Grovetoberfest celebrates craft beer
Coconut Grove gives love to craft beer at Grovetoberfest, a celebration of beer from around the world.
October means two things: turning every available cultural reference into a slutty Halloween costume and conspicuous consumption of beer. This weekend you can devote yourself to the latter at Grovetoberfest, a chance to raise your glass (or red SOLO cup) to the world's top brewers and work on padding your beer belly.
The Bavarian-style celebration takes place this Saturday at Peacock Park in Coconut Grove with 250 different brands of beer to sample including American craft beers like New Belgium, Sierra Nevada, Abita, Bells, Sweetwater, Founder's, Brooklyn and Goose Island. Duvel, Chimay, New Castle and Magners will be on hand for beer lovers who like imports. Keep it local with sips from Cigar City, Wynwood Brewing, Miami Brewing and Funky Buddha.
The Bougainvillea's Live Music Stage will feature music by Miami's own Liza Quin and the Kitchen Lab returns with beer/food pairing demos hosted by Chefs Giorgio Rapicavoli of Eating House, Macchialina's Michael Pirolo, Hidden Kitchen's Michael Jacobs and Jacob Amaya of OTC Restaurants.
Local brewers compete again in the “Miami’s Best Homebrew Contest." The winning beer will be available at a local restaurant/bar and will have one full year's worth of bragging rights. The winners of the Fan Favorite and Homebrew competitions will be announced at the event.
If you get carried away with your beer sampling, Grovetoberfest will offer complimentary shuttle rides from the Metro Rail/Coconut Grove station to the event and back. Last shuttle leaves at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 19 from 2:30-7 p.m.
Peacock Park, 2820 McFarlane Road, Coconut Grove
See and Do
- Five ways to experience Hard Rock Stadium like the 1 Percent
- 20 signs that you might be Cuban
- Public transportation in Miami is making moves
- 20 great parks, 20 great outings
- Cauley Square is a hidden gem in Miami
- Instagram photos that prove that Biscayne National Park is a dazzling gem
- Check out these 5 events during Downtown Art Days
- 5 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Aug 26-28
- 'Star Wars' marathon at the Olympia Theater
- 'Psychic Match' star Deborah Graham talks about finding real love at Books & Books