Harlem Globetrotters star Special K doing the rounds
He's a mover and shaker
Miami Heat, who? There are other basketball players to think about — the Harlem Globetrotters blew into town Sunday at AmericanAirlines Arena.
The star of the show? Special K, aka Kevin Daley, is like LeBron James, D-Wade and Chris Bosh rolled into one.
K's favorite move? “I love the half-court hook shot,” said K, who holds the Guinness World Record at 46.6 feet, made at the NBA All-Star Jam Session in his current hometown of Dallas in February 2010.
K, a native of Panama, was a big fan of the guys growing up but never saw them play live. You could say he loves his job, which is part theater, part sport. “My greatest trick by far is making people smile,” says the showman who also appeared at Miami Children's Museum for Dr Seuss' birthday.
“I like bringing joy to people worldwide even with a language barrier."
Yep, basketball is universal.
On Our Radar
- Christina Milian models in Miami Beach
- What's up with Ryan Tannehill's mega contract?
- Instacart: An easier way to get groceries?
- Tony Romo eats his way through Miami
- Phil Collins in town
- Adrian Grenier guest of honor at magazine party
- Kings of Chaos at Hard Rock Live
- Joe Pepitone biopic penned by local screenwriters
- Talking to Beyonce's fitness guru Marco Borges
- Condo dwellers affected by Jonah Hill movie