Havaianas hosts an installation by Kolkoz
Beach will look like moon
Calling all flip flop lovers! Havaianas is teaming up with Art Basel to host a series of soccer games…that will be played on the moon (yes!). Designed by the French art duo Kolkoz, the beach will be transformed to replicate the lunar landing site of Apollo 11.
Over three days, four teams consisting of artists, collectors, curators, art critics, and gallerists will compete with each other on the sandy art installation to raise awareness for pollution and erosion of the beaches. Every guest will receive a pair of the “Traditional” Havaianas flip-flops and the art world’s chicest “soccer players” will be wearing branded uniforms.
Location: Miami Collins Park between 21st and 22nd Street on the beach (in front of the Bass Museum between the W Hotel and the Setaï). Open to Public Viewings: December 6th- 8th from 11am-6pm daily Tournaments: Open to public from December 6th-8th beginning at 4pm.The event is curated by Anissa Touati and presented by Galerie Perrotin.
On Our Radar
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision
- 5 things to know about 2 Chainz