Ground Up & Rising brings Shakespeare's Hamlet to Miami Beach Botanical Gardens
See Hamlet at the Miami Beach Botanical Gardens this Sunday in Ground Up & Rising's production that uses the lush surroundings as a stage.
What better way to celebrate an election year than revisiting one of Shakespeare’s masterpieces about political ambition gone awry.
Ground Up & Rising performs Macbeth at the Miami Beach Botanical Gardens (2000 Convention Center Dr.) at 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 26 using the lush landscape and natural surroundings as their stage.
Watch as the Scottish lord Macbeth and his merciless wife plot, scheme and justify their wayward actions in a ruthless grab for political clout that ultimately leads to their own destruction. Admission is free.
See and Do
- City Theatre’s Summer Shorts parlays brevity into longevity
- Area Stage’s ‘[title of show]’ proves a meta musical charmer
- Christopher Durang samples Anton Chekhov in ‘Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike’
- Fitzgerald and Hemingway collide in ‘Scott and Hem’ at Actors’ Playhouse
- Blue Man Group brings bits old and new to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Mysterious ‘Water’ examines boundaries of tolerance in Miami Theater Center play premiere
- Chicago’s House Theatre returns to the Arsht Center with ‘Rose and the Rime’
- Seven decades of life in Little Havana unfold in ‘Paradise Motel’
- 'Have I Got a Girl for You' is a hit
- Miami Improv comedy club to reopen in Kendall on Saturday; Rob Schneider performs in April