Have you seen Invader in Miami? Share your pic when you've spotted one
Popular street artist brings mosaic Space Invaders characters to Miami
The invasion has arrived.
Starting last week and continuing throughout this month the popular street artist Invader will be pasting up his square mosaic tiles that display characters inspired from the popular 1978 video game Space Invaders throughout Miami.
No place is safe.
Not a MetroRail station in downtown. Not a park in South Beach.
And on Thursday, Aug. 23 Invader will launch a weather balloon somewhere north of Miami, equipped with a camera and a GPS, which will drift around shooting a Space Invaders silhouette against the landscape. The film will be retrieved and published in a book together with photos of Invader's other Miami works.
In the meantime, be on the lookout for the Invader mosaics like the ones pictured below. If you find one, share it with us for a chance to win a cool prize. (We can't tell you yet what the prize is, because, just like the street art, it's a surprise.)
Once you have spotted a mosaic Invader, snap a photo, include the location in the text, and either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or Tweet it to us @Miamicom using the hashtag #InvaderMiami.
Good luck out there.
On Our Radar
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision
- 5 things to know about 2 Chainz