Harlem Gospel Choir
ArtsPark brings world-famous group to Miramar Cultural Center
Harlem Gospel Choir
Saturday, Feb. 9, 2013
The Miramar Cultural Center | Arts Park
2400 Civic Center Place on Red Rd
$35, $40 and $45
The very idea of church may conjure up yawns from many people whose spiritual flashbacks include boring sermons, prayers that went on without end and songs led by over age choir directors who were off pitch. But for some who were lucky enough to attend a good church with a great choir, church is reminiscent of voluptuous ladies jiggling to an infectious beat and toe-tapping sermons that were met with congregation members hollering "halleluiah," "praise God" and "oh yes, Jesus." Then, there are the church fans and the church hats. See, for some, church wasn't just about God, it was about about pure and good entertainment.
On Feb. 9, the Harlem Gospel Choir will perform at the Miramar Cultural Center | ArtsPark at 8 p.m.. The world-famous group is comprised of top-notch singers and musicians from a variety of churches in the Harlem, N.Y. area. The Harlem Gospel Choir, which has been around for more than 26 years, has performed with celebrities such as John Legend, U2, Diana Ross, and has appeared on Good Morning America, The Late Show with David Letterman, The Oprah Winfrey Show and many more.
The saying goes, you don't have to be a believer to enjoy The Harlem Choir. You just have to be prepared to be moved by the music.
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Questlove spin session, Florida Derby fancy hat brunch, Spoken Soul, and more
- Miami Soul: Pre-Jazz in the Gardens weekend guide
- Miami Soul: R. Kelly, Toni Braxton, Maxwell, & Erykah Badu Headline 10th Annual Jazz in the Gardens
- Miami Soul Going Out Guide: Our Family Dinner, The Color Purple stage play, Redman & Talib Kweli live, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Women's Innovation Brunch, Carib Film Fest, Delta Sigma Theta Red Shoe Luncheon, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Ankara Miami African Fashion Week, Alvin Ailey Dance Theater, Big Night in Little Haiti, and more
- Techies, Innovators Converge in Miami for Black Tech Week February 23 - 28
- Miami Soul weekend guide: 9 Mile Music Festival, Jazz & Love Concert, Purvis Young Opening Reception, and more
- Miami Soul: Black History Month 2015 Celebrations around South Florida
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Super Bowl weekend fun