's Danny Elmaleh
- 9beach Fusion Kitchen & Lounge Bar set to open in South Beach
- Former Seaspice chef to oversee food at Fort Lauderdale hotel-condo
- The List: Miami's best eats with Piripi's Najat Kaanache
- Chefs named at new Miami restaurants Centro Taco, Laffa Mediterranean and Zest
- The List: Miami's best food with Sushi Maki's Abe Ng
- Miami's best burgers are getting fired up at Burger Brawl