Ground Up & Rising brings Shakespeare's Hamlet to Miami Beach Botanical Gardens
See Hamlet at the Miami Beach Botanical Gardens this Sunday in Ground Up & Rising's production that uses the lush surroundings as a stage.
What better way to celebrate an election year than revisiting one of Shakespeare’s masterpieces about political ambition gone awry.
Ground Up & Rising performs Macbeth at the Miami Beach Botanical Gardens (2000 Convention Center Dr.) at 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 26 using the lush landscape and natural surroundings as their stage.
Watch as the Scottish lord Macbeth and his merciless wife plot, scheme and justify their wayward actions in a ruthless grab for political clout that ultimately leads to their own destruction. Admission is free.
See and Do
- Gay past meets present in GableStage’s ‘Mothers and Sons’
- Seaon of the Arts: Top theater events of 2014-15
- Pigs Do Fly's 'Fifty Plus: A New Attitude' at Empire Stage brings a new batch of short plays
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- ‘Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy’ brings a United Nations of talent to the Broward Center stage
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- City Theatre’s Summer Shorts parlays brevity into longevity
- Area Stage’s ‘[title of show]’ proves a meta musical charmer
- Christopher Durang samples Anton Chekhov in ‘Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike’