Harry's Pizzeria in Miami hosts pop-up, rolls out daily specials
Critically acclaimed chef Matt McCallister of FT33 in Dallas cooks at Harry's on Tuesday, July 1.
The popular pop-up series at Harry's Pizzeria by Michael Schwartz returns Tuesday with Dallas chef Matt McCallister of FT33.
McCallister holds a coveted five stars from the Dallas Morning News, where critic Leslie Brenner describes his cuisine as "New Nordic-style naturalist" and him as "one of the most talented young chefs working in the country today."
McCallister's pop-up menu at Harry's includes chicken liver mousse on toast, roasted baby carrots, smoked summer squash, grilled okra, ricotta gnocchi, whole roasted fish, sorghum-glazed peaches and, of course, pizza. The price is $150 a person, which covers tax, tip and a special to-go goodie. Tickets are available here.
Harry's chef de cuisine Steven Martin, meanwhile, recently rolled out a new lineup of daily dinner specials:
Monday: Roasted eggplant with stewed tomatoes, farro, gremolata, feta
Tuesday: Braised beef cheeks with English peas, pancetta, herbs, lemon, creme fraiche
Wednesday: Slow-roasted pork with lemon, rosemary, cucumber salad, chile vinaigrette
Thursday: Roasted half chicken with salsa verde, fennel slaw
Friday: Roasted local fish with chickpeas, lemon aioli, chermoula
Saturday: Chicken Milanese with escarole salad, chiles, herbs, capers
Sunday: Braised lamb leg with kumquat chutney, fregola salad
- Michelle Bernstein taps Steven Rojas as Seagrape's chef de cuisine
- Esquire's new restaurant guru is a Miami homeboy
- Alicia Silverstone talks Moby, vegan food and Miami's Seed Festival
- The List: Michael Mina's Miami restaurant picks
- Cvi.Che 105 set to open in South Beach
- 50 Eggs guest chef dinner features Macchialina's Michael Pirolo
- Michael Mina's Stripsteak opening next month in Fontainebleau Miami Beach
- Harry's Pizzeria to open in Coconut Grove
- Joe's Stone Crab, Prime 112 among top-grossing U.S. restaurants
- Chef Katsuya Uechi hosts pop-up dinner at the SLS South Beach