Grovetoberfest celebrates craft beer
Coconut Grove gives love to craft beer at Grovetoberfest, a celebration of beer from around the world.
Saturday, Oct. 19 from 2:30-7 p.m.
Peacock Park, 2820 McFarlane Road, Coconut Grove
October means two things: turning every available cultural reference into a slutty Halloween costume and conspicuous consumption of beer. This weekend you can devote yourself to the latter at Grovetoberfest, a chance to raise your glass (or red SOLO cup) to the world's top brewers and work on padding your beer belly.
The Bavarian-style celebration takes place this Saturday at Peacock Park in Coconut Grove with 250 different brands of beer to sample including American craft beers like New Belgium, Sierra Nevada, Abita, Bells, Sweetwater, Founder's, Brooklyn and Goose Island. Duvel, Chimay, New Castle and Magners will be on hand for beer lovers who like imports. Keep it local with sips from Cigar City, Wynwood Brewing, Miami Brewing and Funky Buddha.
The Bougainvillea's Live Music Stage will feature music by Miami's own Liza Quin and the Kitchen Lab returns with beer/food pairing demos hosted by Chefs Giorgio Rapicavoli of Eating House, Macchialina's Michael Pirolo, Hidden Kitchen's Michael Jacobs and Jacob Amaya of OTC Restaurants.
Local brewers compete again in the “Miami’s Best Homebrew Contest." The winning beer will be available at a local restaurant/bar and will have one full year's worth of bragging rights. The winners of the Fan Favorite and Homebrew competitions will be announced at the event.
If you get carried away with your beer sampling, Grovetoberfest will offer complimentary shuttle rides from the Metro Rail/Coconut Grove station to the event and back. Last shuttle leaves at 7:30 p.m.
See and Do
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun June 1-7
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 29-31
- Summer Fun 2015: Your guide to kids programs and camps for the summer in Miami
- Feel the Force: Hurricanes and Other Hazards at the Frost Museum of Science
- Summer Fun 2015: Your guide to parks in Miami this summer
- Russian pianist plays Wynwood on Friday
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 22-24
- Third Thursdays at Perez Art Museum Miami brings music and drinks
- Memorial Day Weekend Events - 2015
- Haitian Book Fair to celebrate Caribbean culture for 3rd year