Haven in Miami Beach debuts new menu, tables
3-year-old Lincoln Road spot hopes to boost its restaurant cred.
Haven executive chef Todd Erickson recently invited 10 of his chef friends for dinner to get their honest opinions about the new menu he's rolling out this week.
After a successful three-year run as a lounge with food, Haven, located on Lincoln Road just west of Alton Road, is attempting a makeover to position itself as a more serious restaurant.
“Sometimes people would come in here, and they’d see the low tables and not even realize that we serve food,” Erickson said. “We wanted to change that up. Now there is no mistaking that this is a restaurant.”
To help build up the restaurant image, Haven’s partners invested in new hydraulic tables that can stand tall during dinner service and get low as Haven turns more clubby.
But the restaurant’s real test lies in Erickson’s overhauled menu, which swaps Haven’s previous collection of small-plate sliders and skewers for proper servings of fish, meat and composed veggies.
How did Erickson's dishes do in the eyes of his peers like Paula DaSilva (3030 Ocean), Aaron Brooks (Edge Steak & Bar), Bradley Kilgore (J&G Grill), Julian Baker (Toscana Divino) and others? Find out here.
1237 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach
- This Miami Beach bar was just named America's best new bar
- Not even a dead body got people out of line for cronuts in New York
- Look like a celebrity and get free food
- A barbecued grilled cheese with Heat -- Miami Heat, that is
- Here's why you should call Dolores ... Miami Smokers for the summer
- We ordered free ice cream from UberEATS. Here's what happened
- South of Spice dining event is a luxurious taste of South Beach
- These 9 Miami food and cocktail events are so good we can't pick just one
- Why this chef wants to bring fine dining to Cuba
- Uber will bring you free ice cream Friday