Happy Hour: Club 50 @ Viceroy
Feel like you're on top of the world at this weekly happy hour in Brickell.
By Adam Beasley
The Vibe: Thursdays at Club 50, the swanky lounge atop the Viceroy, is far from your typical beer-and-wings afternoon getaway. Set, fittingly, 50 stories in the sky, lounge poolside on the outdoor patio, which gives a stunning view of South Beach to the east, Key Biscayne to the south and Brickell to the west.
Prices/Deals: Ambiance comes with a cost. While across the canal from South Beach, be prepared for Ocean Drive prices. Their Thursday “deals:” $10 premium drink specials, including Chopin Martinis, 10 Cane Mojitos and Glenmorangie Scotch. How about a Ruinart Champagne flute? Hope you’ve got Andrew Jackson in your money clip.
The Scene: Here’s where Club 50 really does it right. Friday through Wednesday, it’s off-limits to the public. To get in, you have to live or stay at the Viceroy, or be an invited guest. Thursdays, they open it up to the public, but you still need to get on the list. (RSVP is available at firstname.lastname@example.org). The clientele looks like something out of a Brooks Brother catalog. Power suits for men, sharp dresses for women. Said Clement Reid, of Blank Canvas Concepts: “We want the people who are at the top of the world of their industry to literally come to the top of the world when they relax.”
Tonight: Enjoy welcome cocktails from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. courtesy of Chopin Vodka. Happy Hour prices until 10 p.m. and sounds by DJ Manuvers. As always, Generation Cocktail benefits a charity, and this week it’s the Sobe Institute of the Arts
Club 50, 485 Brickell Ave., Miami
- Phase 1 of Ultra 2014 lineup announced
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Dec. 20 - 22
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Dec. 13 - 15
- Velvet Underground: The Cabaret South Beach opens this week, watch Olivia Newton John's Xanadu outdoors at the New World Center's SoundScape, and Jingle Bell Rock takes over Tobacco Road
- Abraxas Lounge on South Beach will close New Year's Eve
- Boy George takes over Miami for Art Basel
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Dec. 6 - 8
- Velvet Underground: The SLS retrofits iconic 'rubber ducky' for Art Basel, Chris Willis performs at the Eden Roc, and let it snow in Brickell
- Top live music events during Art Basel 2013
- Parties, cocktails, concerts and shoes to celebrate Art Basel