Happy Hour: Smith & Wollensky
Head to this Miami Beach steakhouse and enjoy the water view, tasty bar bites and a solid happy hour scene.
By Adam Beasley
The Vibe: It’s not clear what’s the bigger draw at this New York-originated steakhouse, the food or the view. Set on the tip of recently reopened South Pointe Park, patrons enjoy cocktails while watching cruise ship lumber through Government Cut. The outdoor seating is literally waterfront. The view of Fisher Island is as close to the enclave as many of us will ever get.
Prices/Deals: General Manager Henry Delgado likes to say “It’s always Happy Hour,” which really means it’s never really Happy Hour. Prices don’t change, regardless of the day of the week. Still, the outside bar is packed on Friday afternoons, with people happy to lay down $8 for a beer or $13 for a mixed drink. If you have the chance, try the Mojito, priced at $11.
The Scene: Smith & Wollensky likes to think of its Friday afternoon clientele as a South Beach version of Cheers. Except nobody looks like Cliff or Norm. Young professionals roll in wearing polo shirts and loafers, sundresses and Christian Dior eyewear. “Ninety percent of our Friday night crowd, we’ll know on a first-name basis,” Delgado says.
Smith & Wollensky, 1 Washington Ave., Miami Beach, FL
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- SushiSamba celebrates Brazil's Carnaval on Lincoln Road and in Coral Gables on Tuesday night with live samba dancing, batucada drummers, DJs and specialty cocktails
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 28 - March 2
- Beloved South Beach DJ Mark Leventhal dies at 50 after nearly one month in the hospital
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Soulfrito Urban Latin Music Festival brings the top urban and Latin acts
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 21-23
- Velvet Underground: The Dead Rabbit pops up at Patpong Road, The Stage launches 3-2-1 Lounge, Chippendales extends its visit, and Eats N Beats in the Design District