Have You Seen This Turtle?
Jimmy the gigantic African Spur tortoise needs your help after an all-night bender on SoBe. Can you help us find him?
While we here at Miami.com don't typically cover lost pet cases (we're really bad detectives, to be honest), we couldn't resist the tale of the lost tortoise by the name of Jimmy.
Jimmy, a large African Spur tortoise was last seen 5 days ago at his owner's house on Miami Beach's 2151 Meriidian Avenue (on the Miami Beach Golf Course).
It appears Jimmy is fond the Miami Beach "lifestyle" (if you know what we mean) and have a sneaking suspicious that's why the troublesome turtle is missing.
So where in the world could Jimmy be? Weighing in at a whopping 55 pounds and 26 inches long and 18 inches wide, finding this turtle should be a snatch. While the rascally reptile has a penchant for popping bottles at LIV followed by a food bender at Big Pink (I mean, who can resist those world famous polenta fries?), our sources tell us he also frequents ponds neighboring the Miami Beach Golf Course.
If you think you have seen Jimmy, please call (305) 798-4264.
If you've seen Jimmy the lost turtle, please call (305) 798-4264.
See and Do
- 20 signs that you might be Cuban
- Cauley Square is a hidden gem in Miami
- HistoryMiami's Stiltsville Tour is an only-in-Miami experience
- 5 reasons Back-To-School Season in Miami is amazing
- 28 signs that you're from Miami
- Our favorite Miami stories this week
- 21 signs you've truly partied in Miami
- 5 things that will always remind you you're in Miami
- 5 reasons why mango season is the best time to be in Miami
- This Cuban-American landmark is as good as it gets for Miami flavors