Ground Up & Rising brings Shakespeare's Hamlet to Miami Beach Botanical Gardens
See Hamlet at the Miami Beach Botanical Gardens this Sunday in Ground Up & Rising's production that uses the lush surroundings as a stage.
What better way to celebrate an election year than revisiting one of Shakespeare’s masterpieces about political ambition gone awry.
Ground Up & Rising performs Macbeth at the Miami Beach Botanical Gardens (2000 Convention Center Dr.) at 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 26 using the lush landscape and natural surroundings as their stage.
Watch as the Scottish lord Macbeth and his merciless wife plot, scheme and justify their wayward actions in a ruthless grab for political clout that ultimately leads to their own destruction. Admission is free.
See and Do
- 'Priscilla Queen of the Desert' makes a pit stop in Miami
- Bio-musical ‘Fela’ gets crowd onto its feet at Arsht Center
- ‘Brothers Beckett’ gets a showcase at the Arsht
- ‘In the Heights’ takes on the flavors of Miami
- ‘Flashdance’ scores strongest on style and moves
- ‘Flashdance the Musical’ makes a splash at the Broward Center
- ‘Les Miz’ brings its operatic style to the Arsht
- Cirque du Soleil's ‘Totem’
- Zach Braff's ‘All New People’ debuts at Arsht Center
- ‘Cat Lady'