Harlem Globetrotters star Special K doing the rounds
He's a mover and shaker
Miami Heat, who? There are other basketball players to think about — the Harlem Globetrotters blew into town Sunday at AmericanAirlines Arena.
The star of the show? Special K, aka Kevin Daley, is like LeBron James, D-Wade and Chris Bosh rolled into one.
K's favorite move? “I love the half-court hook shot,” said K, who holds the Guinness World Record at 46.6 feet, made at the NBA All-Star Jam Session in his current hometown of Dallas in February 2010.
K, a native of Panama, was a big fan of the guys growing up but never saw them play live. You could say he loves his job, which is part theater, part sport. “My greatest trick by far is making people smile,” says the showman who also appeared at Miami Children's Museum for Dr Seuss' birthday.
“I like bringing joy to people worldwide even with a language barrier."
Yep, basketball is universal.
On Our Radar
- Talking to Ana Maria in Novela Land star
- Chazz Palminteri tells his 'Bronx Tale'
- Athletes seen partying in Miami
- Is Miami Heat star Chris Bosh OK?
- Latin stars come together for Premios Lo Nuestro
- William Levy front and center at rum event
- Diana Nyad to re-create famous swim on stage
- Report: Rapper Vanilla Ice arrested
- Emeril Lagasse talks food, milestones and Florida
- Wyclef Jean, Barry Gibb among performers at Miami Beach centennial concert