Harry's Pizzeria in Miami hosts pop-up, rolls out daily specials
Critically acclaimed chef Matt McCallister of FT33 in Dallas cooks at Harry's on Tuesday, July 1.
The popular pop-up series at Harry's Pizzeria by Michael Schwartz returns Tuesday with Dallas chef Matt McCallister of FT33.
McCallister holds a coveted five stars from the Dallas Morning News, where critic Leslie Brenner describes his cuisine as "New Nordic-style naturalist" and him as "one of the most talented young chefs working in the country today."
McCallister's pop-up menu at Harry's includes chicken liver mousse on toast, roasted baby carrots, smoked summer squash, grilled okra, ricotta gnocchi, whole roasted fish, sorghum-glazed peaches and, of course, pizza. The price is $150 a person, which covers tax, tip and a special to-go goodie. Tickets are available here.
Harry's chef de cuisine Steven Martin, meanwhile, recently rolled out a new lineup of daily dinner specials:
Monday: Roasted eggplant with stewed tomatoes, farro, gremolata, feta
Tuesday: Braised beef cheeks with English peas, pancetta, herbs, lemon, creme fraiche
Wednesday: Slow-roasted pork with lemon, rosemary, cucumber salad, chile vinaigrette
Thursday: Roasted half chicken with salsa verde, fennel slaw
Friday: Roasted local fish with chickpeas, lemon aioli, chermoula
Saturday: Chicken Milanese with escarole salad, chiles, herbs, capers
Sunday: Braised lamb leg with kumquat chutney, fregola salad
- River Seafood & Oyster Bar to move down the Miami River
- Pubbelly Boys to close PB Steak in Miami Beach
- St. Louis-based Pi Pizzeria opening this year in South Beach
- What's the Best? 5 Great Carpaccios
- New-look AltaMare toasts summer with a new happy hour
- Jumbo's closes after 59-year run in Miami's Liberty City
- Ho Wang closes in Surfside; kosher BBQ joint to take its place
- The List: Eating around Miami with Tongue & Cheek's Jamie DeRosa
- Big shucking scallops at Oceanaire in Miami this weekend
- Treat yourself to Sushi Samba & a movie July 22