Have you seen Invader in Miami? Share your pic when you've spotted one
Popular street artist brings mosaic Space Invaders characters to Miami
The invasion has arrived.
Starting last week and continuing throughout this month the popular street artist Invader will be pasting up his square mosaic tiles that display characters inspired from the popular 1978 video game Space Invaders throughout Miami.
No place is safe.
Not a MetroRail station in downtown. Not a park in South Beach.
And on Thursday, Aug. 23 Invader will launch a weather balloon somewhere north of Miami, equipped with a camera and a GPS, which will drift around shooting a Space Invaders silhouette against the landscape. The film will be retrieved and published in a book together with photos of Invader's other Miami works.
In the meantime, be on the lookout for the Invader mosaics like the ones pictured below. If you find one, share it with us for a chance to win a cool prize. (We can't tell you yet what the prize is, because, just like the street art, it's a surprise.)
Once you have spotted a mosaic Invader, snap a photo, include the location in the text, and either email it to email@example.com or Tweet it to us @Miamicom using the hashtag #InvaderMiami.
Good luck out there.
On Our Radar
- Dance contestants visit FIU to judge dance competition for charity
- Enrique Iglesias, Romeo Santos and Nicky Jam among the top finalists for 2016 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- At 71, Patti Labelle is just getting started
- 7 Funniest Lines from Miami's Dave Barry at the Iowa Caucuses
- Shark Tank star to exhibit art
- Marlon Wayans: I'm not really like Christian Grey
- Sports Illustrated fan fest headed to Miami Beach
- Gloria Estefan teams up with Oscar winner
- Opera superstar Placido Domingo at AAA
- Def Leppard in concert