`Grit' rides over `Fockers'
True Grit seized the reins at the weekend box office with $15 million, taking the No. 1 spot and becoming the first Western to top the $100 million mark since the 1990s, according to studio esti...
True Grit seized the reins at the weekend box office with $15 million, taking the No. 1 spot and becoming the first Western to top the $100 million mark since the 1990s, according to studio estimates released Sunday.
Among newcomers, Nicolas Cage's supernatural thriller Season of the Witch opened at No. 3 with $10.7 million.
Gwyneth Paltrow's country-music drama Country Strong premiered at No. 6 with $7.3 million.
Ticket sales are estimated for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Hollywood.com. Final figures will be released Monday.
1. True Grit, $15 million.
2. Little Fockers, $13.8 million.
3. Season of the Witch, $10.7 million.
4. Tron: Legacy, $9.8 million.
5. Black Swan, $8.4 million.
6. Country Strong, $7.3 million.
7. The Fighter, $7 million.
8. The King's Speech, $6.811 million.
9. Yogi Bear, $6.81 million.
10. Tangled, $5.2 million.
On Our Radar
- Paris Hilton to DJ Saturday night at WALL
- Madonna concert dates in Miami changed
- Christina Milian models in Miami Beach
- What's up with Ryan Tannehill's mega contract?
- Instacart: An easier way to get groceries?
- Tony Romo eats his way through Miami
- Phil Collins in town
- Adrian Grenier guest of honor at magazine party
- Kings of Chaos at Hard Rock Live
- Joe Pepitone biopic penned by local screenwriters