Happy Hour: Club 50 @ Viceroy
Feel like you're on top of the world at this weekly happy hour in Brickell.
By Adam Beasley
The Vibe: Thursdays at Club 50, the swanky lounge atop the Viceroy, is far from your typical beer-and-wings afternoon getaway. Set, fittingly, 50 stories in the sky, lounge poolside on the outdoor patio, which gives a stunning view of South Beach to the east, Key Biscayne to the south and Brickell to the west.
Prices/Deals: Ambiance comes with a cost. While across the canal from South Beach, be prepared for Ocean Drive prices. Their Thursday “deals:” $10 premium drink specials, including Chopin Martinis, 10 Cane Mojitos and Glenmorangie Scotch. How about a Ruinart Champagne flute? Hope you’ve got Andrew Jackson in your money clip.
The Scene: Here’s where Club 50 really does it right. Friday through Wednesday, it’s off-limits to the public. To get in, you have to live or stay at the Viceroy, or be an invited guest. Thursdays, they open it up to the public, but you still need to get on the list. (RSVP is available at firstname.lastname@example.org). The clientele looks like something out of a Brooks Brother catalog. Power suits for men, sharp dresses for women. Said Clement Reid, of Blank Canvas Concepts: “We want the people who are at the top of the world of their industry to literally come to the top of the world when they relax.”
Tonight: Enjoy welcome cocktails from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. courtesy of Chopin Vodka. Happy Hour prices until 10 p.m. and sounds by DJ Manuvers. As always, Generation Cocktail benefits a charity, and this week it’s the Sobe Institute of the Arts
Club 50, 485 Brickell Ave., Miami
- db Bistro Moderne Serves Up Art You Can Drink
- Summer in the city: DBGB, boozy fundraisers and bikini contests
- Go Drink This: Aperol Spritz
- Woodchuck Transforms The Annex in Wynwood into a Big Top for Gumption Cider Launch
- Go Drink This: Banjan Groove
- New Patrón lets you step up your Cinco de Mayo game
- Nahko and Medicine for the People at Grand Central, Dance Band Night, Electric Piquete & Buck 15 Redux
- Cinco de Mayo Parties in Miami and South Florida
- Fight nights, Derby days, comedy & Cinco de Mayo
- Oculto Manor transforms Soho Studios into fun-house of secrets