Happy Hour: Smith & Wollensky
Head to this Miami Beach steakhouse and enjoy the water view, tasty bar bites and a solid happy hour scene.
By Adam Beasley
The Vibe: It’s not clear what’s the bigger draw at this New York-originated steakhouse, the food or the view. Set on the tip of recently reopened South Pointe Park, patrons enjoy cocktails while watching cruise ship lumber through Government Cut. The outdoor seating is literally waterfront. The view of Fisher Island is as close to the enclave as many of us will ever get.
Prices/Deals: General Manager Henry Delgado likes to say “It’s always Happy Hour,” which really means it’s never really Happy Hour. Prices don’t change, regardless of the day of the week. Still, the outside bar is packed on Friday afternoons, with people happy to lay down $8 for a beer or $13 for a mixed drink. If you have the chance, try the Mojito, priced at $11.
The Scene: Smith & Wollensky likes to think of its Friday afternoon clientele as a South Beach version of Cheers. Except nobody looks like Cliff or Norm. Young professionals roll in wearing polo shirts and loafers, sundresses and Christian Dior eyewear. “Ninety percent of our Friday night crowd, we’ll know on a first-name basis,” Delgado says.
Smith & Wollensky, 1 Washington Ave., Miami Beach, FL
- Prepare for a rum-soaked week as the Rum Renaissance Festival returns to Miami
- W South Beach Presents New W Speakerbox Concert Series
- Ultra Music Festival names retiring Miami Beach Police Chief Ray Martinez new security director
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 18 - 20
- Velvet Underground: Vinyl fever returns on Record Store Day, LA-based dark glam opera band 'Timur and the Dime Museum' plays for The Miami Light Project, and go retro with famed drag queen Elaine Lancaster at Miami Bingo Bash
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- MOVA Lounge hosts 5th annual Block Party for Miami Beach Gay Pride Festival
- Plans emerge to save Miami's oldest bar as owners announce sale of Tobacco Road
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 11 - 13
- Dita Von Teese takes it off for South Florida