Harry's Pizzeria in Miami hosts pop-up, rolls out daily specials
Critically acclaimed chef Matt McCallister of FT33 in Dallas cooks at Harry's on Tuesday, July 1.
The popular pop-up series at Harry's Pizzeria by Michael Schwartz returns Tuesday with Dallas chef Matt McCallister of FT33.
McCallister holds a coveted five stars from the Dallas Morning News, where critic Leslie Brenner describes his cuisine as "New Nordic-style naturalist" and him as "one of the most talented young chefs working in the country today."
McCallister's pop-up menu at Harry's includes chicken liver mousse on toast, roasted baby carrots, smoked summer squash, grilled okra, ricotta gnocchi, whole roasted fish, sorghum-glazed peaches and, of course, pizza. The price is $150 a person, which covers tax, tip and a special to-go goodie. Tickets are available here.
Harry's chef de cuisine Steven Martin, meanwhile, recently rolled out a new lineup of daily dinner specials:
Monday: Roasted eggplant with stewed tomatoes, farro, gremolata, feta
Tuesday: Braised beef cheeks with English peas, pancetta, herbs, lemon, creme fraiche
Wednesday: Slow-roasted pork with lemon, rosemary, cucumber salad, chile vinaigrette
Thursday: Roasted half chicken with salsa verde, fennel slaw
Friday: Roasted local fish with chickpeas, lemon aioli, chermoula
Saturday: Chicken Milanese with escarole salad, chiles, herbs, capers
Sunday: Braised lamb leg with kumquat chutney, fregola salad
- President Hello Kitty? She's got cookies to convince you
- South Beach Seafood Festival 2016 highlights top seafood chefs, restaurants
- Get yours: stone crab season starts Saturday
- Is this the best black-owned food truck in South Florida?
- Food just got a lot better at Heat's American Airlines Arena
- Luke's Diner will be a real place Wednesday. Here's where to get free coffee:
- Poke, not sushi, is what's cool in Miami. Yelp helps us find it
- What Zika? Governor visits Wynwood to promote dining event
- Where to eat great food, drink great wine and beer — and raise money
- Why the Hungry Black Man makes juice bar his pick of the week