Harlem Gospel Choir
ArtsPark brings world-famous group to Miramar Cultural Center
Harlem Gospel Choir
Saturday, Feb. 9, 2013
The Miramar Cultural Center | Arts Park
2400 Civic Center Place on Red Rd
$35, $40 and $45
The very idea of church may conjure up yawns from many people whose spiritual flashbacks include boring sermons, prayers that went on without end and songs led by over age choir directors who were off pitch. But for some who were lucky enough to attend a good church with a great choir, church is reminiscent of voluptuous ladies jiggling to an infectious beat and toe-tapping sermons that were met with congregation members hollering "halleluiah," "praise God" and "oh yes, Jesus." Then, there are the church fans and the church hats. See, for some, church wasn't just about God, it was about about pure and good entertainment.
On Feb. 9, the Harlem Gospel Choir will perform at the Miramar Cultural Center | ArtsPark at 8 p.m.. The world-famous group is comprised of top-notch singers and musicians from a variety of churches in the Harlem, N.Y. area. The Harlem Gospel Choir, which has been around for more than 26 years, has performed with celebrities such as John Legend, U2, Diana Ross, and has appeared on Good Morning America, The Late Show with David Letterman, The Oprah Winfrey Show and many more.
The saying goes, you don't have to be a believer to enjoy The Harlem Choir. You just have to be prepared to be moved by the music.
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Colors of the Caribbean, Big Night in Little Haiti featuring Akoustik Band, and more
- Taste of the Caribbean 2015: A Showcase of Caribbean Cuisine
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Juneteenth Food & Music Festival, Greek Cookout, Deltas After Dark, and more
- Miami Soul: Caribbean-American Heritage Month Events Around South Florida
- Miami Soul weekend guide: CAT's Corner: A Jazz Fusion Experience, Que Boogaloo, All White Yacht Party and more
- Miami Soul: Live Jazz Spots Around Miami
- Miami Soul Memorial Day weekend guide: PAMM Memorial Day BBQ, Palm Beach Jerk & Caribbean Culture Festival, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Kinfolks SoulFood Music Festival and other events around South Florida
- Haitian Heritage Cultural Month Celebrations Around South Florida
- Miami Soul weekend guide: RonDayVu Day Party, Taste the Islands, Wireless Headphone Party Experience, and more