Harlem Gospel Choir
ArtsPark brings world-famous group to Miramar Cultural Center
Harlem Gospel Choir
Saturday, Feb. 9, 2013
The Miramar Cultural Center | Arts Park
2400 Civic Center Place on Red Rd
$35, $40 and $45
The very idea of church may conjure up yawns from many people whose spiritual flashbacks include boring sermons, prayers that went on without end and songs led by over age choir directors who were off pitch. But for some who were lucky enough to attend a good church with a great choir, church is reminiscent of voluptuous ladies jiggling to an infectious beat and toe-tapping sermons that were met with congregation members hollering "halleluiah," "praise God" and "oh yes, Jesus." Then, there are the church fans and the church hats. See, for some, church wasn't just about God, it was about about pure and good entertainment.
On Feb. 9, the Harlem Gospel Choir will perform at the Miramar Cultural Center | ArtsPark at 8 p.m.. The world-famous group is comprised of top-notch singers and musicians from a variety of churches in the Harlem, N.Y. area. The Harlem Gospel Choir, which has been around for more than 26 years, has performed with celebrities such as John Legend, U2, Diana Ross, and has appeared on Good Morning America, The Late Show with David Letterman, The Oprah Winfrey Show and many more.
The saying goes, you don't have to be a believer to enjoy The Harlem Choir. You just have to be prepared to be moved by the music.
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Raheem Devaughn live, RonDAYvu Day Party, Big Night in Little Haiti, and more
- Miami Broward Carnival weekend guide
- Diddy's REVOLT Music Conference takes over Miami
- Miami Soul on the Scene: Private Concert by Flo Rida
- Miami Soul feature: Local black fashion designers to know
- First Annual Little Haiti Community Fest
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Anthony Hamilton & Chrisette Michele performing live, Soul Centric Miami
- Miami Soul weekend guide: The Family Dinner II, Talib Kweli performing live, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: FAMU Rattler Reunion Weekend, South Florida Youth Summit, and more
- Five things to do this Labor Day Weekend: Miami Ques Day Party, RonDayVu Day Party and more