`Grit' rides over `Fockers'
True Grit seized the reins at the weekend box office with $15 million, taking the No. 1 spot and becoming the first Western to top the $100 million mark since the 1990s, according to studio esti...
True Grit seized the reins at the weekend box office with $15 million, taking the No. 1 spot and becoming the first Western to top the $100 million mark since the 1990s, according to studio estimates released Sunday.
Among newcomers, Nicolas Cage's supernatural thriller Season of the Witch opened at No. 3 with $10.7 million.
Gwyneth Paltrow's country-music drama Country Strong premiered at No. 6 with $7.3 million.
Ticket sales are estimated for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Hollywood.com. Final figures will be released Monday.
1. True Grit, $15 million.
2. Little Fockers, $13.8 million.
3. Season of the Witch, $10.7 million.
4. Tron: Legacy, $9.8 million.
5. Black Swan, $8.4 million.
6. Country Strong, $7.3 million.
7. The Fighter, $7 million.
8. The King's Speech, $6.811 million.
9. Yogi Bear, $6.81 million.
10. Tangled, $5.2 million.
On Our Radar
- Keith Richards' daughter Alexandra spins for crowd
- Models & bottles: Leonardo DiCaprio does Miami Beach
- The Rock literally battles it out in new movie Hercules
- Mario Lopez parties on yacht in Miami Beach
- Models spotted at Swim Week
- Cool and crafty event at Aventura Mall
- Roselyn Sánchez dishes on ‘Devious Maids,’ singing and new Spanish comedy
- Local bachelor appears in the nude on reality show
- Burger place featured on TV show
- Cake Boss helps local baker