Harlem Globetrotters star Special K doing the rounds
He's a mover and shaker
Miami Heat, who? There are other basketball players to think about — the Harlem Globetrotters blew into town Sunday at AmericanAirlines Arena.
The star of the show? Special K, aka Kevin Daley, is like LeBron James, D-Wade and Chris Bosh rolled into one.
K's favorite move? “I love the half-court hook shot,” said K, who holds the Guinness World Record at 46.6 feet, made at the NBA All-Star Jam Session in his current hometown of Dallas in February 2010.
K, a native of Panama, was a big fan of the guys growing up but never saw them play live. You could say he loves his job, which is part theater, part sport. “My greatest trick by far is making people smile,” says the showman who also appeared at Miami Children's Museum for Dr Seuss' birthday.
“I like bringing joy to people worldwide even with a language barrier."
Yep, basketball is universal.
On Our Radar
- Jose Fernandez fans get a chance to say goodbye today
- Miami mourns the loss of Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez
- Shane Battier and his annual Battioke brings out NBA stars
- Barbara Streisand coming to Miami area before the holidays
- Moet bottle made just for Miami champagne lovers
- Khloe Kardashian shows off her new boyfriend in Miami
- Kim Kardashian's midnight tanning session in Miami
- 'Selma' star David Oyelowo in Miami
- Donald Trump and Kanye West to Cause Traffic Kerfuffle in Miami
- Vogue with Madonna at Art Basel