The wait is over for Masquerade Motel with Swedish House Mafia
Tickets came and went for the highly anticipated house music party.
There's no shortage of amazing parties to attend during the 10-day sonic blitz of Winter Music Conference this year - in fact, there are hundreds of great events to choose from. But one night you can confidently call "can't miss" is the Swedish House Mafia's Masquerade Motel Miami, which has quickly become the stuff of legend after only one year.
SHM - which is composed of DJs Axwell, Steve Angello and Sebastian Ingrosso, all of whom perform fairly regularly at Miami clubs including Wall, LIV and Space - embodies the nightlife philosophy expressed so eloquently by LMFAO: "Party rock!"
But party rock won't be in the house on March 23, because this year's Masquerade Motel is outdoors, from 3-11 p.m. at the sprawling Haulover Beach Park (way north, at 108th and Collins, in direct competition with the three-day Ultra Music Fest, which kicks off that night as well). If ever there were a time to get bats--t crazy, this is it: The triple-DJ threat behind the decks will be pumping throw-your-hands-in-the-air house music anthems all night, with surprise guest DJs to be announced very soon.
Check back with Miami.com for information on all the guest DJs, when tickets go on sale, and more inside scoops about the hottest beach party of the year!
Check www.masquerademotel.com for updates.
This just in- Tickets went on sale this morning (2/17) at 10am and already SOLD OUT! Yeap, I'd say try searching elsewhere because these coveted SHM tickets went just as quickly as they came. In addition to a new line-up (that is still under secrecy), there's a new location (something to do with permits). This year Masquerade Motel will be taking place in Downtown at Grand Central Park (the space where the old Miami Arena was located, 679 North Miami Ave.). In my opinion this is a much better location and you will be in the heart of all the action.
Keep checking back for a complete line-up and more details to come.
- db Bistro Moderne Serves Up Art You Can Drink
- Summer in the city: DBGB, boozy fundraisers and bikini contests
- Go Drink This: Aperol Spritz
- Woodchuck Transforms The Annex in Wynwood into a Big Top for Gumption Cider Launch
- Go Drink This: Banjan Groove
- New Patrón lets you step up your Cinco de Mayo game
- Nahko and Medicine for the People at Grand Central, Dance Band Night, Electric Piquete & Buck 15 Redux
- Cinco de Mayo Parties in Miami and South Florida
- Fight nights, Derby days, comedy & Cinco de Mayo
- Oculto Manor transforms Soho Studios into fun-house of secrets