Happy Hour: The Grill on the Alley
You like half-price bar deals? Want specials running until 8 p.m. on weeknights and until 6 p.m. on the weekend? Time to head to Aventura.
By Adam Beasley
The Vibe: Whether you’re closing a deal at a late power lunch, needing a drink after a long shopping bender or just bending the elbow before catching a movie, this L.A.-based steak and seafood house fits the bill. Open less than a year and modeled after pre-War New York grills, TGOTA has quickly built up a roster of regulars with its marble bar tops, images of ’60s icons hanging from the walls and Sinatra on the stereo. Oh yeah, the food ain’t bad either.
Prices/Deals: You like half-price? You’ve got half-price. The drink specials at the Grill are nearly unheard of for a steakhouse. Beers for $3.50. Wine at a reduced price. And $7 cocktails. But the real value? It’s the food. Everything’s under $5, including lump crab cakes, macaroni and cheese and ahi tuna sashimi. And unlike a lot of places, happy hour is in actuality happy evening – and weekend. The specials run 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 11:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
Scene: For the better part of 25 years, Hollywood insiders have conducted business at the original Grill in Beverly Hills. Among its patrons: Spielberg, Geffen, Diller and Katzenberg, to name a few. While Aventura doesn’t quite have that cache, Hollywood types have been known to drop by the East Coast version while in town. Local moguls like real estate king Steven Posner, who essentially runs his empire from a barstool, have followed L.A.’s lead. Dress nice.
The Grill on the Alley, 19575 Biscayne Blvd., Aventura; (305) 466-7195
- Railroad Blues boasts weekend lineup of local musicians
- Velvet Underground: Complimentary wine for women at (petit) Miami and Cat Shell performs at the W South Beach
- All-star team brings 'Sweet Liberty Drink and Supply Company' to South Beach in December
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - September 5 - 7
- Go Drink This: White Cosmo
- Velvet Underground: Dine in style with chef Aaron Dreilinger and Brick House launches throwback dance party series
- Ultra Music Festival bans minors
- Go Drink This: Bellini at Cipriani Miami
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - August 29 - 31
- Miami Labor Day Weekend Party Guide