Harry's Pizzeria in Miami hosts pop-up, rolls out daily specials
Critically acclaimed chef Matt McCallister of FT33 in Dallas cooks at Harry's on Tuesday, July 1.
The popular pop-up series at Harry's Pizzeria by Michael Schwartz returns Tuesday with Dallas chef Matt McCallister of FT33.
McCallister holds a coveted five stars from the Dallas Morning News, where critic Leslie Brenner describes his cuisine as "New Nordic-style naturalist" and him as "one of the most talented young chefs working in the country today."
McCallister's pop-up menu at Harry's includes chicken liver mousse on toast, roasted baby carrots, smoked summer squash, grilled okra, ricotta gnocchi, whole roasted fish, sorghum-glazed peaches and, of course, pizza. The price is $150 a person, which covers tax, tip and a special to-go goodie. Tickets are available here.
Harry's chef de cuisine Steven Martin, meanwhile, recently rolled out a new lineup of daily dinner specials:
Monday: Roasted eggplant with stewed tomatoes, farro, gremolata, feta
Tuesday: Braised beef cheeks with English peas, pancetta, herbs, lemon, creme fraiche
Wednesday: Slow-roasted pork with lemon, rosemary, cucumber salad, chile vinaigrette
Thursday: Roasted half chicken with salsa verde, fennel slaw
Friday: Roasted local fish with chickpeas, lemon aioli, chermoula
Saturday: Chicken Milanese with escarole salad, chiles, herbs, capers
Sunday: Braised lamb leg with kumquat chutney, fregola salad
- Kuro Japanese restaurant to open at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- The List: Mignonette and Blue Collar chef-owner Danny Serfer
- Beefed-up seafood menu at Steak 954
- New chef, hot-stone concept at Seasalt & Pepper
- NY-based Quality Meats to open Miami Beach steakhouse
- Miami's rising culinary stars: 30 Under 30
- Michelle Bernstein to pop up at Art Basel 2014
- The List: Rocco's Tacos' Rocco Mangel
- For Michael Mina's ninja-chef, freaking out is not an option
- Thanksgiving 2014: South Florida Dining Guide