Guide to the Yacht Show
Check out some of the newest superyachts for free at the Yacht and Brokerage show on Miami Beach this weekend.
By Fred Gonzalez
The 20th annual Yacht and Brokerage show is here from Feb. 14 –18 on Collins Ave. between 41st and 51st streets. The in-water only display covers more than 1.2 million square feet of space along Indian Creek waterway. Showcased are superyachts, sportfishing boats, family cruisers, express cruisers and ocean-going trawlers ranging from 30- to 160-feet in length worth from $250,000 to over $30 million.
When: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 14 through Sunday, Feb. 17. On Monday, Feb. 18, the hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Tickets: Admission is free. You heard correctly. No cost.
Eats: Floating cocktail barges provide food, drinks and live entertainment. While this isn’t free, the barges take cash and credit cards. Make sure to visit the 10 Cane Rum location.
Parking: Always a challenge during this event. There are paid parking lots on Collins Ave. and 64th Street and Collins Ave. and 85th Street with free shuttle service. Another option is to get to the Miami Beach Convention Center and hop on one of the free shuttles there. Shuttle service begins one hour before the show and runs continuously to one hour after the show closes on all show days.
Expert tip: Visitors can board a large number of the yachts. However, many yachts (including the superyachts) can only be boarded by appointment-only. Photos are allowed, but you need to ask the exhibit representative if photos from inside the yachts are allowed.
Don’t miss: The 135-foot Palmer Johnson "Dragon" yacht has a very unique exterior – it’s grey with accents of red. Vicem yachts, luxury motor yachts that are hand-crafted, will be making it's world debut of the V63 Sport Fisher. The 141-foot Ferretti Emerald Star, a $30.5 million superyacht, is considered the "Queen of the Show". And Fearless Yachts are designed by Porsche Design Studio and have a very unique style.
See and Do
- 10 things not to miss this week: Art, Marvel comics & freebie fun
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 25-27
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- Cinderella, robots, date night & Munchkin Fun's top 10 picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 18-20
- Overtown Music and Arts Festival 2014
- Ice cream parties, kids carnivals & Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 11-13
- Colombian mangoes will be the star at this weekend’s Mango Festival at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden