Hannah Davis is a one-model show at Salon Allure opening
Sports Illustrated swimsuit model does solo show with impressive video visuals
Salon Allure kicked off with its Opening Night Show Summer Silhouettes presented by Xtra Life Lycra Brand with a twist on the classic runway: one model - Hannah Davis of Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue fame - showing off an entire show’s worth of looks. To be featured in any runway during Swim Week is an incredible opportunity; to be the sole model for a runway show is unique.
Supermodel Davis made a number of quick changes to show off several different looks from designers like Le Swim and Barraca Chic while video projections showed off pre-recorded segments of Davis in the other designers' outfits. The visuals were impressive.
We caught up with Davis - rumored to be the girlfriend of New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter - backstage at the show held at the W South Beach hotel.
How did you first get into modeling?
“I was 14 and I was actually playing on the Carribbean tennis circuit when I met a few different people at tournaments. One was at IMG [modeling agency], another was at Ford. Afterwards, I was interested in seeing what was going to happen with that. So I went to New York for the summer and I signed IMG."
What do you like most about modeling?
“I think the teams that I work with because I’ve been really fortunate to work with a lot of great people and I think it makes the job a lot more fun.”
What are your beauty secrets?
"What makes me feel the prettiest is a good tan, which you can get here in Miami. And a little mascara, some bronzer and moisturizer [helps]."
What do you like about Miami?
“The beach, the weather and [the fact] that you can be in shorts all year round. I’m from St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands, so it’s a similar lifestyle. So I feel a little closer to home.”
- Style Meets Social Good at Wine, Women & Shoes
- Fashion Week Comes to Coral Gables
- Fashion Shows kick off Miami Beach Centennial Celebration
- New York Fashion Week’s Beauty Trends Fit Miami’s Lifestyle
- Funkshion: Fashion Week Miami Beach Fall 2014
- Cotton’s 24 Hour Runway Show Returns to South Beach
- New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Top Trends
- Nicolita brings swim fashion to Versailles
- Swim Week Trend Report 2014
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week SWIM runway reviews - Day 4