Harlem Gospel Choir
ArtsPark brings world-famous group to Miramar Cultural Center
Harlem Gospel Choir
Saturday, Feb. 9, 2013
The Miramar Cultural Center | Arts Park
2400 Civic Center Place on Red Rd
$35, $40 and $45
The very idea of church may conjure up yawns from many people whose spiritual flashbacks include boring sermons, prayers that went on without end and songs led by over age choir directors who were off pitch. But for some who were lucky enough to attend a good church with a great choir, church is reminiscent of voluptuous ladies jiggling to an infectious beat and toe-tapping sermons that were met with congregation members hollering "halleluiah," "praise God" and "oh yes, Jesus." Then, there are the church fans and the church hats. See, for some, church wasn't just about God, it was about about pure and good entertainment.
On Feb. 9, the Harlem Gospel Choir will perform at the Miramar Cultural Center | ArtsPark at 8 p.m.. The world-famous group is comprised of top-notch singers and musicians from a variety of churches in the Harlem, N.Y. area. The Harlem Gospel Choir, which has been around for more than 26 years, has performed with celebrities such as John Legend, U2, Diana Ross, and has appeared on Good Morning America, The Late Show with David Letterman, The Oprah Winfrey Show and many more.
The saying goes, you don't have to be a believer to enjoy The Harlem Choir. You just have to be prepared to be moved by the music.
- Alonzo Mourning's Inaugural Zo's Winter Groove
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Tis the season for holiday parties
- Miami Soul on the Scene: Diner En Blanc's Miami Debut
- Miami Soul on the Scene: Remy Rendezvous Art Basel yacht party
- Miami Soul Ultimate Black Basel Guide - Part 2: The party guide for Art Basel 2014
- Miami Soul Ultimate Black Basel Guide - Part 1: Soul Basel, Art Africa, Fusion MIA, and more at Art Basel 2014
- Miami Soul: Ultra chic pop-up dining, Diner en Blanc, makes Miami debut
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Miami Reggae Fest, The Reggae Social, and more events
- 3rd Annual Art of Transformation: A series of artistic events celebrating the revitalization of Opa-locka
- Miami Soul on the Scene: Oprah's The Life You Want weekend & Covergirl Breakfast Power Meetup