The Grove Gallery Walk
Frat boys, make way for the artsy fartsy.
This Saturday (February 5) Coconut Grove hosts its Grove Gallery Walk, where all the boutique galleries open their doors to the public, serve up refreshments and let you enjoy the works of emerging artists.
David Collins, Executive Director of the Coconut Grove Business Improvement District which organizes the event, says the the Gallery Walk offers locals "a relaxed opportunity to visit ten art galleries in a strolling atmosphere--each of the galleries becomes like a small art party."
Cristina Chacon Gallery presents “Bloom”, a group show with works by Ray Azcuy, Mano, Monica Gonzalez Bo and Ruth Bloch. At Grovehouse Artists, check out Mitchell Schulman's show “The Heart Of…”, colorful paintings featuring water gardens and lily 'hearts.'
Grove Retrospective Gallery “Flowering of Inspiration” will feature a collection of signed and numbered lithographs by Salvador Dali along with 75 other original Dali prints as well as “Keeping it Real – Eco Abstractions,” a collection of works by revered South Florida photographer Scherley Busch.
RODEZart.com gallery hosts "PERSONALITIES II: A continuing exploration of the relationship between emotional states and art.”
Don’t miss out on all the other great galleries featured in the Walk, including ArtWay 66, Blue Moon Studio of Art, Dharma Studio, Frameworks Studio, Max in the Grove and Nomade Art Gallery.
The Grove Gallery Walk begins at 7 p.m. and continues through 10 p.m. It is free and open to the public. Hors d'oeuvres and refreshments will be made available at participating galleries, live music can be found at some locations.
Coconut Grove Gallery Walk, February 5, 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Participating galleries include:
Windisch-Hunt Fine Art Gallery, 2911 Grande Ave.
Coconut Grove Arts Festival Gallery, 3390 Mary Street, Suite 128
Grove House Artists, 3390 Mary Street
RODEZart.com Gallery, 3015 Grand Ave., Suite 237
Cristina Chacon Studio Gallery, 3162 Commodore Plaza, Suite 1F2
Nomade Gallery, 3133 Commodore Plaza
Dharma Studio, 3170 Commodore Plaza
See and Do
- 5 Reasons to go to Wynwood Life
- O, Miami poetry shows up in local food
- Wynwood Art Walk moves to a larger street for monthly event in Miami
- 6 ways to tap into the Miami-London love affair
- Ayikodans offers a prayer in the form of dance for its sixth season at the Arsht Center
- 7 best bets for live music this weekend
- 'Peppa Pig’ makes a splash with live shows in South Florida
- A 'Sound of Music’ that hits many of the right notes
- Pérez Art Museum Miami: 9 features you won’t want to miss
- DWNTWN Art Days 2015 this weekend