Grovetoberfest celebrates craft beer
Coconut Grove gives love to craft beer at Grovetoberfest, a celebration of beer from around the world.
Saturday, Oct. 19 from 2:30-7 p.m.
Peacock Park, 2820 McFarlane Road, Coconut Grove
October means two things: turning every available cultural reference into a slutty Halloween costume and conspicuous consumption of beer. This weekend you can devote yourself to the latter at Grovetoberfest, a chance to raise your glass (or red SOLO cup) to the world's top brewers and work on padding your beer belly.
The Bavarian-style celebration takes place this Saturday at Peacock Park in Coconut Grove with 250 different brands of beer to sample including American craft beers like New Belgium, Sierra Nevada, Abita, Bells, Sweetwater, Founder's, Brooklyn and Goose Island. Duvel, Chimay, New Castle and Magners will be on hand for beer lovers who like imports. Keep it local with sips from Cigar City, Wynwood Brewing, Miami Brewing and Funky Buddha.
The Bougainvillea's Live Music Stage will feature music by Miami's own Liza Quin and the Kitchen Lab returns with beer/food pairing demos hosted by Chefs Giorgio Rapicavoli of Eating House, Macchialina's Michael Pirolo, Hidden Kitchen's Michael Jacobs and Jacob Amaya of OTC Restaurants.
Local brewers compete again in the “Miami’s Best Homebrew Contest." The winning beer will be available at a local restaurant/bar and will have one full year's worth of bragging rights. The winners of the Fan Favorite and Homebrew competitions will be announced at the event.
If you get carried away with your beer sampling, Grovetoberfest will offer complimentary shuttle rides from the Metro Rail/Coconut Grove station to the event and back. Last shuttle leaves at 7:30 p.m.
See and Do
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 27-March 1
- South Beach Comedy Festival 2015 announces line-up
- Disney Live, Mommy’s Night Out, Food Trucks & Skating: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Feb 23-29
- Things to Do in Miami this Weekend - Feb. 20-22
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 14-16
- President’s Day Weekend Guide 2015
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 13-15
- Valentine’s Day events in Miami for sweeties, singles and families
- Cupid's Carnival, Pirates, Festivals & Freebie Fun: Top Picks: Feb 9-15
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 6-8