The Grove Gallery Walk
Frat boys, make way for the artsy fartsy.
Coconut Grove Gallery Walk, February 5, 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Participating galleries include:
Windisch-Hunt Fine Art Gallery, 2911 Grande Ave.
Coconut Grove Arts Festival Gallery, 3390 Mary Street, Suite 128
Grove House Artists, 3390 Mary Street
RODEZart.com Gallery, 3015 Grand Ave., Suite 237
Cristina Chacon Studio Gallery, 3162 Commodore Plaza, Suite 1F2
Nomade Gallery, 3133 Commodore Plaza
Dharma Studio, 3170 Commodore Plaza
This Saturday (February 5) Coconut Grove hosts its Grove Gallery Walk, where all the boutique galleries open their doors to the public, serve up refreshments and let you enjoy the works of emerging artists.
David Collins, Executive Director of the Coconut Grove Business Improvement District which organizes the event, says the the Gallery Walk offers locals "a relaxed opportunity to visit ten art galleries in a strolling atmosphere--each of the galleries becomes like a small art party."
Cristina Chacon Gallery presents “Bloom”, a group show with works by Ray Azcuy, Mano, Monica Gonzalez Bo and Ruth Bloch. At Grovehouse Artists, check out Mitchell Schulman's show “The Heart Of…”, colorful paintings featuring water gardens and lily 'hearts.'
Grove Retrospective Gallery “Flowering of Inspiration” will feature a collection of signed and numbered lithographs by Salvador Dali along with 75 other original Dali prints as well as “Keeping it Real – Eco Abstractions,” a collection of works by revered South Florida photographer Scherley Busch.
RODEZart.com gallery hosts "PERSONALITIES II: A continuing exploration of the relationship between emotional states and art.”
Don’t miss out on all the other great galleries featured in the Walk, including ArtWay 66, Blue Moon Studio of Art, Dharma Studio, Frameworks Studio, Max in the Grove and Nomade Art Gallery.
The Grove Gallery Walk begins at 7 p.m. and continues through 10 p.m. It is free and open to the public. Hors d'oeuvres and refreshments will be made available at participating galleries, live music can be found at some locations.
See and Do
- Photo exhibit at UM Art Gallery explores life on the Texas High Plains
- #HowToMiami - Street Art
- 'Frida: Unmasked' explores the life of famed artist Frida Kahlo
- New World Symphony releases Wallcast concert series schedule for 2014-2015
- Stage Door explores the songs of the 1960s with ‘What’s New Pussycat?’
- Raw intimacy in Carlota Pradera’s ‘Bare Bones’ at the Miami Theater Center
- Miami choreographer Rosie Herrera turns life in a Cuban cabaret to art for ‘Show.Girl.’ with Ballet Hispanico
- Pérez Art Museum Miami: 10 features you won’t want to miss
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Accessible Art: Arsht Center exhibit fuses fashion and art, a call for artists at Segafredo, and the Wolfsonian-FIU presents Rebirth of Rome