Ground Up & Rising brings Shakespeare's Hamlet to Miami Beach Botanical Gardens
See Hamlet at the Miami Beach Botanical Gardens this Sunday in Ground Up & Rising's production that uses the lush surroundings as a stage.
What better way to celebrate an election year than revisiting one of Shakespeare’s masterpieces about political ambition gone awry.
Ground Up & Rising performs Macbeth at the Miami Beach Botanical Gardens (2000 Convention Center Dr.) at 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 26 using the lush landscape and natural surroundings as their stage.
Watch as the Scottish lord Macbeth and his merciless wife plot, scheme and justify their wayward actions in a ruthless grab for political clout that ultimately leads to their own destruction. Admission is free.
See and Do
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Zoetic Stage’s ‘Stripped’ comes to colorful life at the Arsht Center
- Top 10 theater events in South Florida for 2015-16
- Top 10 dance events in South Florida for 2015-16
- Mad Cat’s ‘Lazy Fair’ at Miami Theater Center reunites partners in crime
- Nilo Cruz offers a Spanish-language production of his play ‘Beauty of the Father'
- City Theatre and Island City Stage team up for Shorts Gone Wild
- The Project [theatre] takes over Bardot with immersive hip hop theater
- Arsht Center’s big summer show, ‘Lookingglass Alice,’ has as many layers as the surreal, classic tale