Have you seen Invader in Miami? Share your pic when you've spotted one
Popular street artist brings mosaic Space Invaders characters to Miami
The invasion has arrived.
Starting last week and continuing throughout this month the popular street artist Invader will be pasting up his square mosaic tiles that display characters inspired from the popular 1978 video game Space Invaders throughout Miami.
No place is safe.
Not a MetroRail station in downtown. Not a park in South Beach.
And on Thursday, Aug. 23 Invader will launch a weather balloon somewhere north of Miami, equipped with a camera and a GPS, which will drift around shooting a Space Invaders silhouette against the landscape. The film will be retrieved and published in a book together with photos of Invader's other Miami works.
In the meantime, be on the lookout for the Invader mosaics like the ones pictured below. If you find one, share it with us for a chance to win a cool prize. (We can't tell you yet what the prize is, because, just like the street art, it's a surprise.)
Once you have spotted a mosaic Invader, snap a photo, include the location in the text, and either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or Tweet it to us @Miamicom using the hashtag #InvaderMiami.
Good luck out there.
On Our Radar
- A look at Pitbull's style evolution
- The 5 most affordable ways to get around South Beach
- Draya Michele debuts Mint Swim collection in Miami, shows off curves at the beach
- What Adrienne Bailon wears to the beach
- Carlos Ponce: I would never run for president
- Emma Roberts: I need to visit Miami more often
- Pitbull makes Miami look good in 'Sexy Beaches' video
- 7 cool booths to visit at Agenda Miami
- 5 ways Colombians in Miami celebrated their independence day
- 5 Things We Loved at Premios Juventud