Have you seen Invader in Miami? Share your pic when you've spotted one
Popular street artist brings mosaic Space Invaders characters to Miami
The invasion has arrived.
Starting last week and continuing throughout this month the popular street artist Invader will be pasting up his square mosaic tiles that display characters inspired from the popular 1978 video game Space Invaders throughout Miami.
No place is safe.
Not a MetroRail station in downtown. Not a park in South Beach.
And on Thursday, Aug. 23 Invader will launch a weather balloon somewhere north of Miami, equipped with a camera and a GPS, which will drift around shooting a Space Invaders silhouette against the landscape. The film will be retrieved and published in a book together with photos of Invader's other Miami works.
In the meantime, be on the lookout for the Invader mosaics like the ones pictured below. If you find one, share it with us for a chance to win a cool prize. (We can't tell you yet what the prize is, because, just like the street art, it's a surprise.)
Once you have spotted a mosaic Invader, snap a photo, include the location in the text, and either email it to email@example.com or Tweet it to us @Miamicom using the hashtag #InvaderMiami.
Good luck out there.
On Our Radar
- Fort Lauderdale's Fish Tank Kings returns
- Wild and crazy guy: Steve O in town for shows
- Ben & Jerry’s Free Ice Cream Tasting
- Tax day cometh! Flo Rida pays his bill
- Joanna Krupa puts apartment up for sale
- Former 'Queer Eye' designer Thom Filicia lends his touch to new condo in Edgewater
- Key West company featured on 'The Profit'
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs
- George Lopez talks 'Saint George' and 'Rio 2'
- Old Spice Guy Isaiah Mustafa spreads the love