Harlem Gospel Choir
ArtsPark brings world-famous group to Miramar Cultural Center
Harlem Gospel Choir
Saturday, Feb. 9, 2013
The Miramar Cultural Center | Arts Park
2400 Civic Center Place on Red Rd
$35, $40 and $45
The very idea of church may conjure up yawns from many people whose spiritual flashbacks include boring sermons, prayers that went on without end and songs led by over age choir directors who were off pitch. But for some who were lucky enough to attend a good church with a great choir, church is reminiscent of voluptuous ladies jiggling to an infectious beat and toe-tapping sermons that were met with congregation members hollering "halleluiah," "praise God" and "oh yes, Jesus." Then, there are the church fans and the church hats. See, for some, church wasn't just about God, it was about about pure and good entertainment.
On Feb. 9, the Harlem Gospel Choir will perform at the Miramar Cultural Center | ArtsPark at 8 p.m.. The world-famous group is comprised of top-notch singers and musicians from a variety of churches in the Harlem, N.Y. area. The Harlem Gospel Choir, which has been around for more than 26 years, has performed with celebrities such as John Legend, U2, Diana Ross, and has appeared on Good Morning America, The Late Show with David Letterman, The Oprah Winfrey Show and many more.
The saying goes, you don't have to be a believer to enjoy The Harlem Choir. You just have to be prepared to be moved by the music.
- Four popular spots around Miami you didn’t know were black-owned
- Jazz in the Gardens Foodie-Focus event serves up the best of the festival's Food Village
- Love Life and the 411: Scandal watch party Thursday, plenty of Flow on Friday
- Noire Miami's food, music, and wine weekend edition
- Love, Life, and the 411 - Soldiers of Love
- Love, Life, and the 411: Week of Feb 7th
- Noire Miami's Pre-Valentine's Day and First Friday events to do this weekend in South Florida
- Love, Life & the 411: Where to party for the Super Bowl
- Noire Miami's Ultimate 2014 Black History Month guide of events throughout South Florida
- Miami Dolphins veteran player Chris Chambers presents “Strikes For Scholarships” with celebrity friends