Ground Up & Rising brings Shakespeare's Hamlet to Miami Beach Botanical Gardens
See Hamlet at the Miami Beach Botanical Gardens this Sunday in Ground Up & Rising's production that uses the lush surroundings as a stage.
What better way to celebrate an election year than revisiting one of Shakespeare’s masterpieces about political ambition gone awry.
Ground Up & Rising performs Macbeth at the Miami Beach Botanical Gardens (2000 Convention Center Dr.) at 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 26 using the lush landscape and natural surroundings as their stage.
Watch as the Scottish lord Macbeth and his merciless wife plot, scheme and justify their wayward actions in a ruthless grab for political clout that ultimately leads to their own destruction. Admission is free.
See and Do
- ‘Book of Liz’ brings Sedaris humor to Fort Lauderdale’s Vanguard
- MicroTheater Miami’s first festival is $5 a show
- Slow Burn shows off a musical green thumb with ‘Little Shop of Horrors’
- Summer Shorts turns 20 with 9 plays and its most diverse company yet
- ‘Newsies’ brings its dancing David and Goliath story to the Arsht
- ‘Book of Mormon’ walks its fine line, this time at the Arsht Center
- Broward presents a revamped 'Phantom of the Opera'
- Alliance Theatre Lab’s 'The Originals' presents solo shows
- FUNDarte’s ‘Writing in Sand’ looks at Miami’s migrant women
- Hard times hit the American Dream in Zoetic Stage’s ‘Detroit’