Halloween Costume Guide: Five quick ideas to make the party
You can dance like PSY or talk like Honey Boo Boo
Halloween is here and you still don't have a costume? And what you were thinking of getting from Party City has sold out? Not to worry. We have a few ideas for you so you can make an impression at the Halloween party of your choice.
Party like Deadmau5
Joel Thomas Zimmerman, better known as Deadmau5, is a music producer from Canada who is obsessed with electro house/progressive house/trance. He became known around the world for the light-weight mouse head with flickering neon lights and his fast beats. All you need is some mouse ears and you are all set.
Sing Gangnam Style like PSY
Gangnam Style is a Korean saying that alludes to the luxurious lifestyle of Gangnam, a district in Seoul. A music video with millions of hits on YouTube made South Korean singer Park Jae-Sang, better known as PSY, famous for shaking it in a way that no one has seen before. Just grab a pair of shades, slick your hair back and wear your cheesiest suit jacket (a trip to the Goodwill store may be in order).
Drink Go Go juice like Honey Boo Boo Child
Alana Thompson, better known as Honey Boo Boo, is the six-year-old little girl from Georgia who got famous for saying "a dolla makes me holla honey boo boo child." She has been in two reality shows: 'Toddlers & Tiaras', as a beauty queen, and 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' with her crazy mom June, her step-dad Sugar Bear, and her sisters Lauryn, Jessica and Anna. If you don't have a beauty queen dress, then grab a green soda bottle,fill it up with your favorite beverage, slap on a bunch of make-up and go around repeating the catch phrase.
Blood junkies: The Volturi from Twilight
The Volturi is a powerful clan of vampires who live in a medieval castle in Volterra, Italy. The Twilight series includes 32 vampires in the clan and they have swag. Aro, Caius, Marcus, Sulpicia, Athenodora, Didyme, and Jane are among them. Toss on a cape, powder your face white, add some 'blood' via some red lipstick, and you'll be part of the family.
Big Bird is protesting at Occupy Sesame Street
Presidential candidate Mitt Romney is to blame for this joke when he said, “I like PBS. I love Big Bird ... But I’m not going to keep on spending money on things to borrow money from China to pay for.” Expect to see a lot of Big Birds this Halloween, even if it's in a bright yellow raincoat with feathers.
- Velvet Underground: Vinyl fever returns on Record Store Day, LA-based dark glam opera band 'Timur and the Dime Museum' plays for The Miami Light Project, and go retro with famed drag queen Elaine Lancaster at Miami Bingo Bash
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- MOVA Lounge hosts 5th annual Block Party for Miami Beach Gay Pride Festival
- Plans emerge to save Miami's oldest bar as owners announce sale of Tobacco Road
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 11 - 13
- Dita Von Teese takes it off for South Florida
- 'Cocktales: Confessions of a Nymphomaniac' debuts at Bardot and runs through April
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 4 - 6
- SL Miami at The James Royal Palm closes
- Top three takeaways from Miami Music Week and Ultra Music Festival