Harlem Gospel Choir
ArtsPark brings world-famous group to Miramar Cultural Center
Harlem Gospel Choir
Saturday, Feb. 9, 2013
The Miramar Cultural Center | Arts Park
2400 Civic Center Place on Red Rd
$35, $40 and $45
The very idea of church may conjure up yawns from many people whose spiritual flashbacks include boring sermons, prayers that went on without end and songs led by over age choir directors who were off pitch. But for some who were lucky enough to attend a good church with a great choir, church is reminiscent of voluptuous ladies jiggling to an infectious beat and toe-tapping sermons that were met with congregation members hollering "halleluiah," "praise God" and "oh yes, Jesus." Then, there are the church fans and the church hats. See, for some, church wasn't just about God, it was about about pure and good entertainment.
On Feb. 9, the Harlem Gospel Choir will perform at the Miramar Cultural Center | ArtsPark at 8 p.m.. The world-famous group is comprised of top-notch singers and musicians from a variety of churches in the Harlem, N.Y. area. The Harlem Gospel Choir, which has been around for more than 26 years, has performed with celebrities such as John Legend, U2, Diana Ross, and has appeared on Good Morning America, The Late Show with David Letterman, The Oprah Winfrey Show and many more.
The saying goes, you don't have to be a believer to enjoy The Harlem Choir. You just have to be prepared to be moved by the music.
- Miami Soul 2016 Black History Month events and celebrations around South Florida
- Miami Soul: Florida Memorial University's Homecoming lineup featuring T.I. in concert, tailgating, and more
- Miami International Boat Show celebrates 75th Anniversary bigger & better February 11-15
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Live jazz, beer tastings, and other things to do in South Florida Jan 28 - Jan 31
- GastroWars Knife-Fight Competition & Craft Beer Pairings
- Martin Luther King, Jr Day celebration events and Day of Service projects throughout South Florida
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Zo's Winter Groove, Big Night in Little Haiti, Wine & Reggae Festival and more
- Florida Grand Opera debuts rarely-performed opera, Bellini’s Norma
- iPic Theaters opens in North Miami Beach for luxury movie going experience
- Funk Fest kicks off the New Year with live performances by Fantasia, New Edition, Doug E. Fresh and more