Grovetoberfest celebrates craft beer
Coconut Grove gives love to craft beer at Grovetoberfest, a celebration of beer from around the world.
Saturday, Oct. 13 from 3-7 p.m.
Peacock Park, 2820 McFarlane Road, Coconut Grove
Tickets $39, VIP $89
Beer lovers who survived last weekend's Oktoberfest activities can keep the Bavarian-style celebration going at Grovetoberfest this Saturday, Oct. 13. Brew enthusiasts from around the world (and from down the street) will meet - rain or shine - in Peacock Park to sample an international menu of beer.
Participants can try from 200 craft beers, cast their vote for their favorite and sample the festival's own Grovetober Coconut Porter. The festivities will also include The Bougainvillea's Live Music Stage featuring Robert Elias and Red Skies, a Homebrew Pavilion, the South Dade Toyota VIP Lounge and the Food Row with plenty of culinary options to help soak up the alcohol.
There will also be a Kitchen Lab for beer/food pairings featuring Chef Andre Bienvenu from Joe’s Stone Crab, Chef Bradley Herron from Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink Miami, Chef Lou Ramirez from Lou’s Beer Garden, Chef Michell Sanchez from Latin House Burger & Taco Bar, Nedal Ahmad from Pincho Factory and a special appearance by TV personality, Chef Ralph Pagano from Hell’s Kitchen and Iron Chef.
Local breweries will get a nod in this year's new “Miami’s Best Homebrew Contest." The winning beer will be available at a local restaurant/bar for the rest of the year. The winners of the Fan Favorite and Homebrew competitions will be announced at the event.
And for those who take their brew sampling a little too far, there will be a Safe Ride Home Program to keep drunken revelers off the road.
See and Do
- What to do with kids in Miami May 20-26
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 17-19
- Ten Years of Cubalibre Block Party
- 'The Fox on the Fairway' at Actors' Playhouse in Coral Gables scores with laughs
- What to do with kids in Miami May 13-19
- Bill Cosby, at Hard Rock Sunday, talks about TV, racism and life
- ‘War Horse’ casts a simple yet powerful spell
- ‘Memphis’ cast shows vocal chops
- Create-A-Skate at the Museum of Discovery and Science
- 'War Horse' gallops into the South Florida this week