Havaianas hosts an installation by Kolkoz
Beach will look like moon
Calling all flip flop lovers! Havaianas is teaming up with Art Basel to host a series of soccer games…that will be played on the moon (yes!). Designed by the French art duo Kolkoz, the beach will be transformed to replicate the lunar landing site of Apollo 11.
Over three days, four teams consisting of artists, collectors, curators, art critics, and gallerists will compete with each other on the sandy art installation to raise awareness for pollution and erosion of the beaches. Every guest will receive a pair of the “Traditional” Havaianas flip-flops and the art world’s chicest “soccer players” will be wearing branded uniforms.
Location: Miami Collins Park between 21st and 22nd Street on the beach (in front of the Bass Museum between the W Hotel and the Setaï). Open to Public Viewings: December 6th- 8th from 11am-6pm daily Tournaments: Open to public from December 6th-8th beginning at 4pm.The event is curated by Anissa Touati and presented by Galerie Perrotin.
On Our Radar
- Actor named honorary president of Miami Fashion Week
- Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie coming to Art Basel?
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.
- Recap: Miami.com Experience - Pop-Up Dinner at Bocce with Sugarcane
- Tiger Woods' ex holds dinner in Palm Beach
- Jamaican pop star OMI at club opening